• ...and so much more!
  • sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Is the crazy stuff settling down?

Yesterday, my fiance and I stopped by a small LGS in Paoli, around 10:30 in the a.m. To my surprise, we were the only customers in the shop. ?? About a month and a half ago, we had visited same store and it was packed with folk, many spending some coin.

Is the rush over? The shop's prices are rather high, in my opinion, so maybe this is a factor. Okay, they are a LOT high on many things. Very nice guys behind the counter, though. :yesway:

We looked around for a while, then left. Parking lot was still empty.

Anyone else noticing this? Or was this just a local anomaly?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The gun show I went to yesterday in Evansville had very light traffic. I didn't see much selling at all. I listened to several conversations where vendors were holding to their high prices.

I had one guy tell me that he knew his price on a mag was high but he wouldn't budge. I walked two aisles over and bought one for $12 less.

Most of the LGS's I have visited lately have about the same amount of traffic as I have seen in the past but there again, I don't see many transactions. I imagine several stores are really having some cash flow issues right now. Even if they can make more margin with higher markups, they have to have the product to sell.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Did they have any inventory? When I was in the gun stores in Kalamazoo last weekend, the stores were packed. Literally elbow to elbow. One store did have cases of .223, at $900.00/case. I said no thanks to that and went down the road and bought my wife a new handgun at a different store. (she picked it out.) Hopefully though, you are right.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    If like me the cash is limited and therefore no purchase planned. Had plans to pick up a STI 9mm for summer fun but will be saving cash for ammo and replacing the leaf blower that quit yesterday. Oh yes, vacation plans changed and need a few extra dollars there.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Did they have any inventory? When I was in the gun stores in Kalamazoo last weekend, the stores were packed. Literally elbow to elbow. One store did have cases of .223, at $900.00/case. I said no thanks to that and went down the road and bought my wife a new handgun at a different store. (she picked it out.) Hopefully though, you are right.

Some. Decent selection of handguns, both used and new. A few ARs and AKs, not bad for a small store. Just two GLOCKs.

Top Bottom