Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    BLM burned down large swaths of the country, turning most cities into no-go zones, killing countless people. There was no plan beyond to show up and act like an idiot.

What did they get? Memorials, policy changes, and basically their entire charter nearly solidified into law.

Tell me again how exactly you think this is ineffective.
    BLM was effective. The Capitol insurrection was a joke. You guys now get laughed at by even moderates. BLM has the press and just about every institution on their side. They learned how to gain political capital. And they've spent a lot of it with all the rioting. And they're after more.

The right has no political capital. Trying to use their tactics will make you lose, just like you lost on Jan 6. Except you still don't know that you lost.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    BLM was effective. The Capitol insurrection was a joke. You guys now get laughed at by even moderates. BLM has the press and just about every institution on their side. They learned how to gain political capital. And they've spent a lot of it with all the rioting. And they're after more.

The right has no political capital. Trying to use their tactics will make you lose, just like you lost on Jan 6. Except you still don't know that you lost.

So your plan is that by doing nothing you'll win the war?
    You'll never have the moderates at your back, it sucks, it's a terrible situation, but you never will.

You sound a lot like Qanon.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So your plan is that by doing nothing you'll win the war?
    You'll never have the moderates at your back, it sucks, it's a terrible situation, but you never will.

You sound a lot like Qanon.
    Holy ****! Qanon is actually TOO moderate for you? I'm not counting on people. Actually the only thing I've said about "my plan" is that I'll sit around watching you guys go have your imaginary war, thinking that it's time.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Holy ****! Qanon is actually TOO moderate for you? I'm not counting on people. Actually the only thing I've said about "my plan" is that I'll sit around watching you guys go have your imaginary war, thinking that it's time.

All Qanon did was say "Stay in your homes, don't do anything, trust the plan." Over, and over, and over again.
    It was a pied piper operation to keep people complacent as the election was stolen.

"Trust Wrey" ... "Trust Sessions" ... "Trust Barr" ... "Trust Durham"

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All Qanon did was say "Stay in your homes, don't do anything, trust the plan." Over, and over, and over again.
    It was a pied piper operation to keep people complacent as the election was stolen.

"Trust Wrey" ... "Trust Sessions" ... "Trust Barr" ... "Trust Durham"
    So you listened to Qanon? It's even worse than I thought. There's reality. And there's this. The more you say the more distance between the two I suspect.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's not clear that the drugs killed Floyd. It's clear that the woman who was shot was in a place she didn't belong. People broke into the Capitol for ****sake, the people in the Capitol had a reason to be afraid. They did not know what the mob was going to do. I think the cop was hastey. Like I said, he bears some responsibility in her death too. Painful as it may be that consistency thing is bidirectional.
    I believe there has been ample evidence, presented here or perhaps other, related threads, that the capital and the supreme court building have both been 'broken into' several times in recent memory, during deliberations - and because those doing the invading were supporting the preferred narrative/agenda/propaganda they were welcomed by one party and no one was shot or killed

You are buying into the lie that somehow, because the people were conservatives and Schumer wasn't there to welcome them, that the threat level was high and OMG! It's an insurrection!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    She committed a misdemeanor. Since when is death a penalty for that?

How many of the other officers were so in fear that they thought it was a good idea to shoot people? How many others thought it necessary to shoot her?
    Exactly! And like Chauvin jurors, if the other officers have opinions counter to the prevailing narrative I doubt we'll ever be allowed to know it

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Exactly! And like Chauvin jurors, if the other officers have opinions counter to the prevailing narrative I doubt we'll ever be allowed to know it
    The reaction to it by authorities doesn’t change what it was. It’s just as much a crime if progressives do it and don’t arrest the criminals who did it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    She committed a misdemeanor. Since when is death a penalty for that?

How many of the other officers were so in fear that they thought it was a good idea to shoot people? How many others thought it necessary to shoot her?
    It’s no more a death penalty for that as a death penalty for someone breaking into your house. But there are certain activities that one can engage in that increases the likelihood of being shot, whether by police or, say, a home owner. Maybe the thief wasn’t armed, and was no threat at all. But the homeowner doesn’t know that.

I’m not saying that she deserved to be shot. But she was. Saying that she was at least a little responsible for the outcome is not the same thing as saying she deserved it. I think that officer who shot her should be fired. As I’ve been saying, it was a hasty shot. That’s his responsibility in it. Her’s was being there, breaking the law and putting herself in that position.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    You're really distorting what I was saying and you know it.

If lethal force was to be used in defense of the people inside, it should have been at the front door. Otherwise the locations people were kept should have been safe enough to not require shooting.
    The second part wasnt directed at you, it was directed at the thread.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Like Breonna Taylor.

This isn't a discussion anymore, it is an exercise in stubbornness.
    Tell me about it. It’s muh team. We’s in the right.

Talking about Taylor was about applying the same logic in another case. And I suspect you know that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Will you be on Kut's porch or will he be on yours?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Tell me about it. It’s muh team. We’s in the right.

Talking about Taylor was about applying the same logic in another case. And I suspect you know that.
    Dude, you're using an abstract of that logic

Person gets gunned down. We check the record. person was found to be running with a fast crowd or a junkie or doing hood rat stuff with their friend. Only THEN is the judgement self inflicted wound

When I check the record on Ashli, it comes back veteran and patriot. I see nothing indicating this was deserved or thought likely. The punishment was disproportianate to the crime. If it was somehow comparable to Taylor, then she would have had a dip**** boyfriend in the crowd shooting at the police

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom