• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Unicorns and rainbows...... no company will effectively resist the law and survive.
    They may not survive a boycott but only a fool would believe any other safe co would not give the Feds or Local LE the same info, and IF they make them jump through hoops they will still get in the safe so what was accomplished?
    Lie back and enjoy it, then?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Unicorns and rainbows...... no company will effectively resist the law and survive.
    They may not survive a boycott but only a fool would believe any other safe co would not give the Feds or Local LE the same info, and IF they make them jump through hoops they will still get in the safe so what was accomplished?
    There are companies that require subpoenas for things like turning over email, etc and actually even fight the subpoenas in some cases. I think most here are saying Liberty should have waited until served with a subpoena, which may never have come as the feds may have just opted to cut into the safe.

Calling the integrity of your company into question with your core market can be a tough thing to recover from, especially if you have competition ready to take your place.

Would you want your bank or your Dr, insurance company, etc to provide records without a subpoena, etc?

There's a middle ground between just giving up the info when not really compelled to and putting your company out of business refusing to comply with a subpoena, etc.

All Liberty had to say is no, we can't provide that info, as your warrant doesn't apply to us... And this literally would have gone no further, as far as Liberty's involvement.

Last edited:

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    So, then what happens if customer forgets the combination, or dies without ever telling the spouse the combination?
    Seems to me, it would be the problem of the rightful owner of the departed’s property. Or if forgotten, the problem of the individual that forgets his combo. Just my :twocents:

Has already been discussed up thread how to legitimately retrieve a lost/forgotten combo through the manufacturer.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    IF they make them jump through hoops they will still get in the safe so what was accomplished?

That the rules have been observed.
    Otherwise, why have any rules at all?

I had an officer south of Chicago, on the outskirts on I-80 ask to search my car.
    I told him, calmly, that I did NOT give permission for a search.
    He said he could make it happen.
    I told him, I knew that. He could call a judge. He could call a dog. He could claim exigent circumstances. Stuff like that.
    I still declined.
    He kept at it. Told me he'd keep me there ALL night.
    I told him, I decline the search. That I offer no resistance. That any disagreement would be in court, calmly.
    After a LONG while, he let me go.

What did it accomplish.
    I followed the rules.
    The officer followed the rules.

I expected no other reward.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So, then what happens if customer forgets the combination, or dies without ever telling the spouse the combination?
    That is their responsibility. If they fail to remember or leave that information then one must cut into it. Self-reliance, and responsibility. What happened to that? Is this no longer America?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

I had an officer south of Chicago, on the outskirts on I-80 ask to search my car.
    I told him, I knew that. He could call a judge. He could call a dog. He could claim exigent circumstances. Stuff like that.
    I still declined.
    I told him, I decline the search. That I offer no resistance. That any disagreement would be in court, calmly.

What did it accomplish.
    I followed the rules.

You mean u didn't ask if you were being detained?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Apple survived.

I don't think you understand just how important it is. I also don't think you realize that wearing a badge doesn't automatically make you the good guy.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Incorrect
    Video posted shows the process. You need only a user code to open the door.
    Hate to break it to ya but the default lock on most of the safes coming from liberty is securam digital lock.

The only way to change user code is to have the super/master code, and if you dont have that super/master code you can't change either.

The only option is to install a new lock.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Hate to break it to ya but the default lock on most of the safes coming from liberty is securam digital lock.

The only way to change user code is to have the super/master code, and if you dont have that super/master code you can't change either.

The only option is to install a new lock.

Don’t mind breaking it to you. Their is a big difference between “coming from” and already out there. “Liberty “ has sold gun storage cabinets for ever. (Before electronic locks), Which one do you think is most in the hands of Americans that trusted them to protect their valuables?

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Don’t mind breaking it to you. Their is a big difference between “coming from” and already out there. “Liberty “ has sold gun storage cabinets for ever. (Before electronic locks), Which one do you think is most in the hands of Americans that trusted them to protect their valuables?
    The fbi mastercode situation only pertains to electronic locks...

There is no such thing as a mastercode for dial locks.

So what exactly are you driving at here?

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    The fbi mastercode situation only pertains to electronic locks...

There is no such thing as a mastercode for dial locks.

So what exactly are you driving at her

(What I’m driving at her is none of your business)… :bash:

I’m not going to further this (in my opinion) worthless argument.

Reading Comprehension is a real thing.—- :p

Sir: I would suggest you block my content, it‘s apparent to me you have absolutely no concept of freedom. ———:patriot:

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    (What I’m driving at her is none of your business)… :bash:

I’m not going to further this (in my opinion) worthless argument.

Reading Comprehension is a real thing.—- :p

Sir: I would suggest you block my content, it‘s apparent to me you have absolutely no concept of freedom. ———:patriot:
    You do realize someone said you can reset the electronic locks with just a user code and all I did was post videos that say otherwise.

You either didn't bother to read the quoted texts from angrysauce or are taking my posts out of context bud.

Either way that's a You issue lol

I'm not defending liberty in any way shape or form.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

I still declined.

What did it accomplish.
    I followed the rules.

From what I understand (working for a police department), you can only be detained for a limited amount of time - I think it's about 20 minutes. Officer isn't supposed to detain any longer without probable cause that a crime is being committed. And there, apparently, is a TON of paperwork involved in justifying probable cause.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    If it wasn’t for the start date I’d think I was interacting with a child.

OK folks 4k views on this thread, someone say something. :wavey:

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If it wasn’t for the start date I’d think I was interacting with a child.

OK folks 4k views on this thread, someone say something. :wavey:
    Oh no...I am too busy hitting refresh to see the next jab!

• Haha
    Reactions: Mij
    Top Bottom