• ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Today, was at Blythe's drooling over some new 1911's. Im looking for one with a rail and night sights. Night sights are not mandatory, as they can always be added later. I already have 2 Kimber Custom TLE/RL IIs, so not so much really on another Kimber. They did have a pretty nice Smith & Wesson with some nice extras, a base Colt for almost the same price (needed night sights), and a Para for a couple hundred less and needing night sights. I would even like a Springfield Armory, but they did not have one in stock. There was a Sig there as well, but did not like the flat trigger at all when I had shot it before. Personally, I was thinking more the Para, however was wanting to see some other opinions, either on these or on any others that might have not been mentioned. And I realize that there are 100s of 1911s, but I do need it to have a rail. Thanks all.

PUalum04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Hope
    After waiting for 3 months, my brother finally got his Springfield MC Operator and it is a fantastic gun. Extremely tight and has eaten everything we have thrown at it so far. It's definitely moved up on my priority list.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Were you at the Blythes in Highland or Valpo. I know in Valpo they have had a TON of 1911s the last time I was there. They are really pushing the STI name but they had several springers and colts also.

I was at the Griffith one. And they both have a ton, but I was only wanting ones with rails on them. I was going to hit the Valpo one probably tomorrow or Thursday, and look at some more.

Normally I would say kimber but since you already have 2 I'm gonna say look at Springfield operator or trp
    I was looking at one of the Springfields before, but they did not have it this time. Nice two toned, although I do like one color a bit more. But, its paint, something else that can be changed later if needed.

Colt XSE rail gun?

Was just a Colt, did not have anything on the side. Had not really looked much into Colts beforehand, as this was the first one that I had actually seen in the store with the rail. I will be researching it abit more, and would one day like a Colt in the collection, but if there is a better one, I do not want to sacrifice, as this will be most likely my carry.

Thanks all for the responses so far.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    After waiting for 3 months, my brother finally got his Springfield MC Operator and it is a fantastic gun. Extremely tight and has eaten everything we have thrown at it so far. It's definitely moved up on my priority list.

Thanks, that was actually one that was higher on the list, but since they did not have it, figured I would look at what else they had. I don't mind spending extra, as long as its money well spent, I try not to waste if there is something as good quality for a cheaper price, but I will spend extra for something better. I do have a Springfield XD and a GI 1911, so I know they are good quality, would not mind picking one of theirs up with a rail as well, but not so much if its a special order, I like feeling it in hand.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    The big daddy to all the railed 1911's. SA TRP operator with full rail. :D
    photo-192.jpg

photo-191.jpg

photo-190.jpg

It's defiantly my favorite.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    If you go for a Springer TRP get the best of the TRP pack. The model in the link shoots as well as my Wilsons and Nighthawks.

Springfield Armory

Thanks, that was the one that I had been looking at before. Just didn't put down on it before. Its at the top of the list, but still, always open for options. And glad to know that it shoots as well as I had hoped and thought that it would.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Here is my newest one the day I brought her home.

pix194778000.jpg

Looking great. Even the box looks nicer then the one my original Springfield GI came in, :): That does look nice. Im betting you are already planning the range trip to start the break in

PUalum04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Hope
    I love the looks of the TRP Operators but the one thing I just don't understand is why Springfield put target sites on this gun. This is clearly a "combat" weapon and should have night sights. Or at least the option.

Has anyone put different sights on thier TRP Operator? I know 10-8 is working on some:
    10-8 Performance: Springfield TRP Operator

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I love the looks of the TRP Operators but the one thing I just don't understand is why Springfield put target sites on this gun. This is clearly a "combat" weapon and should have night sights. Or at least the option.

Has anyone put different sights on thier TRP Operator? I know 10-8 is working on some:
    10-8 Performance: Springfield TRP Operator

From the website, and the one that I held a bit back ago, they were adj night sights. But the two with the beautiful pistols are more then welcome to answer this better for sure.

Top Bottom