• ...and so much more!
  • woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    OP,
    Something is wrong, depending on where you live you should be able to pick up something?

When you scan, did you select "Antenna" and not "Cable"?

Is the cable good and a home run?
    Are there any splitters inline?

As mentioned before, plug your info into antenna web dot org and make sure your antenna is pointed in the right direction.
    Or, try a cheap indoor one.

Disclaimer:
    I take care of two TV transmitters in the southern end of the state.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I have done quite a bit of research on Over The Air antenna reception and still don't know why some things work. I have three antennas in three different locations; home, on the motor home and another at our river lot camp site. These are three different antennas with one thing in common, a signal amplifier.
    the MH antenna is a stock item, amplified Winegard with a Wingman UHF add on. At our campground it gets about seven channels consistently and late night/early morning 30 or so. I should have said our campground is less than a mile from our home and this is a pretty dead area for reception. It is also weird that reception varies so much at night. Now the first of October I had the MH parked in Atlanta, IN and that antenna would pick up 81 channels.
    The other antenna at the camp site is a RCA Yaqui, cheap from Amazon and it gets about the same amount of channels as the MH. I put a Channelmaster Pro on at home and went from 11 channels to 20 with the extra nine not consistent.
    I do like the Channelmaster antenna and have their signal amplifier on at home and river lot. Look up Channelmaster and send them your location and they will recommend an antenna, they also told me not to.expect too much in my area so honest about it. I will recommend Channelmaster products because I am using them but that is my only connection to the company.
    I do have a "Lava" converter box I use for one of the older TV's and it is a good deal for that. I also found Lave antennas to have good reviews but if you consider them contact the company about what you should get. I got one of their ommidirectional antennas then found it was not what I needed. I got it from "ANTENNA DEALS" out of Texas for their warranty and so I could return it if needed. That company has the worst service after the sale of any company I have ever dealt with. The directional antenna they make may be OK just never buy anything from "ANTENNA DEALS." Hope this helps and if I can answer any other questions let me know. Jim.

Top Bottom