• ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Why would they be powerless to stop it?
    Well, SOME crimes. You see someone steal your car. You calk 911. Officer pulls up as they are leaving with your car. We'll take a report but we are not allowed to chase them AT ALL if its only a stolen vehicle. Just smile and wave, Same with traffic violations. Drive however you want. If I try to pull you over, you don't stop, we'll shut it down and go the other way. No pursuits for traffic violations. No consequences AT ALL. So guess what, officers stopped caring about stolen vehicles and driving behavior. Street takeovers? Let State handle them as there is not much we can do about them.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well, SOME crimes. You see someone steal your car. You calk 911. Officer pulls up as they are leaving with your car. We'll take a report but we are not allowed to chase them AT ALL if its only a stolen vehicle. Just smile and wave, Same with traffic violations. Drive however you want. If I try to pull you over, you don't stop, we'll shut it down and go the other way. No pursuits for traffic violations. No consequences AT ALL. So guess what, officers stopped caring about stolen vehicles and driving behavior. Street takeovers? Let State handle them as there is not much we can do about them.
    SMH. That has to hurt morale.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    SMH. That has to hurt morale.
    Here's another one. You get your car stolen. You find it driving and start chasing it through the City, trying to catch the thieves. Call 911, and we respond. We WILL NOT get involved in you chasing the suspects. We can't. We will tell you to pull over and we'll take the report. YOU can chase your stolen car, but we will not help you get it back.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Here's another one. You get your car stolen. You find it driving and start chasing it through the City, trying to catch the thieves. Call 911, and we respond. We WILL NOT get involved in you chasing the suspects. We can't. We will tell you to pull over and we'll take the report. YOU can chase your stolen car, but we will not help you get it back.

Well I mean that works as long you won't help the suspect when they meet the consequences of their actions.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    I’m not saying you’re lying, but seriously is that protocol! It’s hard to wrap my head around it. Do you guys get to decide which laws need to be enforced or is it a directive. Just so we’re clear, if my car is being stolen and I shoot the perp I go to jail, but if my I report my car being stolen you can’t respond!! Wtf,I just bought some powder today from an INGO guy in a small town and he was LEO. We probably had 30 min convo after the transaction and literally covered a lot of bases and that wasn’t one of them. Is that in Indy or other large metro areas or just SOP for LEO for the state?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I’m not saying you’re lying, but seriously is that protocol! It’s hard to wrap my head around it. Do you guys get to decide which laws need to be enforced or is it a directive. Just so we’re clear, if my car is being stolen and I shoot the perp I go to jail, but if my I report my car being stolen you can’t respond!! Wtf,I just bought some powder today from an INGO guy in a small town and he was LEO. We probably had 30 min convo after the transaction and literally covered a lot of bases and that wasn’t one of them. Is that in Indy or other large metro areas or just SOP for LEO for the state?
    IMPD.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Violent vs. non-violent.

Violent crime = police can act like police.

Non-violent? Go suck an egg. Them's the rules.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    IMPD will respond to every call for service (with a few exceptions), but what Denny said is that we can't chase your stolen car.

Top Bottom