• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Don’t have a link but just heard on the news they arrested the guy who dared to sit at pelosi’s desk.

Charged him with a whole bunch of crimes that probably combined carry a stiffer penalty than if he would have murdered someone

what a day for liberty

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    "Always win these fights" in what sense?
    I think their insistence on always doubling down--their inability to police their own party--is one of the great advantages that the Republican party has. Republicans do police their own party, and I think that is part of why the Republicans control almost 60% of the state legislatures in our country.

I don't think that abandoning integrity becomes a good idea just because the dems have done it...
    It got them the Presidency, the House, and now the Senate.

Oldgunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    GPS signal lost
    His over-the-top appeasement looks to me more like trying to inherit some sort of Trump coattails for future runs, likely against Pence.

That his constituents may vote to keep him is up to them. But, I think any national campaign is beyond his reach.

Since you mentioned Pence--I find it interesting that Pence chose what he saw as his duty over standing by his President in the same moment that Cruz chose the opposite position.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    "Always win these fights" in what sense?
    I think their insistence on always doubling down--their inability to police their own party--is one of the great advantages that the Republican party has. Republicans do police their own party, and I think that is part of why the Republicans control almost 60% of the state legislatures in our country.

I don't think that abandoning integrity becomes a good idea just because the dems have done it...
    I didn't say we should abandone integrity, which is why I said Rs act in such a manner even when they're right. It's why they're often accused of being spineless by their own base. Do you really not know this?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Don’t have a link but just heard on the news they arrested the guy who dared to sit at pelosi’s desk.

Charged him with a whole bunch of crimes that probably combined carry a stiffer penalty than if he would have murdered someone

what a day for liberty
    That was like contempt of cop to the tenth power to violate her chair lol. They should have just went and burned a city down like a good mostly peaceful protester where you don't have to worry about prosecutors doing anything about it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That was like contempt of cop to the tenth power to violate her chair lol. They should have just went and burned a city down like a good mostly peaceful protester where you don't have to worry about prosecutors doing anything about it.

With the double standard that exists, they would always have been prosecuted as harshly as possible, regardless.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It’s being reported on 4chan that chase is cutting off people’s bank accounts that showed activity in DC on the day of the rally.

Very dangerous precedent

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What did they accomplish? Other than one veteran who would have been a valuable asset in the coming conflict getting herself killed with a bunch of goddamed larpers and Q-Anon freaks?
    So, what did Welch and Taylor accomplish when they took off from Haleiwa? After all, they only shot down 6 Japanese planes

Your head can tell you how and where to fight, but your heart has to tell you whether to fight or not
    On your feet or on your knees

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So, what did Welch and Taylor accomplish when they took off from Haleiwa? After all, they only shot down 6 Japanese planes
    Unless Welch and Taylor shot down no planes, and actually helped guide them to the target, your comparison is irrelevant.
    Your head can tell you how and where to fight, but your heart has to tell you whether to fight or not
    On your feet or on your knees
    Kneeling is a more stable firing platform than standing, FWIW.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I took it that the discussion has shifted slightly to the aftermath of the event, and that gets pretty complex with lots of rabbit holes.
    It has, but they all end up in the same place. And we have to monitor these the most. So if they all end up in the same place discussion wise, why not consolidate it in the one thread that’s about that :dunno:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh so now the chick that got smoked breaking into the Capitol while Congress was voting on certifying the election has reached the martyr status, akin to a woman shot while standing behind a door on her own property. Yeah, I see the similarities.
    See, that's the disconnect. According to you, a woman who was part of an unarmed group petitioning for redress but breaking the law while doing it deserved to be shot. But a woman who knowingly drove her dealer boyfriend at the time to his drug houses, held money for him and allowed him to ship packages to her address; who was shot when her new boyfriend fired upon police as they served a legal warrant, is a martyr

Predictable but no less disappointing. I assume Vicki Weaver, the Branch Davidians and LaVoy Finicum also got what they 'deserved'?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I kinda think the Republican Party is pretty ****ed right now. It WAS Trump's party for the most part. The Establishment was split, some supported Trump pragmatically, the likes of Mitch McConnell, for example. Some openly did not support him, Mitt Romney, for example. And then there were the bonafide Trumper card carrying Republicans. I think the latter fizzled as a result of the DC violence, and that's kinda too bad. I didn't like "populism" per se at first. But it presented some favorable things for individualism and personal liberty. I wanted the Republican party to adopt a more populist platform, meaning that Republicans unite around a more populist mindset. But now, the populists won't find any common ground with the Establishment. The NeverTrumpers and the pragmatic Trumperrs have seemingly got a hotel room to go have makeup sex. The populists are out. And I'm not sure Republicans can win on their own. It takes a lot to get people out to vote to support things they can't stand.

https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/07/georgia-confirms-the-pre-trump-gop-is-dead-and-gone/
    Trump didn’t sabotage his party, but his victory in 2016 did signal the end of the GOP as we knew it—not because Trump was going to kill the Republican Party (as I suspected might happen when he won the party’s nomination) but because his election meant the electorate had already changed, and profoundly.

Republican voters, along with millions of Independents and moderate Democrats, were fed up with an entrenched establishment beholden to a donor class whose interests conflicted with those of ordinary people. The chasm between these two groups was (and still is) especially obvious on issues like immigration, free trade, and foreign policy. For too long, Republican leaders paid lip service to what voters want—a secure border, protections for American workers, an end to foreign wars—while doing what the donors wanted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom