Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No it won't, primarily because the motherfuckers have very reasonable disbelief that no one will burn or hang them. Conservatives just don't have an effective mob. Unfortunately I see this growing legs to the point of the likes of the KKK returning to where they were a century ago.
    Mob justice. Is that what we’re pining for? Competing mobs? As an individualist I want to destroy the mob, not become it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Mob justice. Is that what we’re pining for? Competing mobs? As an individualist I want to destroy the mob, not become it.
    My point exactly. If we don't get this under control, we will have competing mobs whether we like it or not.

And yes, my goal is to be left the hell alone and not put in a situation where that isn't tenable.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No it won't, primarily because the mother*****rs have very reasonable disbelief that no one will burn or hang them. Conservatives just don't have an effective mob. Unfortunately I see this growing legs to the point of the likes of the KKK returning to where they were a century ago.
    Ya know, you just gave away the game. Lol.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How did I give away any game by expressing my fears about the most likely outcome of alliwing mob rule?
    Well, you kinda put the Klan on the extreme-right spectrum (where it belongs). That's typically not done here. The Klan has mostly viewed, here, as having an attachment to modern liberals; since it was founded by Democrats after the CW. I just found it interesting you made that connection.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sure, robbed a convenience store, attacked beat and tried to disarm the responding officer. Shot right between the eyes. Now show me where mrs babbet was a threat to anyone? Not the same not even close but whatever.
    That's not the litmus test you offered. Would you like to modify your original statement?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You’re barking up the wrong game. I think he’s saying that the radical excesses from the left are creating a more radicalized right, which includes more participation in hate groups. And that’s true.

The Media’s constant portrayal of the right as racists has had the effect if making a huge chunk of the country believe an exaggerated view of the nation as mostly racist, and that has at least in part caused more people on the left to become radicalized. Of course as that happens, the reactive tendency is for society to become entrenched and divided.

I think giving cover of “sides” perpetuates it. It’s time for people to quit playing silly tit-for-tat games on the internet. Maybe you could help.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You obviously never worked in a prison, otherwise you would understand the implications of being effectively forced to join a gang whose values may differ greatly with your own out of necessity because you cannot individually defend yourself from other gangs who would do you harm for arbitrary reasons including but not limited to race.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sure, robbed a convenience store, attacked beat and tried to disarm the responding officer. Shot right between the eyes. Now show me where mrs babbet was a threat to anyone? Not the same not even close but whatever you do you.
    If the circumstances were that BLM broke into the Capitol and one of them were shot by Capitol police, exact situation other than the group doing it. Murder? Really?

The officer I think was premature, but it was a justifiable shoot under those circumstances. It’s fair if the officer is disciplined. Murder? Hardly.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That video is really irrelevant anyhow. His identity is not in question. His identity is known exactly - probably by every single person on the other side of that set of doors and possibly by the police on this side of the doors. They are just hesitant to let America know his identity because - reasons.

Now ask yourself - what are those reasons?
    NPR had a story about Capitol Police being notoriously silent on things. (And it's a HUGE organization)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well, you kinda put the Klan on the extreme-right spectrum (where it belongs). That's typically not done here. The Klan has mostly viewed, here, as having an attachment to modern liberals; since it was founded by Democrats after the CW. I just found it interesting you made that connection.
    You have to account for the fact that the measure of a conservative is what he means to conserve. I, for one, wish to conserve the constitutional republic. There are people who wish to conserve Jim Crow (or worse). That doesnt make that the goal of conservatives in general.

It is pretty clear that the left has a strong element that wants thd same thing only with the colors reversed. Your attempt to go down a rabbit trail notwithstanding, I do not want to see a situation in which I have to choose between joining a white racist gang to protect me from the black racist gang or else get pulverized.

Revisiting your previous point. Yes, the KKK is "conservative" in terms of seeking to conserve a time in which a black man could be personal property. Your argument misrepresents a connection with conservatives whose goals are built around conserving values and conditions not pertaining to race of the institution of slavery.

I would slso remind you that the abolition of slavery and the Civil rights era legislation were brought to you by Republicans.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom