• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So if Antifa only did what the Capitol rioters did, you’d be defending them as vigorously as you guys defend what the “Patriots” did?

I've said it repeatedly, if antifa and BLM want to go after the politicians and the buildings of those politicians, have at it. I'll enjoy some popcorn while watching the mob go after its creator.

When they go after the innocent bystanders, that's what makes my blood boil.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What was burned down in the capitol protest?
    Oh. So that’s the standard? If they’d have set fire you’d really be like, oh those guys were totally wrong. Yeah. Thugs burning **** down.

Really? I suspect you’d feel just as much kinship as you do now. “They’re Patriots!”
    :rolleyes:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, should we believe you when you (endlessly) tell us how diligent you are at examining all sides of every issue to spot the truth?

Or are you just a triangulator with better camouflage? Are you not just as biased toward concluding that what you want to believe hast recht as the next guy?

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So if Antifa only did what the Capitol rioters did, you’d be defending them as vigorously as you guys defend what the “Patriots” did?
    No, not I'm not going along with nailing them to the wall with extreme prejudice after a year of routinely turning a blind eye to significantly worse on a regular basis.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Why didn't they shoot and kill somebody? There must have been a woman there.

It says:
    In Portland and around the U.S., people wonder, why are the protests still happening here?

This is why - during the first protest in Portland that day they only arrested one guy. He was promptly released and joined the second demonstration and was arrested again. During all of this, he was the ONLY PERSON ARRESTED.
    Everybody else is free to riot more tomorrow.
    "In Portland and around the U.S., people wonder, why are the protests still happening here?"

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, should we believe you when you (endlessly) tell us how diligent you are at examining all sides of every issue to spot the truth?

Or are you just a triangulator with better camouflage? Are you not just as biased toward concluding that what what believe hast recht as the next guy?
    What have I said that is objectively untrue? I have biases too. I wanted to believe that Antifa egged on the crowd. Evidence suggests that wasn’t the case. I’d rather that the right wasn’t involved in all that. But they were. And it was utterly stupid. That last part is an opinion.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    What have I said that is objectively untrue? I have biases too. I wanted to believe that Antifa egged on the crowd. Evidence suggests that wasn’t the case. I’d rather that the right wasn’t involved in all that. But they were. And it was utterly stupid. That last part is an opinion.

What I find irritating is the discrepancy between all the hundreds of destructive leftist riots that went on across the country and then one riot that went on at the Capitol building.
    The left has been protecting the leftist rioters by various means like disabling the police, refusing to make charges and releasing the criminals. They used their powerful propaganda machine that used to be known as main-stream media to whitewash their riots by repeatedly calling them "mostly peaceful".
    Then an abrupt about-face for the much less destructive Capitol riots. They are doing everything possible through any means possible including their powerful propaganda machine to make it seem just as horrible as possible and push for any punishment possible.
    All of the above has been stated before and is simple and obvious to all but blind sheep.

And lately some of your posts are sounding somewhat like the leftist media by condemning the Capitol rioters seemingly more than the thousands of leftist rioters and justifying shooting and killing one of them.
    It doesn't surprise me that you get a little push-back for that.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I am pretty sure that the Capitol riot was the result of internet trolls manipulating a bunch of attention seeking hipsters and non net savy boomers into almost getting massacred. I figure the whole Qanon thing is 3/4 trolls, 1/8 cointelpro and 1/8 true believers/loonies.

4chan would incite a civil war just for the lullz.

These cats think it is hillarious that grandpa got an IPhone and they are royally screwing with him.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I am pretty sure that the Capitol riot was the result of internet trolls manipulating a bunch of attention seeking hipsters and non net savy boomers into almost getting massacred. I figure the whole Qanon thing is 3/4 trolls, 1/8 cointelpro and 1/8 true believers/loonies.

These cats think it is hillarious that grandpa got an IPhone and they are royally screwing with him.

Qanon stopped posting december 8th, and I don't see a single post about any potential protests. https://qanon.pub/

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What I find irritating is the discrepancy between all the hundreds of destructive leftist riots that went on across the country and then one riot that went on at the Capitol building.
    The left has been protecting the leftist rioters by various means like disabling the police, refusing to make charges and releasing the criminals. They used their powerful propaganda machine that used to be known as main-stream media to whitewash their riots by repeatedly calling them "mostly peaceful".
    Then an abrupt about-face for the much less destructive Capitol riots. They are doing everything possible through any means possible including their powerful propaganda machine to make it seem just as horrible as possible and push for any punishment possible.
    All of the above has been stated before and is simple and obvious to all but blind sheep.

And lately some of your posts are sounding somewhat like the leftist media by condemning the Capitol rioters seemingly more than the thousands of leftist rioters and justifying shooting and killing one of them.
    It doesn't surprise me that you get a little push-back for that.
    People have short memories I guess. I’ve been a vocal critic of BLM and Antifa since before Trump took office. I was as active as anyone in the threads about the riots all through the summer of violence.

Two things can be true at the same time. All the stuff you said about the BLM/Antifa I agree with. Criticizing the fools who stormed the Capitol takes nothing away from that, unless it’s more about the team than reality. It’s okay to bash the other team because they’re “them”. Criticize “our” team and you’re one of them.

But those people deserve criticism. What they did was foolish. And of course, to be fair, some deserve it more than others. Most of the people were likely caught up in it all and didn’t do much more than take a tour. Even staying within the ropes. The the others, they deserve to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, just like the Rioters on the left deserve it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Yeah. I suspect the same kind of thing. It’s a shame seeing so many people become radicalized.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That does have merit and precedent, very possible.
    Reading about the behavior of the establishment R’s and D’s make me suspect they could have a hand in it. When you hear about a plan to storm the Capitol on that day, the sane thing to do is up the security. Now that it’s done they sure have a lot of political capital to punish any dissenters by associating them all with the right.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I just know that I have been online since you had to know command line ftp and my older siblings, who were never online, all got Facebook so they could see pictures of their grandkids.

After a few months they started calling me babbling about 30,000 sealed indictments and how the rfid tags in bras were "for human trafficking".

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I just know that I have been online since you had to know command line ftp and my older siblings, who were never online, all got Facebook so they could see pictures of their grandkids.

After a few months they started calling me babbling about 30,000 sealed indictments and how the rfid tags in bras were "for human trafficking".

Yep, it's all great misdirection, so that they can sell off the country to china and enjoy the highlife on their luxury yachts while we all fall deeper into the abyss.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom