Marlin 1895 45/70 22"

yJ8o9Is.jpg

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    new Ruger 10-22 won last month @ Wildcat valley steel challenge match.
    mucho thanks to Aaron @ Applied Ballistics in Layfayette

added a set of Williams firesights, TK charging handle, & Tacsol extended mag release

:cheers:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Turns out I'm very happy with what is pretty much a $500 precision bolt gun, but in (now) a light weight patrol carbine version... (and no longer $500 with the scope, Warcomp, and barrel shortened) Anyway... I had my Weatherby Vanguard Series 2 in .223 modified. Took it in and had the barrel shortened to 16.25", and a closed tine Warcomp, put on. The Nikon M-308 was spot on as far as the BDC goes on the old rifle, but it has no way to use the reticle to do the ranging... On this rifle, It has performed well just in giving me a clean clear picture of the target. I haven't used the holdovers yet on this one. In the "patron carbine" role, I just did a 50 yd zero. I just aim center of mass, from zero to 300... and bang. The 1/9 hammer forged barrel loves 62gr bonded. Thinking about maybe a 1/7 5.56 barrel, but I'm really pretty happy so far as it shoots several loads, including plane jane 193, and 855 very well too. (even though I'm not supposed to shoot 5.56) Too early to tell. Only had it out a few times. I know enough to say I like it. I like it a lot. If anyone is looking for a middle of the road $500 bolt gun, the Vanguard Series 2 is worth it IMHO.

gXsDnAQ.jpg

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Haven't posted a pic of it yet but here's my new PSL. Not a reman. Newly built from the Cujir factory. Barrel has the 2019 stamp and all that good stuff. I think my only complaint is the LOP is a little short but that's about it. This thing ejects shells like nobody's business. Some went 10 feet and one shot up about 6 feet onto the roof of a house. No malfunctions of any kind. I'm still dealing with the seller about an issue with the optic but I hope to have that resolved sometime soon.
    20200201_200142.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Mini 14 Ranch rifle. Cogburn Arsenal front sight with bayonet lug, closed tine Warcomp, Ultimak rail with Hi-Lux 2-7 scope, Accuracy Systems stabilizer, Specter sling.

NuVOA0B.jpg

95VRT

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2020
    Indy
    Mini 14 Ranch rifle. Cogburn Arsenal front sight with bayonet lug, closed tine Warcomp, Ultimak rail with Hi-Lux 2-7 scope, Accuracy Systems stabilizer, Specter

Nice rifle. I think a Mini is my next purchase. Always had a 10/22 and lots of Ruger pistols but never a Mini

Top Bottom