• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I'm looking for a light to put on a long gun? Price range can vary. Mounting options can vary. Just wondering what everyone is using. Thanks in advance. Should probably say it's either going on my AR15 or my AKM, or both depending on the costs. Thanks!

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Just wondering what others are using and am trying to figure out a setup to run on my rifles. Don't really want to have to buy 3 x300's either :)

The AK has an ultimak, and the AR is still going to undergo some changes, but will likely have an MLOK or keymod rail section. Still waiting on a good deal.

I know it's vague, but just wanting to see if there is anything others are using that I haven't thought of. Considering buying two surefire 6px and calling it a day (if I can find a way for it to be high mode only).

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I used to recommend Inforce WML's. I have one on my duty rifle right now. It's a place holder until I get an Elzetta or Surefire. I had great luck with my Inforce until I managed to break it. I can't have my light breaking, I'm afraid of the dark....

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Nothing but Surefire goes on my business guns. Pistols, shotgun and rifle all have Surefires on them. There are plenty of other options out there and most of them cost less but I've never had a Surefire let me down so I'll continue to use them.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Got the M300 surefire scoutlight for years now. When it had problems flickering during livefire, Surefire fixed it at no cost even when I couldn't produce a receipt. I prefer the tailcap switch vs pressure switch.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I'm also a Surefire believer for weapon lights.

I have an Inforce WML on the bench that just died last week... pressed the switch, bright flash, and now it's dead. This, of course, makes me wonder how long the Haley version that I have on another rifle has left until it dies.

My Saiga 12 destroyed a Streamlight Poly Tac in less than 25 shells. The head fell of and didn't work when I screwed it back on.

I have a Surefire M600 Scout that's been treated far worse, for far longer, and it's still going. My wife inherited my ancient x300 when I bought an x300u for a new pistol.

I've heard good things about Elzetta, but it's going to take one helluva sale to get me to try one over another Surefire.

:twocents:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Nothing but Surefire goes on my business guns. Pistols, shotgun and rifle all have Surefires on them. There are plenty of other options out there and most of them cost less but I've never had a Surefire let me down so I'll continue to use them.

Can you give specifics sir? Which lights on which guns?

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Had a surefire 6p with xenon bulb laying around. Modded it with led drop in from malkoff devices. Mounted it with an elzetta mount. Sturdy and no issues.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    My Saiga 12 destroyed a Streamlight Poly Tac in less than 25 shells. The head fell of and didn't work when I screwed it back on

So lemme get this straight;
    You took a $30 plastic flashlight that was never intended to be mounted on any firearm, mounted it on a 12 gauge shotgun, and wanna use THAT as an example of another manufacture's product superiority?
    Get. Frickin'. Real!
    What's next? Gonna tell me you left out the part where it was an incandescent bulb model and the filament was damaged when you dropped it?

I just checked. Streamlight doesn't even MAKE a PolyTac weapon mount. What were you using, tape and a scope ring?
    I've got tens of thousands of rounds of experience with TLR-1 AND TLR-2 WEAPONlights and years with Microstream, StylusPro, Strion & Stinger FLASHlights. Zero problems. ZERO. From any of them.

If you look at Surefire's website, they differentiate as well. There are a few Streamlight and Surefire FLASHlights that are designed to double as a weapon light. Just because some random light fits in a scope ring or other mount DOES NOT mean it was meant to be used on a firearm.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Streamlight TLR-1 mounted underside front of my (mid-length) rail, activated from my Magpul Angled-Foregrip. Yeah it casts a barrel shadow, so if any zombies are hiding up on the ceiling, I guess I'm screwed.

Top Bottom