• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Get a new shtick, the "mod" lines are old.

I just don't care anymore. People here get comfortable doing things that they voice opposition to. "I have thick skin!" often being followed by thin-skinned reactions.

People should be called-out when they're behaving like what they campaign against. It's hard to claim to be anti-SJW when you use SJW-tactics to try and cancel people on your own side.

You're a long-timer, you've been around. Do you agree with preemptively discussing the banning of a long-timer like PaulF in an open thread, as though he isn't even here? As though it's a forgone conclusion? That's what's hard to look at, and justify. I don't think you've ever resorted to that. You're much more into the discussion/debate, and you effectively use your words. Even when things get personal, you don't start beating on the ban drum. That's not your style.

So look at my very first line, and answer it (if you want), and be honest with yourself - Why bring it up here if he's not even banned? (Other than to try and push/influence a ban)

I see it a little differently. I don't know if anyone officially reported Paul's comment(s) to the mods, nor do I know if they have to treat that differently from discussing it like in this thread. On the assumption that maybe there is a difference between official/unofficial discussion, I can see the last few pages as a way to work off steam for those insulted and to call some attention to the problem without officially invoking the rules. Kind of like telling someone's parents instead of making a complaint to the police

Edit: Just caught the last line of that post. Why bring it up here, the same reason your sister or brother tells you you'll be in a lot of trouble when they tell Mom. It's a way to let you know you crossed a line and give you a chance to modify your behavior and perhaps explain yourself but definitely putting you on notice (non-specific 'you' in use). People that want you in trouble don't offer the space to talk it out, they just go directly to the authorities

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ya. I don’t agree with Paul on “Region” either. I mean. Really. He seems to hate “region” as if it’s neither here or there. But what does “region” have to do with your lord and savior? :):

Seriously though I think we’ve had much hotter discussions than this one over abortion, and that religious beliefs affect one’s position on that than it would masks.

I don’t think hearing a contempt filled rant adds a lot to the conversation. As far as belief about whether to wear masks or not, the discussion with dusty88 had a lot better value. She did not have to denigrate anyone to express her viewpoint that people should wear masks. She may have had at least a little contempt for people when she entered the discussion, but she never acted with the hubris of moral superiority like Paul did. Paul can’t help himself. He’s had a pattern of treating people who disagree with contempt.

Maybe it’s frustration getting the better of him because people don’t see things as clearly as he does. Well, be assured they see their own position every bit as clearly as he sees his and they’re no more likely to give in on theirs as he is, especially because some self righteous ideologue called them names. Rather than being an ambassador for his viewpoint like dusty88 was for hers, he’s more like a crusader, except armed with vitriol rather than swords.

...I was kinda far into my Aviation cocktail... :n00b:

So look at my very first line, and answer it (if you want), and be honest with yourself - Why bring it up here if he's not even banned? (Other than to try and push/influence a ban)

That was a little odd... but we do that on occasion when someone goes postal... sort of warming up and hold a place for the perceived eventuality.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ...I was kinda far into my Aviation cocktail... :n00b:

That was a little odd... but we do that on occasion when someone goes postal... sort of warming up and hold a place for the perceived eventuality.

Well that and the other thread with the hubbub was closed...

Anybody need a snickers?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If he would’ve said woke I would’ve got a bingo!

Been a long time since I got to use this:
    edBQBeJ.gif

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Get a new shtick, the "mod" lines are old.

I just don't care anymore. People here get comfortable doing things that they voice opposition to. "I have thick skin!" often being followed by thin-skinned reactions.

People should be called-out when they're behaving like what they campaign against. It's hard to claim to be anti-SJW when you use SJW-tactics to try and cancel people on your own side.

You're a long-timer, you've been around. Do you agree with preemptively discussing the banning of a long-timer like PaulF in an open thread, as though he isn't even here? As though it's a forgone conclusion? That's what's hard to look at, and justify. I don't think you've ever resorted to that. You're much more into the discussion/debate, and you effectively use your words. Even when things get personal, you don't start beating on the ban drum. That's not your style.

Did you not read why I started this. Yes we are discussing his actions and what is to be done about them and yes I am staff.
    Read my ****ing posts or step the hell off.

We often discuss these issues in here. If the forum finds enough positives and merit in a member we may bring them back to the playground. If not and we are made aware of those negatives then no.

See folks, there is a lot here many just do not understand.

And I to just do not give a **** anymore. The reasons should be obvious.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I assume there's a mod-only forum here where that sort of thing is discussed, though. Not a public thread where members decide what's to be done, unless I'm misreading what you're saying

You are totally out in to left field here. Yes we discuss this but I have total discretion on how this is to be handled. I put it here to get the general feel of the forum as to Paul and what he brings. You have no idea of what we dealt with due to him in the past. So yes I did this with a purpose and you question me after I was perfectly clear on my reasoning. WTAF man.

If I have to do this again then I am done.

God lord people. I give you an option and it gets used like this. Maybe Paul was right.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. A person I consider to be one of the more "extreme" here now speaking with a clear mind and using different words.... and speaking of Paul as a "victim" of the "other side" or some other nonsense **** like that.

Then ending with some bull**** about "I hope he gets better".

**** sake, this is why INGO is insufferable lately.

This entire situation is just another effort to root out another person that doesn't walk the line, bend the knee.

C'mon man. That's nonsense. I don't want Paul to be "rooted out". I jumped his **** because of the partisan hater rhetoric. I didn't jump dusty88's **** like this and she is of the same opinion about masks as Paul. This is not because Paul didn't bend the knee. No one demanded that anyone bends the knee. But it'd be kinda nice if you disagree, that when you express your disagreements you don't act like an elitist ******* to the people you disagreed with. His points could have been made without the vinegar and he'd have been just fine, albeit not without stiff rebuttal from the usuals.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I assume there's a mod-only forum here where that sort of thing is discussed, though. Not a public thread where members decide what's to be done, unless I'm misreading what you're saying

Why would it be left to members to decide what is to be done? :scratch:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom