• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I handled the 320 XTen yesterday felt amazing. But then I saw this post today.

Do you carry your 320, or is it more a safe queen?
    I’m looking for a 10mm to backpack carry in a hills gear people running rig.
    Safe queen it is definitely not! I have carried a 320 on duty since 2017 in a Safariland 6360. I also carried a 320 subcompact in an ankle holster for a few years, and regularly carry them IWB in kydex off-duty, and OWB in leather. All of my holsters are designed and fitted for the gun.

We've been carrying the 320 since before the "voluntary upgrade" and got our original guns replaced by Sig when that happened. A few years later, we upgraded from those replacement guns to the full-size RX models with the Romeo 1 Pro, which we're carrying now. So I've personally had 4 different guns in the last 6 years (I bought the two "retired" guns back and still own them...sent the early model back to Sig and got the upgrade done). I'm the dept. armorer and instructor, so I'm responsible for not only the ones issues to me, but all the guns that the department owns. I've also had exposure to a lot more, because most of the agencies in our county are carrying the 320 now, and nobody has had any issues to my knowledge.

I've got thousands and thousands of rounds through them...factory ball, JHP, and even my own reloads, and I've been through a bunch of classes with them as well that have pushed them pretty hard. The gun has performed well and I have zero complaints. Like I said...I'm confident in the gun. I have quite a bit of exposure to it and have not seen any verifiable, repeatable problems with the design since the drop-safety issue, which has been corrected. But if a proven issue does come to light, it's my responsibility to learn about it and make sure it gets addressed for our guys, so I always try to watch these threads.

To date, I have yet to see anybody come up with a verifiable, mechanical problem with the gun that would cause it to discharge on its own. I've seen some issues caused by improper holster fit or mishandling (getting clothing stuck inside the trigger guard, etc), but nothing that can be proven to be an actual mechanical issue with the gun.

I'm not emotionally invested in this. I like the gun, but it's just a tool. If somebody identifies a problem, I want the guns fixed or replaced ASAP. But there also need to be hard facts identifying the actual issue to work from, not just internet drama or rumors. At the end of the day, if there really is a problem, somebody is going to find it, especially with all the attention it's getting now.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I’m looking for a 10mm to backpack carry in a hills gear people running rig.
    Also, to address this...maybe a bit of a thread drift, but I have a couple of HPG kit bags and have been very happy with them. They're well made, great for running, and super handy for hiking, biking, and kayaking (especially if you're fishing). I like that it conceals the gun (although it doesn't take a great jump of the imagination to figure out what's in there) and protects it from the elements. That said, they're soft-sided, and personally I'm just not comfortable carrying a striker-fired gun in one. I don't think it's necessarily unsafe, but I'd feel better with something hard-sided and rigid protecting the trigger. Most of the activities I engage in while wearing that bag are pretty strenuous, and you never know what type of forces might be exerted on the gun if you crash, fall, etc. I typically carry a DA revolver in mine, but have on occasion carried a DA/SA or DAO automatic.

Last edited:

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    ^ Yep, that is exactly what I would do were I going to carry a striker gun in a kit bag. It all comes down to what you're personally comfortable with...I like a revolver for a woods gun, but wouldn't criticize anyone for choosing to carry a striker in that manner if that's what they preferred.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Not an expert but it does appear as though the gun is not fully seated and hood not closed before the AD.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I wonder how many sightings of Bigfoot there have been vs. how many verified reports of P320s discharging without a trigger pull.

I'd recommend that cops who don't know how to properly holster their pistols switch to Glocks, which are not idiot-proof, but are a bit more idiot-resistant with the trigger dongle doo-hickey. Anyone remember "Glock leg?" Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Open offer: $200 for anyone now scared of their P320 in their safe/drawer/holster/tackle box.
    Any variant, any caliber.
    Hurry before it strangles you in your sleep.

:):

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Seems like we have been here before with the Glock? Glock Leg/NYC Trigger

Maybe the trigger design, length of pull, pull weight or another design or engineering element is contributing to NDs/ADs that in a previous duty weapon didn't create enough stress on the trigger to fire the weapon?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    1690839205269.jpeg
    sig-p320-meme-e1505944705471.png

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Does that come with a 3lb pull :):
    I don’t know l, I wouldn’t have one, but I put a Grayguns duty trigger that they don’t seem to make anymore (as opposed to the competition trigger) in one that was less than 4 and appendix carried it for a year.
    Traded the gun for my first CZ, but I’d like to have that trigger pack back. I might be able to get it too, the guy I traded it to finally got around to shooting it…

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don’t know l, I wouldn’t have one, but I put a Grayguns duty trigger that they don’t seem to make anymore (as opposed to the competition trigger) in one that was less than 4 and appendix carried it for a year.
    Traded the gun for my first CZ, but I’d like to have that trigger pack back. I might be able to get it too, the guy I traded it to finally got around to shooting it…
    I like to have my carry gun between 3.5-4.5lb maximum. After shooting the 1911 it just makes Striker triggers feel long and heavy in comparison.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I wonder how many sightings of Bigfoot there have been vs. how many verified reports of P320s discharging without a trigger pull.

I'd recommend that cops who don't know how to properly holster their pistols switch to Glocks, which are not idiot-proof, but are a bit more idiot-resistant with the trigger dongle doo-hickey. Anyone remember "Glock leg?" Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Open offer: $200 for anyone now scared of their P320 in their safe/drawer/holster/tackle box.
    Any variant, any caliber.
    Hurry before it strangles you in your sleep.

:):
    Gotta wonder with that Glock Perfection now on Gen 5, why they haven't gotten rid of that
    "Pull the Trigger" before disassembly thing.

Top Bottom