• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Not excusing throwing a fire extinguisher at the officers, but with the helmets they were wearing does it stand to reason that is what caused his death? Don't know much about the equipment.
    From the video it does not look like the officer had a helmet for whatever reason. Different group of officers with different equipment issued? Came off during a scuffle with mob? Not secured?

A helmet is not a preventative for all blunt force drama, it depends on what purpose was designed for.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    1) The PBS general counsel is not a "high ranking" anything, let alone Democrat. Well, he's a Democrat likely, but not a high ranking one.

B) Does the Trump attorney who said Pence should hang for treason come close enough or no? That's just one example that came to mind.
    Threatening to take my kids vs threatening to hang a politician for treason. 1 is a common statement, that used to be common practice. The other is what nazi Germany and communist Russia did. Big difference.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Threatening to take my kids vs threatening to hang a politician for treason. 1 is a common statement, that used to be common practice. The other is what nazi Germany and communist Russia did. Big difference.
    While I'll not vouch for any particular INGOer's status within the Trump (let alone GOP) hierarchy, what would you make of all the posts labelling "Democrats" (as a blanket entity) as treasonous communists?

What happens to people who are traitors? Does that rhetoric not draw a straight line between being a Democrat and being put to death?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    From the video it does not look like the officer had a helmet for whatever reason. Different group of officers with different equipment issued? Came off during a scuffle with mob? Not secured?

A helmet is not a preventative for all blunt force drama, it depends on what purpose was designed for.
    I assumed it was some sort of riot helmet which I would also assume would be designed to protect from blows to the head. From the slowmo video you can see it first hit the back right side of the officers helmet.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    While I'll not vouch for any particular INGOer's status within the Trump (let alone GOP) hierarchy, what would you make of all the posts labelling "Democrats" (as a blanket entity) as treasonous communists?

What happens to people who are traitors? Does that rhetoric not draw a straight line between being a Democrat and being put to death?

As long as they value the bill of rights as written, and don't try to step around it or play mental gymnastics with it, and vote accordingly, then no I don't see them as a treasonous communist. There's economic reasons for not liking the republican party as I share those issues against the republicans.

But the point you go from a disagreement over economic policy to attempting to take away god given rights like the ability to go buy any gun you want as freely as if you were voting, then you've stepped off the deep end into deserving the death penalty.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

I haven’t seen anybody advocate for putting democrats to death? I think calling them treasonous commies is, well, rather accurate at times...

when they advocate for re-education camps they’re acting like commies. So we call them commies.

when they advocate for stripping away the 2nd amendment, and shut down free speech, they’re being treasonous. So we call them treasonous.

Just because you call somebody a treasonous commie doesn’t mean you’re advocating for their death. I’m haven’t seen those words used at all... here anyways, or from my right wing politicians. I have, however, seen democrat politicians call for lists, re-education camps, and taking my children because of my political beliefs.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, HS87... I think there was some simultaneous posting going on. ;)

I'd have to do some internet digging into Trump's tweets, because my thought is that he's at least come close to that - especially during the (really stupid) impeachment.

Well, first impeachment. ;)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So, HS87... I think there was some simultaneous posting going on. ;)

I'd have to do some internet digging into Trump's tweets, because my thought is that he's at least come close to that - especially during the (really stupid) impeachment.

Well, first impeachment. ;)
    Close to? Calling for the death of democrats? I would like to see that actually. (The tweet, not the death of democrats) :)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    BTW, since it may be clouded by where the conversation has gone, the PBS dude deserves all negative consequences that come his way - both for holding such an extreme position and for articulating it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    BTW2, much like I'm against whitewashing history by taking down statuary, Trump's digital pamphleteering should be maintained for all to see. IMHO.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    capital police being suspended for allowing protesters to take selfies with them.

How long until the LEO crowd finally figures out that our rulers view them as disposable pawns?

Did any cops get punished for kneeling with or being photographed with blm protesters/rioters? There were plenty of those.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    BTW2, much like I'm against whitewashing history by taking down statuary, Trump's digital pamphleteering should be maintained for all to see. IMHO.
    All these people who whined for years about Trump tweeting are now desperate for their fix in his absence.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    All these people who whined for years about Trump tweeting are now desperate for their fix in his absence.
    Oh, wait, lest I be included in that group, I have no interest in the content. Rather, the content should be available as a reminder of what a horrible human being he is.

Having them taken down allows them to recede from our collective memory.

I'm glad to not have to hear about his tweets, even if I disagree with how it was accomplished.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom