• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AdamP123

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2017
    West-Central
    My Ruger RPR .308. Changed it up a bit since the photo was taken. Went with a PA FFP 4-14x44 mil dot scope. Very, very accurate rifle with an outstanding trigger.

30737041284_43b215a459_b.jpg

30737029324_d530864ce7_b.jpg

Conductor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2019
    ANDREWS
    To sum myself up, currently at three Garands, one 1903, one K98k, one M14, one AR-15, one Remington 700, one bSw .22 trainer.

Two IHC Garands

pdfAyEI.jpg

O7ELhIw.jpg

Fulton Armory M14. I have several stocks for it that will eventually turn into more M14s....

7f5RWJ3.jpg

t7hYRBn.jpg

gN0P6rU.jpg

5 digit Springfield M1 Garand and dou 43 K98k. The Garand is in the midst of a proper restoration to its original configuration, so these are "before" pics.

IYFAFei.jpg

XTNJ06i.jpg

b2vD84b.jpg

OIs2a39.jpg

1903 Springfield, this used to be a sporter with a peep sight on it, luckily it has been salvaged from that state. Mixed parts on it, I have a 12x Unertl target scope that will turn it into a fine USMC sniper replica.

06XG4zP.jpg

DGNEp3e.jpg

rlczBnw.jpg

BzO58oY.jpg

Remington 700 in 22-250 with Leupold scope

c2B7I3X.jpg

Plain Jane S&W MP15. It has a Burris scope on it now. My money goes towards surplus!

ZudHbDK.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I lucked into a Mauser yesterday/last week.

Last weekend we were all in Terre Haute to see my son graduate from ISU. Before we left, we (I) decided to stop in and see the new Top Guns store. It was a tiny shop last time I was in there. My father-in-law found a 20 G Stevens hes been looking for, but didn't have the cash. I offered to buy it for him if he gave me his Mauser. No deal, but he offered me his other 9mm handgun.

I went ahead and bought it for him, even though he couldn't remember what kind of handgun it was. Wonderful gentleman, who has helped us a lot in the past. Got home... Turns out he had sold the other 9mm. (His memory isn't so great these days as he's in his 70s.) Went to Willow Slough yesterday to shoot, and after one round of the Mauser... he said "That's it." I got the Mauser.

He's had it for years, but never fired it. Supposedly, it was a bring back he got from his uncle "Unkie" who fought it Italy during WWII. However, doing some research, I find it's a Brazilian model 1908. I remember Unkie saying he got it in Italy, but he was old. This was just before he passed about 5 or 6 years ago.

The good news is it's numbers matching. Bolt, barrel, floorplate, and stock all match the receiver.

The bad news is it's pretty rough. The wood has a lot of little dings in it, and the crest is kinda shallow. The receiver, being in the white for over 100 years is kind rough. There is no bayonet, or sling, and I can't get the cleaning rod pulled out. I haven't disassembled it to clean it yet.

The good news is there's no rust or pitting, and it shoots well. All that dust must have been like a protective layer.

Not a fan of the sights. It's very hard to shoot with that tiny v-notch and my bad eyes. I may end up putting a peep sight on it, but not sure yet. The only other surplus bolt gun I ever had was a #4 MK 1, and it had peep sights on it. That 29" barrel is something else too. Getting real used to all the modern guns with their shorter barrels. Lol.

ewCbMOb.jpg

Htfa7HF.jpg

2T5CIgI.jpg

8ohCzTu.jpg

Not a bad deal for buying my father-in-law a $170 shotgun.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    .45 caplock I got off armslist a few months ago, mainly for deer muzzle loader season. The seller said it was about 50 years old, but I'm not sure all parts are of that age - some look older. Barrel marked "Made for Golden Age Arms" and "Douglas." It apparently was broken near the wrist at some point, but well repaired. Set trigger is very sensitive. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet. Some carving on the stock, appears to be converted from flint. If it is from Golden Age Arms, I have read that there were some real artists assembling rifles there back in the '70s.
    RYpSo9r.jpg

6cv1oNF.jpg

6cTgp7A.jpg

NA5swO4.jpg

BBS9XN6.jpg

hkjj2Ip.jpg

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    New deer popper.
    Was looking at Steyr CLII and saw the Pro Hunters on closeout for 599 (Retting in CA)
    Not much info on the web.
    Figured out after a while that the .30-06 is the "M" action.
    Did not like Talley pic rail and 2 pc base/rings with rings to inside.......might not fit a 50mm objective scope.
    So................where to get a pic rail that is just flat on both sides?
    Recknagel...............found on some British site.
    Got the part number from them.
    Looked around some more and lo and behold, NECG carries em ! :)

So..............Steyr Pro Hunter in .30-06. Recknagel pic rail (no slope).
    Burris Signature Zee rings (medium)
    Redfield Revolution 3-9X 50mm.

Got my scope and rings at Bullseye (pic from there)

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Old never-used family hand-me-down Brazilian Mauser gets a new life as a Scout Rifle. The 20" barrel will now allow it to fit in my gun cabinet. The Surefire Warcomp (matching my other guns) will allow for suppressor use, and possibly tame the already soft 7x57 recoil. The Vortex 2-7x32 is good at 2 to 4, but you kinda have to stretch your neck when you crank it up to 7. It may not stay. Thinking Leupold, or just a red dot. Then again, this rifle not built for high power optics... Could only find a scope cap for the objective lens at the LGS. I'll have to order one for the ocular lens if I keep it. It sits on a left over piece of picatinny rail section bolted to the milled rear sight base. The original plan was just have the scope mount sticking out through the top wood, but I seen that Hogue stock... The Hogue stock speaks for itself... so comfy. Had to have it. Straight bolt was fine. Just got the bent bolt because the Hogue stock had a cut out for one, and would look weird with the straight bolt, but it works real well. I move my hand just the smallest bit, and the handle is right there. Good call Mr. Gunsmith. Still up in the air on sights. Waiting on more funds, and finding ones that won't get in the way of stripper clip feeding. I may also spring for the XS scout scope mount in the future now that I went with the Hogue stock, as the modified original kinda looks clunky, but it does work...

0ubjE08.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That's actually pretty awesome. Great job.

Hadn't thought of sporting a Mauser into a scout rifle, but now that I see it, I like it!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The collector purists will hate on you... fair warning.

hahaha

By no stretch am I a gun snob. :) They are tools. They are heirlooms. People should enjoy them in whatever ways bring them joy.

I can certainly appreciate the history of what your Brazilian Mauser was, and I would not fault anyone for keeping it that way, too. And, frankly, if you wrote about your idea before doing it, I would've ignored it. :D Probably not mocked you, but would've thought, "Well, to each his own...."

But seeing it, and I can imagine it being a good shooter, I really like it. In a strange way, it almost makes more sense to me than the actual semiauto scout idea.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Picked up a couple nice ones yesterday. Both from right here on INGO. Yeah, for the internet.

The Weatherby Vanguard Series 2 Weatherguard in .223 was BNIB unfired. I got a set of Leupold bases and rings for an old but faithful Nikon M308 I had.

VUhZsmQ.jpg

I also picked up this sweet Remington 700 in .243. It's funny but I had bought from this guy before, yet neither one of us had remembered we were the same people at first. Not til we had talked a bit back, and forth. Got a good laugh out of it at the meet. I didn't have a scope for this, so I bought a Vortex 4x12 and another Leupold base, and set of rings. This had came with a plastic stock, as so many do these days, but I like the that the PO put a Boyd's on it. I wouldn't have picked the maple, as I like darker wood, but I've had it one night, and I'm already coming around. It's different that anything else I have, and pretty dang nice.

yFTJ3AS.jpg

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Had three of my Garands out last week and decided to put the bayonets on them for a little picture.

RIp4vtl.jpg

zALpVHh.jpg

Nice! I am a sucker for the M1's.

I, too, have three after thinning the herd a little. Two WWII Springfield's and a late IH postage stamp.

Just acquired a National Postal Meter M1 carbine also. What can i say, I am a .30 cal guy.

Keep up the good work of collecting and be a good steward for the next owners.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    a9n6KJyh.jpg

Having Finnish blood in my veins, it only took me 15 years after acquiring my first Mosin (for all of $89) to finally snag a Finn M39. This particular specimen is a 1942 Belgian b-barrel variant. An old warhorse with some long-forgotten stories soaked into its stock, and quite the looker if I do say so myself.

Top Bottom