• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    More of our money going to F'in WASTE, Cause we all know that a few speeders are the worst crime out there

There is a new Grey Quad Cab Dodge pickup with windows smoked out dark enough to get me an you a ticket

I can't believe the use of our money to buy premium vehicles to write tickets.

if they want to write tickets they should be in 76 Chevette's with sewage in the back seat.

I don't have anything against buying a well built vehicle service but buying purposely deceptive equipment is just arrogance and bad use of public funds, The last letter to Mich Daniels was forwarded to some other dept. and a form letter was sent back.

Every cop I know says that they could write all the tickets they need if a bright orange clown car

I know this is beating the dead horse of a subject and that there are going to be arguments on both sides but I just wanted to warn locals of the new threat to their bottom line

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    thankfully i am not down that way much, but i dont agree with choices in vehicles either. stick with a couple... the impala, the crown vic, and the waggon and call it a day.

side note, i had a car with 5% window tint and the windshield fully tinted and never got a ticket :-/ not saying it was right or i would do it again but i think that law is kind of forgotten it seemed.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    i had a car with 5% window tint and the windshield fully tinted and never got a ticket :-/ not saying it was right or i would do it again but i think that law is kind of forgotten it seemed.

I think thats a selective enforcement thing they will use it if they want to see what your up to and don't have any other reason to stop you. Like the taillight or License plate light.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    there all doing it, state, cities, counties etc. Hell, i saw 3 unmarked new dodge durangos with johnson county deputies pileing out of them yesterday, 37 and county line. On 465 city has a 2007ish tahoe with rims pulling speeders over too, damn the economy.

Blaze261

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    My taxes are pretty cheap in Trafalgar, crime is pretty low. A lot of rural areas, hard to reach areas, I don't mind a pickup. As far as being undercover, I noticed it as a LEO vehicle the first day, Looks pretty stripped to me. All and all I think the department does very good on a low budget, reserves, etc.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    FYI, not all LEO vehicles were necessarily "bought"... I'm sure some have been seized in drug raids and the like. I don't know that that's the case here, but I did want to at least mention it.

Blessings,
    Bill

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Thanks for the heads up on the pick up.

I travel that direction often.

It's a shame they were unable to borrow the excess "Greenwood Police"
    cars sitting for long periods of time in the mulitple Bank parking lots.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I do find it interesting that most police cars seem to have very dark tint here. My trucks both had dark enough tint on the rear windows to violate the IC from the factory, so I'd imagine that it'd be pretty hard to enforce the tint law even if you had 2.5% all around.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    As Bill mentioned, most of the non-standard LEO vehicles are seizures/forfeitures. I don't *know* about the quad-cab truck, but some of the Motor Carrier enforcement team is beginning to use trucks due to the large amount of gear they require to do their jobs. They used to roll Caprice Wagons and for some reason downgraded to CrownVics.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I love how people get so upset about the police using unmarked vehicles to catch speeders. It's not about being sneaky, it's psychological. Everybody knows cops drive Crown Vics and everybody knows to slow down when they see one. When the cops start driving Mustangs, Tahoes, pickup trucks, etc. it no longer becomes a game of watching out for Crown Vics and driving as fast as you want when the coast is clear. Now you don't know which car could be driven by a police officer and you have to be a little more careful. Now you have the deterrent factor even when the cops aren't around. Instead of worrying about "your tax dollars being wasted" think of it as your tax dollars being stretched a little further because the deterrent effect is achieved without having to cover the street with more officers. As for the case of Trafalgar, the bad guys will hear that the police have an unmarked truck and are going to be looking at every truck parked nearby or driving by when they are thinking of committing a crime. It's not going to be a magic bullet against crime, but it'll make people think twice.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Plainfield just got a whole new fleet of new Chevy cars. I think Impala's. But they also got three new decked out Tahoes as well. :n00b:

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    There is a new Grey Quad Cab Dodge pickup with windows smoked out dark enough to get me an you a ticket

I can't believe the use of our money to buy premium vehicles to write tickets.

Woah! Wait a minute!

How does ANY Dodge pickup qualify as a "premium vehicle?" :D :laugh:

:popcorn:

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Anyway - Oddly enough, I've seen a State Trooper with a customer in New Albany that was driving a silver late 90's/early 00's Ford F-150. I thought that was surprising, especially since it's a wee bit dated.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    The cost difference between a Crown Vic, Explorer and Expedition is around $2,000. Similar savings are found with other manufactures.

Unmarked vehicle also save the dept $2,000 to $4,000 a car due to eliminating light bars, decals and gas savings due to reduced drag.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the heads up on the pick up.

I travel that direction often.

It's a shame they were unable to borrow the excess "Greenwood Police"
    cars sitting for long periods of time in the mulitple Bank parking lots.
    yeah, whats up with that? I see those all the time.

On topic (or off as it were), I was pulled over on 252 coming out of trafalgar on my way to Atterbury about a month ago bye a (I'm guessing Trafalgar cop, but he could have been Princess Lakes I suppose???:dunno:, I didn't pay much attention) marked Dodge Durango. I was speeding, and luckilly I just got a verbal warning. Mutual respect saved the day I suppose. I was surprised he didn't ask about the several rifles, and rifle bags on the back seat. He might not have seen them, as my EXT. cab windows are a little darker and my truck sits up a little higher.... Or he may have noticed them, didn't take us as a threat (since we were near a rifle range) and didn't find it nessesary to hassle us.:)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Now if it was an ISP Motor Carrier Enforcement officer, he/she is NOT a sworn LEO. They carry no arrest powers and can only enforce Federal trucking regulations and that is how that stop commercial trucks. Their vehicles are marked very similar to ISP cruisers and have red/blue lights.

Top Bottom