Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    In this last case it became pretty clear when he posted the WTB ad right after passing 50 posts. He was actually posting more than one liners, but wasn't sticking around to reply or otherwise engage if someone replied to him.

And I don't remember the rules telling you to stick around, reply, or otherwise engage.
    I understand making someone follow the rules.
    But why have them, if they are not going to be good enough?

[video=youtube;3vdcw415OcQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vdcw415OcQ[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And I don't remember the rules telling you to stick around, reply, or otherwise engage.

[video=youtube;3vdcw415OcQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vdcw415OcQ[/video]

In this we are setting a time line along with the 50 post rule.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Just make it pay to play and be done with it. That will free up some of the mods time and eliminate all the guess work, or interpretations.
    It should also cancel out the perceived need for monitoring for proper pricing. :twocents:

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Just make it pay to play and be done with it. That will free up some of the mods time and eliminate all the guess work, or interpretations.
    It should also cancel out the perceived need for monitoring for proper pricing. :twocents:

That would involve a few expanding their horizons beyond..... RUNNER...RUNNER........

Purple implied....

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Letter of the law but not the spirit? When I noticed him this morning, he had 18 posts in 18 threads in the previous hour and had replied to no one. Perhaps it wasn't until he revealed his true intent after 50 that a judgement could be made if those posts were 'quality' or not

I've always heard it that we're a forum that happens to have classies, not the other way 'round. I don't think the mods are trigger-happy

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Letter of the law but not the spirit? When I noticed him this morning, he had 18 posts in 18 threads in the previous hour and had replied to no one. Perhaps it wasn't until he revealed his true intent after 50 that a judgement could be made if those posts were 'quality' or not

I've always heard it that we're a forum that happens to have classies, not the other way 'round. I don't think the mods are trigger-happy

Some of our members are

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think bugs post hitting on the head. I have often wondered why we have a Shooters thread though which I think your post tangentially touches.

The shooter thread can sometimes offer up a bit of hilarity when there is a death by mod in the open forum.
    And trust you guys only see a small number of these.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think bugs post hitting on the head. I have often wondered why we have a Shooters thread though which I think your post tangentially touches.

The shooter thread used to be to 'toast' the dear departed while they were hurtling towards the edge as well as after, kind of handicapping the race to shooter status

When there is a dearth of spectacular flameouts, people get bored and turn to lesser pursuits

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The shooter thread used to be to 'toast' the dear departed while they were hurtling towards the edge as well as after, kind of handicapping the race to shooter status

When there is a dearth of spectacular flameouts, people get bored and turn to lesser pursuits

Yep. That and since the "runners" thread was nixed, it's kind of bled over into this one. I really do try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes it's blatantly obvious. Of course the admins have the final say. We're just the peanut gallery.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep. That and since the "runners" thread was nixed, it's kind of bled over into this one. I really do try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes it's blatantly obvious. Of course the admins have the final say. We're just the peanut gallery.

You have peanuts......salty ones....??????

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Yep. That and since the "runners" thread was nixed, it's kind of bled over into this one. I really do try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes it's blatantly obvious.

And that's why I called him out. 50 posts in just over one hour. I don't care long the posts were, or where he lived, he was on a mission.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom