• Status
    Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    It was not a protest anymore once they attacked police officers (killing one of them) to breach into the building.

If people try to break into our National Assembly (French equivalent of the House of Representatives) while they are in session, intruders can expect to be shot.

When people protest without breaking the law they don't get shot by the police.
    It's a simple concept.

How do you kill somebody by "natural causes"?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Is this supposed to make sense?
    Yeah, essentially the earth would tremble beneath your feet if you realized what you were saying isn't all that different from what people on the other side of the spectrum say. In fact it's exactly what they say.

You're upset that a loon, during a riot where over 140 police were injured, got smoked while she was trying to climb through a window in a secured area. A person actively engaged in a crime of violence is given their wings, and you're mad about it. You're "who did she harm," is just as ridiculous as when people on the other side say it. You don't have to harm anyone to justify deadly force. The "potential" has long been held to be reason enough. Then you use the other trope of the "don't give me that tripe about fear on the officer's part." It's like I'm listening to an echo.

The crazy thing is, is that this is ONE person who you think was unjustly killed. ONE. And you and others have these passionate views that have carried us 144 pages. I can't help but imagine where this would be if it happened nearly as often as the other side claims it happens.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nope. Checking to see who's calling the shots and who's the follower, or - in nuancese, where on the continuum from clear-eyed conservative to coat holder you see yourselves
    Oh. Is that all? I think I can help you with that ideological gunk in your eyes. First you stop with the “muh team” nonsense and start caring more about what’s real and true than what yer team says. The clearing follows naturally from there. You’ll notice that it’s working when you find yourself no longer defending fools like the Capitol rioters.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There are very few people, after childhood, that don't know what that means. Congratulations on your amazing lack of knowledge.
    This is why people are so reluctant to ever admit they're wrong, because if people make an admission, they are afraid that someone will attempt to embarrass, or belittle them for their mistake or lack or knowledge.

Sorry sir, I'm made of sterner stuff.

I was wrong in my application. I was thinking about situations where one says "he died of old age," which people no longer say. Today people do say natural causes, so you and specifically KLB's clarification is correct, and I was incorrect.
    See, not that hard bro. :dunno:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yeah, essentially the earth would tremble beneath your feet if you realized what you were saying isn't all that different from what people on the other side of the spectrum say. In fact it's exactly what they say.

You're upset that a loon, during a riot where over 140 police were injured, got smoked while she was trying to climb through a window in a secured area. A person actively engaged in a crime of violence is given their wings, and you're mad about it. You're "who did she harm," is just as ridiculous as when people on the other side say it. You don't have to harm anyone to justify deadly force. The "potential" has long been held to be reason enough. Then you use the other trope of the "don't give me that tripe about fear on the officer's part." It's like I'm listening to an echo.

The crazy thing is, is that this is ONE person who you think was unjustly killed. ONE. And you and others have these passionate views that have carried us 144 pages. I can't help but imagine where this would be if it happened nearly as often as the other side claims it happens.
    Your argument would have merit had we not spent a year allowing rioters to do physical and financial harm and cause billions of dollars worth of damage. Those in authority who directly or tacitly approved honest to God rioting and all of a sudden on 1/6 started shouting "Stop! Hold the phone a minute! Rules! Rules! Rules! " can go bugger themselves on fence posts. The Capitol Police answer to Nancy Pelosi. Up through 1/5 she gave no indication of having any problem with rioting in its pure form. Beyond this, we have a VP who actively aided rioters. Now, all of a sudden, deadly force is justified. That's political AF and completely unacceptable.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    What point are you trying to prove with that picture?

It was a legal protest, OUTSIDE a building.

Nobody got shot because nobody attacked police officers, nobody breached into the building, nobody tried to take lawmakers hostage.
    Nobody felt the need to draw a gun that day.

Nobody beating police officers with their national flag.

5edf7d6d98352_000_1d821p-4083153.jpg

The protesters are on the sidewalk, in front of the building, no trespassing occurred.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Nobody got shot because nobody attacked police officers, nobody breached into the building, nobody tried to take lawmakers hostage.

The protesters are on the sidewalk, in front of the building, no trespassing occurred.
    Where's their horned helmets and tacticool vests loaded with Skittles?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Better barriers?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Your argument would have merit had we not spent a year allowing rioters to do physical and financial harm and cause billions of dollars worth of damage. Those in authority who directly or tacitly approved honest to God rioting and all of a sudden on 1/6 started shouting "Stop! Hold the phone a minute! Rules! Rules! Rules! " can go bugger themselves on fence posts. The Capitol Police answer to Nancy Pelosi. Up through 1/5 she gave no indication of having any problem with rioting in its pure form. Beyond this, we have a VP who actively aided rioters. Now, all of a sudden, deadly force is justified. That's political AF and completely unacceptable.
    And while we're on the subject, IMO The Capitol is not a sacred place. Depending on one's point of view, it's a whorehouse or a sausage factory. Nothing pertaining to the country's founding took place there, it didn't even exist yet

Arlington is a sacred place, Gettysburg or Antietam are sacred places, Utah and Omaha beaches are sacred places. They were sanctified by the men who paid the ultimate price in defense of our country

The people that 'labor' in The Capitol might like to think they are cut from the same cloth, but no one else does

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Were lawmakers even in the building that day? If not why not, could it have something to do with the security put in place because of the protest? What if the building wasn't fenced off? What if the gendarmes - at least some of them - had opened the doors and let protestors in? Would they deserve to have been shot?

And I'm quite surprised at the things that did not happen January 6 that you apparently believe. Don't you get anything besides CNN over there?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Are you saying you believe that will reduce the forces radicalizing the other side? Because we got here with them radicalizing things all by themselves

Do you have some alternate history book wherein it shows appeasement ever works? Does bending knee to the mob stop the madness? What if your instincts are full of ****

Capt. David Dorn could not be reached for comment
    Well Christians took over the Roman Empire

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The difference in the atmosphere of this thread vs. any discussing BLM/AntiFa misadventures is noticeable. I can’t help but wonder if the election was being certified for Trump and AntiFa was breaking in whether opinions would be the same.

Last edited:

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    The difference in the atmosphere of this thread vs. any discussing BLM-AntiFa misadventures is noticeable. I can’t help but wonder if the election was being certified for Trump and AntiFa was breaking in whether opinions would be the same.
    My reaction would be the same. Violent rioters in ALL venues should expect a swift and overwhelming response in order to restore peace and order. My read on this is that proper response was lacking this summer, on 1/06, and all other riots in recent memory.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom