• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    FYI.....Lieber rec area is part of the ACOE. There's a sign as you enter to pay.
    According to the website, only the dam and tailwaters are controlled by the ACOE. The park is controlled by DNR. The maps on the ACOE website show the borders far beyond the reservoir that even contains a pretty good stretch of the state highway. I don't recall anything on the entrance sign about the ACOE.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I took this yesterday. It's at the Indiana State Museum in downtown Indy. On the entrance into the museum from the level 2 parking garage, I didn't check any others. I verified that the individuals working there are state employees and to the best of my knowledge that's a state owned facility. I've got the contact information for the operations manager, I'm planning to write a note to him.

ismnga.jpg

My apologies for the blur, the bottom line of text says "State of Indiana" then it shows the state seal.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites DO CURRENTLY have a policy against carrying on their "properties". This is in the State Administrative Code, and not covered by "preemption", as they are STATE offices, not local government.

BTW: here is the list of State Historic Sites:
    Explore

They ALL have this same policy.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Funny how places say they don't have the money to replace or change signs with the "no guns allowed" on them, yet they have the money to waste on other crap .

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, yeah, but that's not the point.

Governments always manage to find the money to do what they want to do. They cry poor when they don't want to do something.

I went to the court that Guy Relford argued against the city of Hammond about their "no guns" signs.
    I thought he won.
    Then came the judges decision that, as long as they don't enforce it... and people should know the law, no matter the sign.

I was stunned.

And yes, I agree, they have the money, when they want.

Top Bottom