• Status
    Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    So then all cops who’ve killed people meant to kill them. Also, all cops who’ve killed people in the line of duty are murderers.

Wow! You are the only one that said that, I sure didn't.
    You must believe in generalization a whole lot more than I do.

I said...
    Most people live through getting shot by a handgun, but here we have a one shot kill from just a few feet away so it would be really easy for the killer to hit exactly where he wanted. It would seem that shot was meant to kill.
    The officer was very close to a stationary target. I am making a small jump to assume he was a good enough shot that he could hit what he wanted to hit at that short range. He did make a one shot kill, we know that. That does NOT say murder like you did. I prefer to look at the facts of each shooting individually and NOT lump them all together like you did.

You are free to think whatever you want but I completely disagree with what you claim I am saying.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I was referring to the reasons they are trying to hide his identity. Why is that? They have to know it will come out - and in fact already has.
    Same reasons they never officially identified Eric Ciaramella, they have something to hide about the events he was involved in

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So then all cops who’ve killed people meant to kill them. Also, all cops who’ve killed people in the line of duty are murderers.
    Hyperbole. Ashli wasn't running at him, forcing him to hastily line up his shot. She was climbing through a small opening. She would have presented a perfect target to place the shot wherever he wanted to, and apparently he wanted that shot to be lethal

Just like any other cop who kills someone in the line of duty, modern day methods indicate his background should be combed for biases either conscious or unconscious and his every social media post since the tenth grade should be micrometrically examined

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You have to account for the fact that the measure of a conservative is what he means to conserve. I, for one, wish to conserve the constitutional republic. There are people who wish to conserve Jim Crow (or worse). That doesnt make that the goal of conservatives in general.

It is pretty clear that the left has a strong element that wants thd same thing only with the colors reversed. Your attempt to go down a rabbit trail notwithstanding, I do not want to see a situation in which I have to choose between joining a white racist gang to protect me from the black racist gang or else get pulverized.

Revisiting your previous point. Yes, the KKK is "conservative" in terms of seeking to conserve a time in which a black man could be personal property. Your argument misrepresents a connection with conservatives whose goals are built around conserving values and conditions not pertaining to race of the institution of slavery.

I would slso remind you that the abolition of slavery and the Civil rights era legislation were brought to you by Republicans.
    No, I just was surprised that you made the appropriate connection compared to others. Antifa is an extreme left group. No one denies that. In many instances, when people talk about the Klan, here, they try and make it seem it's also extreme left because it was founded by Democrats.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Mob justice. Is that what we’re pining for? Competing mobs? As an individualist I want to destroy the mob, not become it.
    Can you destroy the mob without facing it down with a force as great or greater - in effect, your own mob. Will this behavior stop without enough force to engender believable, undesirable consequences?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hyperbole. Ashli wasn't running at him, forcing him to hastily line up his shot. She was climbing through a small opening. She would have presented a perfect target to place the shot wherever he wanted to, and apparently he wanted that shot to be lethal

Just like any other cop who kills someone in the line of duty, modern day methods indicate his background should be combed for biases either conscious or unconscious and his every social media post since the tenth grade should be micrometrical examined
    Center mass is always a good "go to," but from my understanding, she was shot in the neck. If making those shots were so easy, why not just shoot her in the head?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No, I just was surprised that you made the appropriate connection compared to others. Antifa is an extreme left group. No one denies that. In many instances, when people talk about the Klan, here, they try and make it seem it's also extreme left because it was founded by Democrats.
    Haven't you just 'given up the game' by acknowledging that Democrats are in fact synonymous with the extreme left?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Can you destroy the mob without facing it down with a force as great or greater - in effect, your own mob. Will this behavior stop without enough force to engender believable, undesirable consequences?
    That is one of the functions government was invented to perform.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Center mass is always a good "go to," but from my understanding, she was shot in the neck. If making those shots were so easy, why not just shoot her in the head?
    Who is to say that was not his intent. He was a long way from center of mass shooting from a very close range at a target with a very low speed of motion, and that directly toward him

Whether the shot was intended or he was a panicked and incompetent shooter, neither one is a good look

maxresdefault.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Me reading this thread today:
    giphy.gif

The possibility of anyone changing their mind on this is asymptotically approaching zero. You'd need a microscope to find the space between.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You have to account for the fact that the measure of a conservative is what he means to conserve. I, for one, wish to conserve the constitutional republic. There are people who wish to conserve Jim Crow (or worse). That doesnt make that the goal of conservatives in general.

It is pretty clear that the left has a strong element that wants thd same thing only with the colors reversed. Your attempt to go down a rabbit trail notwithstanding, I do not want to see a situation in which I have to choose between joining a white racist gang to protect me from the black racist gang or else get pulverized.

Revisiting your previous point. Yes, the KKK is "conservative" in terms of seeking to conserve a time in which a black man could be personal property. Your argument misrepresents a connection with conservatives whose goals are built around conserving values and conditions not pertaining to race of the institution of slavery.

I would slso remind you that the abolition of slavery and the Civil rights era legislation were brought to you by Republicans.
    I think a point to make about that is that is that it goes both ways and in both cases it does increase the ranks of some of those radical groups. Looking at the left, as they become more radicalized in reaction to the their perception of the Right, not everyone's radicalization means they're going to become communists. But some will.

The same dynamic is true on the right. People attuned towards pushing conservative policies can become more radicalized in reaction to their perception of the Left's radicalization. That doesn't mean they'll all join White Nationalist groups. But some will.

Romero Zombie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Greenwood
    I’ve always said “Not all Republicans are racists, but all KKK members are Republicans”. It’s a generalization but for the most part true.
    I also remember hearing the Democrats of the 1800s were equivalent to Republicans today and vice versa. The Uni-Party has to keep you guessing.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I’ve always said “Not all Republicans are racists, but all KKK members are Republicans”. It’s a generalization but for the most part true.
    I also remember hearing the Democrats of the 1800s were equivalent to Republicans today and vice versa. The Uni-Party has to keep you guessing.
    Might want to study up on history, my friend.

This sort of wrong thought is what the dems are trying to make standard in our children's schools.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wow! You are the only one that said that, I sure didn't.
    You must believe in generalization a whole lot more than I do.

I said...
    Most people live through getting shot by a handgun, but here we have a one shot kill from just a few feet away so it would be really easy for the killer to hit exactly where he wanted. It would seem that shot was meant to kill.
    I don't think I carried your words to a logical extreme. Many of you guys have used the word "murder" to describe it. I think given that context it's not a great stretch, if I'm applying it to the general consensus of the group.
    The officer was very close to a stationary target. I am making a small jump to assume he was a good enough shot that he could hit what he wanted to hit at that short range. He did make a one shot kill, we know that. That does NOT say murder like you did. I prefer to look at the facts of each shooting individually and NOT lump them all together like you did.

You are free to think whatever you want but I completely disagree with what you claim I am saying.
    That's fair. If you're not one of those classifying this as murder, then I'm wrong about your position.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Just like any other cop who kills someone in the line of duty, modern day methods indicate his background should be combed for biases either conscious or unconscious and his every social media post since the tenth grade should be micrometrically examined
    She was in a mob trying to break into the room. There's a reasonable use of deadly force there. The rest is just partisan stuff.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    She was in a mob trying to break into the room. There's a reasonable use of deadly force there. The rest is just partisan stuff.
    The problem is that your position turns on three separate definitions of "reasonable". First, is your personal definition, which would probably be very similar to mine all things bring equal. Besides this, we have the emerging societal definitions of "reasonable" for group A and "reasonable" for group B. At this point, my personal "reasonable" breaks down to the idea that if we aren't going to have uniform consistent standards, then let's have an equal lack of standards for everyone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom