• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Our old char broil has rusted out. It had a good run. Looking to get a new one. Propane and 6 burner. What ones to stay away from and which ones are good. And go.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I really like Char Broil. They are well made. I need to replace mine this year. I've rebuilt the burners and grill surfaces several times. Now the firebox is rusted out and I just have to buy new.

I'd buy that brand again. Its a solid performer for a decent price.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I really like Char Broil. They are well made. I need to replace mine this year. I've rebuilt the burners and grill surfaces several times. Now the firebox is rusted out and I just have to buy new.

Agreed. My Char Broil has lasted me many years. Replaced the burners last year but heck it took them 8 years to rust out. Not bad for sitting outside all year.

Bought a 4 burner Blackstone over the winter. Havent tried it out yet.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think Im going to try a Mesa. I really want a grill with a searing zone. That is the only one I found that has cast iron grates, AND a sear zone. At least without passing the $500 mark.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have a Weber Genesis that is 20+ years old. Kept outdoors year round. Never had to rebuild anything. Always use a Weber kettle charcoal grill or a Weber Smokey Mountain smoker these days so I gave it to my daughter. She's been using it with no problems for about three years.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I got away from gas about 5 years ago. Burner covers rust out and then the so called stainless burners rusted out in 4 years and got expensive to replace. My grill was also a 4 burner stainless with side burner charbroil brand. Lil over $400 for it. I ended up putting a tray in the bottom to use charcoal. I finally scraped it last year. My daughter got me into the pitboss wood pellet smoker grulls. I wouldn't go back to gas or charcoal for anything.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    We are on our second Char Broil Infrared. First lasted 10 years. Don’t use 3rd party replacement parts - burned a set out in 1 summer when OEM were not available.

Would love a pellet smoker/ stove. Wallet not there yet.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have a Weber that is 10 plus years old. Cast iron grates, Porcelain hood. It is the smaller 3 burner model. We use it pretty much all summer and some in the winter also. I put new burners in it this spring even though the old ones worked but were burning uneven. $35 on Amazon. It was salty to buy, but it has been great for a long time. Probably outlast me.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    6ixhwHi.jpg

All the guys at work have Webers and love them so that’s what I bought just yesterday for the house. Really excited for it to show up next week, everything I have read about the Genesis line is excellent

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette

I'm the exact opposite... Had a char broil. Needed parts after 3 years and none were available....
    As the saying goes, everyone has opinions and they all stink!
    Rick

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm the exact opposite... Had a char broil. Needed parts after 3 years and none were available....
    As the saying goes, everyone has opinions and they all stink!
    Rick
    I had to go 3rd party parts, but the char broil brand follows the standard sizes, so it was easy to buy aftermarket burners, heat tents, etc.
    And when my burner tubes rusted over, I just had to take a square tapered needle file, stick it in a 1/4" drive micro chuck, and use my power screwdriver to ream out the holes to more or less factory size.

I had to do that 2 weeks ago after it took FOREVER to make kebabs. Its back to normal. Just buying time until a sale.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    Would love a pellet smoker/ stove. Wallet not there yet.
    Check out this brand, I have been using one for 6 years now and it works like a champ. I have the 600 model. They are mostly buy online. I think menards sells one of the small ones an I think Amazon sells a few but the best deals are straight from the manufacturer.
    https://www.zgrills.com/pages/special-offers

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    BTW, I also have a Weber charcoal grill for when I want to take my time and grill up a nice steak with some smoke. For most things, I prefer to use gas as it's quicker and easier. Charcoal makes a good alternative for those times I have the time to deal with it and I will say that for a steak, nothing beats charcoal and a handful of wood chips for some added smoke. I assume a pellet grill/smoker would be as nice or better.

Top Bottom