• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Do you have no friends who disagree with you politically?
    Not the same. If my job was to disagree with those friends and argue with them about our differences in beliefs then no I wouldn’t hang out with them.

this whole circus reminds me of the WWE, all predecided with chosen villains, heros and storylines. And we are all over here like a bunch of morons thinking we have any say in what happens next.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've been saying that since 2008. People will agree with you until it becomes election time. Then only the 3rd parties are democrats because a 3rd party vote is a vote for the democrats. You've been around an election cycle or two here. Wouldn't you agree with that?
    I feel conflicted about 3rd parties. On one hand yes they typically take R votes. However when a 3rd party platform starts to gain momentum like legalized weed or universal basic income it forces the donkey and elephant in the room to change their positions and acknowledge what the people want.

now I know I’m gonna get attacked over the UBI part but if you think that there isn’t a wealth gap being created by machines and tech advances I challenge you to go compare wage growth vs the SP500 for the last decade.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I feel conflicted about 3rd parties. On one hand yes they typically take R votes. However when a 3rd party platform starts to gain momentum like legalized weed or universal basic income it forces the donkey and elephant in the room to change their positions and acknowledge what the people want.

now I know I’m gonna get attacked over the UBI part but if you think that there isn’t a wealth gap being created by machines and tech advances I challenge you to go compare wage growth vs the SP500 for the last decade.
    HFT drives that gap and has been for quite some time.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    HFT drives that gap and has been for quite some time.
    HFT isn’t the boogey man. The fed is driving asset inflation right now. It’s better to learn how to trade and join in making money than it is to sit on the sidelines and complain.

anyone can learn. TD ameritrade offers hundreds of hours of learning material, group Q and. A sessions with pro traders and a paper account to get started learning with fake money.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Some will see this as a RINO purge. Some will see it as another state heading towards being blue by big cities. I think its evidence of the injuries to the Republican party due to Trump and his followers.
    Hardly, if that was the case we would have seen a lot of democrats change to Republicans over the last year over their own riots.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Not the same. If my job was to disagree with those friends and argue with them about our differences in beliefs then no I wouldn’t hang out with them.
    I don't believe that there job is to disagree and argue.

Their job is to represent their constituents in the legisture. Their job is, despite their disagreements and differences, to figure out a way to work together.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    They couldn't find a carpeted room for them to sleep in? How inconsiderate to the pawns they are using to guard Queen Nancy.
    No kidding, I’ve had some pretty rough conditions but sleeping on marble floor take the cake and certainly helps cement the disparity between the rulers and the ruled. Surely there are hotels in town that are empty bc of the security threat?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    No kidding, I’ve had some pretty rough conditions but sleeping on marble floor take the cake and certainly helps cement the disparity between the rulers and the ruled. Surely there are hotels in town that are empty bc of the security threat?
    I think to most politicians the police and military are just cannon fodder anyway, if any get killed they can just make more.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    They now installed metal detectors at the entrances of the House chamber.

Every congress person has to get screened.
    They want to make sure they won't bring a gun that they might keep in their office.

Washington, January 13: Metal detectors have been installed at entrances to the US House for the first time in response to last week’s attack on the Capitol.

house-republicans-protest-metal-detector.jpg

5FLZIBIBBZEJFEFIVPX57X6YL4.jpg

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    They now installed metal detectors at the entrances of the House chamber.

Every congress person has to get screened.
    They want to make sure they won't bring a gun that they might keep in their office.

house-republicans-protest-metal-detector.jpg

5FLZIBIBBZEJFEFIVPX57X6YL4.jpg

This is so backwards. You would think they would be trying to add themselves to LEOSA, not take away their own ability to have a weapon

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom