• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So smearing **** on walls and smashing doors, steal computers, is "petitioning for redress?"

Is there anything Trump or a person in a MAGA hat can do that you wouldn't defend?
    How do we know when Jerry **** his pants on camera that isn’t where the **** on the walls came from?

Poop fraud. Will the left not go to any lengths to blame their **** on the right?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

That's a very interesting video. I hope more information about it comes out.

It doesn't appear to show who opened the door - and some of the people milling around make it look like it was opened from the inside. At least, this incident seems to have happened after at least some MAGA people were already inside.

The cops certainly don't try to stop anyone - and its doubtful the 4 or 5 of them there could have, even if they tried.

But, as in most things, it isn't as simple as either side wants people to think.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The public not liking the dems much more gave the Republicans a great opportunity to gain overall popularity. Now they’re damaged goods. The “patriots” really screwed the pooch on this one.
    Sorry, but a cursory reading of this (and it is just two sentences, so really can't do a more in depth reading) leads me to classify it as 'lie back and enjoy it'

I cannot see the value of gaining overall popularity when the voting system is massively corrupted and the divisions within the Republican party are so distinct. Would we use that enhanced popularity to protest Democrat overreach? I'm told that didn't go so well Wednesday. Would we use it to elect more Republicans in deep red states? What good will that do our current situation?
    Could we use it to elect more Republicans in blue states? I think the loss of the Orange Co seats in Cali give the lie to that. Could we use it to demand fairness on twitter or Youtube or Facebook or from the MSM? I think we can safely conclude at this point that is unlikely

So what is the point of preserving something whose recent high water mark has proven useless against election fraud. Popularity can only generate meaningful change through fair and transparent elections. We have no way to guarantee fair and transparent elections if we don't demand them now while people are still motivated and engaged. 'Lie back and enjoy it' is designed to break the spirit of rebellion, at least for now. What if Mao was right about where change must come from

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Need more arrests...

Good luck with that
    he boasts that he took a personalized envelope, but insisted he didn't steal it.
    He said he left a quarter. By Maritime Law, that means it's his.

Oh, wait, that flag has no fringes so Maritime Law doesn't count.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Nope, just common sense. It’s common sense that this protest isn’t going to change any of the goals the Democrats seek.
    I just want to go on record that I don't believe in common sense.

Now I find I feel like I have met my obligations of equal time

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    And this is why Dems nearly always win these fights. They close ranks and double down, even when they're wrong. Republicans are always afraid of what might happen or how their actions might be perceived even when they're right, and hurriedly look for sacrificial lambs in a futile attempt to placate the crowd satisfied with nothing less than their absolute destruction. I'm not sure when they will learn this lesson. At least Trump tried to show them.
    Might as well make it close to home though just look at INGO We can't close ranks Because we can't accept much diversity within them

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    See, that's the disconnect. According to you, a woman who was part of an unarmed group petitioning for redress but breaking the law while doing it deserved to be shot. But a woman who knowingly drove her dealer boyfriend at the time to his drug houses, held money for him and allowed him to ship packages to her address; who was shot when her new boyfriend fired upon police as they served a legal warrant, is a martyr

Predictable but no less disappointing. I assume Vicki Weaver, the Branch Davidians and LaVoy Finicum also got what they 'deserved'?
    There is a big difference between deserve And being responsible for One's own actions and the consequences .

Please direct me to where Kut said She deserved it .

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Unless Welch and Taylor shot down no planes, and actually helped guide them to the target, your comparison is irrelevant.

Kneeling is a more stable firing platform than standing, FWIW.
    It also makes it easier for the guy standing behind you when he shoots. He doesn't have to strain (you can see that I'm incorrigible in that I assumed the gender of the executioner)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The 'public' was does that mean? This will have no effect, democrats are still going to support democrats and Republicans support Republicans, nothing got screwed. It's not like this is going to cause a Republican to turn democrat, or we'd have seen democrats move over after the year long nonsense from BLM and Antifa. It gave the democrats and the media more to exploit but that's nothing new.
    That actually happened. Have you never heard of the walk-away movement? I suspect they're running back after this ****.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here's a screenshot of that video, to save others from wasting their time watching it:

nonsense.png
    Too late. I clicked it. Rolled my eyes. And closed it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And this is why Dems nearly always win these fights. They close ranks and double down, even when they're wrong. Republicans are always afraid of what might happen or how their actions might be perceived even when they're right, and hurriedly look for sacrificial lambs in a futile attempt to placate the crowd satisfied with nothing less than their absolute destruction. I'm not sure when they will learn this lesson. At least Trump tried to show them.

Is it too much to ask for principled people who can admit when they're wrong and make corrections? I don't want to support politicians who close ranks and double down even when they're wrong. If they're wrong. Fix it. The problem I see with many Trumpers, they complain about how Democrats operate, and then want to operate like the Democrats do. They condemned all the violence through the summer, and then justified it when it was "muh patriots". :rolleyes:

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    The one video that I saw that I thought was odd was when they came through the door to the stairs to lead up the the next floor. One guard that has someone filming from behind him and then as the group reaches the stairs the guard runs up one set of them and a photographer ran from the group and was pictures. Might be nothing but coincidence seems strange for something not planned to have people just happen to be there to take photos/video.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't really have a problem with Ted Cruz other than he is sometimes more pragmatic than principled.
    He lost me long ago over the govt shutdown shenanigans. Funny - he never seemed to care about the deficit over the last four years.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I voted for Ted Cruz in the 2016 primaries, so I wasn't saying this lightly. I feel that Ted Cruz tried to have his cake and eat it too. I think he went along with Trump's call to oppose the election certification just as an effort to appease Trump's supporters, when he knew that it was 'never going to be the solution for election integrity and wasn't constitutional' (paraphrasing Dan Crenshaw).
    He almost lost to a millenniel soy boy in Texas. TEXAS! Trumpers are ruthless. You don't support their guy, you're pretty much a traitor to the nation. I guess I don't blame him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Time for a centrist party in America? :dunno:
    I don't like centrists either. Might as well call it the "Milquetoast" party. Sounds like a party of McCains. A moderate party, sure. Centrists? Nah. The distinction is, centrists try to find the middle. Moderates try to find reasonable. Some of Trump's policies were reasonable, for example. Many centrists policies are not. At least that's how I look at the two and the differences between. Centrist isn't a synonym of Moderate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom