• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The sear has a very small ledge. And every time you fire a 320, the hook on the back of the striker pushes the slide up. This could be a wear point. As mentioned upthread, putting a twist on the slide may disengage the hook from the sear.
    The safety bar stopps the striker. I lifts before the sear releases the striker. I'm not sure if the striker will move with the safety bar down, or if that was also defeated.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Let's just say I personally know a motorcycle officer who showed up at the range for qualification day and could not get his G22 out of his duty holster. It was stuck. Turns out, it was stuck because this genius NEVER took his gun out of his holster. …

Some time back, I was in a shooting course with an officer who was an instructor for his department. He had been doing it a long time, including the era when police officers used revolvers. He said they had an officer show up for annual qualification who could not pull the trigger on his revolver. It just wouldn’t move. Turns out that six months previously during his divorce his ex-wife had superglued the cylinder. :runaway:

ETA: On the bright side, he never had to worry about accidental discharges.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    My only question is if it was a Safariland 7000 series as there was reported issues of the frame getting pinched causing the sear to release the striker.
    Do you have any documentation on that? I'd be curious to see it, especially if it details where the pressure needs to be exerted on the frame, and how much, to cause the sear to release. I've been carrying a 320 for a long time, and I've been resistant to just buying stories about them at face value, but if this can actually be reproduced then there's a legitimate problem and I'd like to know the details.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Do you have any documentation on that? I'd be curious to see it, especially if it details where the pressure needs to be exerted on the frame, and how much, to cause the sear to release. I've been carrying a 320 for a long time, and I've been resistant to just buying stories about them at face value, but if this can actually be reproduced then there's a legitimate problem and I'd like to know the details.
    It has just been mentioned as maybe a common denominator. My first thought is we always hear about small departments having the issues with 320 (other than Milwaukee) you never hear issues with large state agencies like Virgina, Ohio or Texas troopers even though there are more small agencies than large ones but you still think a state would have out of 2,000 troopers.

We have a conversation going about this video (where I got it) amongst Range Master Instructors in Lee Weems page. So if I get more info I will pass it along!

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Thanks, I appreciate it. We have had zero problems with our 320s, and I'm confident in the gun...but if there is actually a verifiable, repeatable problem I want to know about it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well I dont believe I blew him off. If I did I apologize sir. but like he said, he didn't prove anything.

I tend to believe what I see, I tend not to believe what I hear. A few years doing root cause will do that to a person.
    Follow the evidence, a holster pop happens, No Video we say. Well what firearm. how was it being carried, what was person doing when it popped? Lets reproduce it.
    Its a machine, It shouldn't be that difficult.
    I'm a believer that if it can happen once like the video posted in the beginning of this thread, reproduce it.

Believe whatever you like. Not all info is open source and not everything is at your finger tips despite the wonders of the web. Maybe Sig will have another "voluntary upgrade" after another settlement with non-disclosure or fifty like they did with the drop safety issue. I wonder who mentioned the drop safety issue on INGO about 8 months before it became common knowledge and Sig issued that voluntary upgrade...

Like I said then, if you like it, carry it. It's probably not going to be an issue for most users. That said, it's got issues that alternatives do not. I'll stick with recommending Glock and S&W for people who'd prefer their guns only go bang when they want them to, even in low probability events.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Believe whatever you like. Not all info is open source and not everything is at your finger tips despite the wonders of the web. Maybe Sig will have another "voluntary upgrade" after another settlement with non-disclosure or fifty like they did with the drop safety issue. I wonder who mentioned the drop safety issue on INGO about 8 months before it became common knowledge and Sig issued that voluntary upgrade...

Like I said then, if you like it, carry it. It's probably not going to be an issue for most users. That said, it's got issues that alternatives do not. I'll stick with recommending Glock and S&W for people who'd prefer their guns only go bang when they want them to, even in low probability events.
    Is it not, what someone carries a personal choice to begin with?
    I will ask if you watched the video from #63 that Route 45 posted above?
    The video breaks down what, each piece of the 320 firing group does.
    Its very informative, It really is.

Now there is a bit of irony with your statement with Glock "safe action" pistols only go bang when the carriers only want them to. Glock has had its share of "teething" with its perfection over the years.Lets just use one police dept years ago.

Glock uses the marketing term “Safe Action” to describe its firing-pin system, but the truth is that Glocks are accident-prone. They contributed to more than 120 accidental discharges in the Washington Metropolitan Police Department from 1988 to 1998.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Is it not, what someone carries a personal choice to begin with?
    I will ask if you watched the video from #63 that Route 45 posted above?
    The video breaks down what, each piece of the 320 firing group does.
    Its very informative, It really is.

Now there is a bit of irony with your statement with Glock "safe action" pistols only go bang when the carriers only want them to. Glock has had its share of "teething" with its perfection over the years.Lets just use one police dept years ago.

Glock uses the marketing term “Safe Action” to describe its firing-pin system, but the truth is that Glocks are accident-prone. They contributed to more than 120 accidental discharges in the Washington Metropolitan Police Department from 1988 to 1998.
    The early years you are talking was the transitioned to Glocks and EVERYONE was having ADs with Glocks aka Glock Leg. It was bad Gun handling skills that a DA revolver or hammer fired DA auto allowed one to sweep appendages and have a modest amount of pressure on a trigger without it going bang that is not so forgiving with a Glock when holstering.

There are some superb Officers on Washington PD however even on a good day using Washington PD is probably not the best example If you consider the common denominator of that area both their criminals (DC Crew, DC Blacks etc) to their Police Officers.

The number one injury to Firearms Instructors and Police administration everywhere especially there is back problems…..from lowering the bar!!!

Talkinghalls

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2020
    NW Indiana
    Thanks, I appreciate it. We have had zero problems with our 320s, and I'm confident in the gun...but if there is actually a verifiable, repeatable problem I want to know about it.
    I handled the 320 XTen yesterday felt amazing. But then I saw this post today.

Do you carry your 320, or is it more a safe queen?
    I’m looking for a 10mm to backpack carry in a hills gear people running rig.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The early years you are talking was the transitioned to Glocks and EVERYONE was having ADs with Glocks aka Glock Leg. It was bad Gun handling skills that a DA revolver or hammer fired DA auto allowed one to sweep appendages and have a modest amount of pressure on a trigger without it going bang that is not so forgiving with a Glock when holstering.

There are some superb Officers on Washington PD however even on a good day using Washington PD is probably not the best example If you consider the common denominator of that area both their criminals (DC Crew, DC Blacks etc) to their Police Officers.

The number one injury to Firearms Instructors and Police administration everywhere especially there is back problems…..from lowering the bar!!!
    Well, I'm well aware of the Departments in and around the DC beltway to the DelMarVa area, I spent 40 + years growing up and living there.
    I used them because they are a reasonably large dept.

I gotta ask for an explanation for the DC Crew, DC Blacks to their Police Officers?

Have you watched the video that Route45 posted?

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    After watching the video multiple times, it looks as though the Sig goes deeper into the holster as the activity continues. Am I just imagining this? Is it possible the holster is not fitted for the firearm.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I handled the 320 XTen yesterday felt amazing. But then I saw this post today.

Do you carry your 320, or is it more a safe queen?
    I’m looking for a 10mm to backpack carry in a hills gear people running rig.
    Same here, two of us carry 320's on a daily basis, I would say if you have concerns with the 320's watch the video that Route45 posted #33 or #34??
    There are quite a few rundundant safetys built into the fire control.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I think Sig is between a rock and a hard place on this issue. Due to the current lawsuits whatever they do could result in them paying out millions. For example, if they were to do a recall it would have to say why and hurt their case especially if they find something. And if there is an issue with the design and they have to admit that and if it came out they knew about it before hand, again millions to possibly be paid out. Wouldn't want to be in their shoes right now with no easy way out.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Well, I'm well aware of the Departments in and around the DC beltway to the DelMarVa area, I spent 40 + years growing up and living there.
    I used them because they are a reasonably large dept.

I gotta ask for an explanation for the DC Crew, DC Blacks to their Police Officers?

Have you watched the video that Route45 posted?
    As far as the video Route 45 I have seen it a while ago when it was first out.

As for my DC statement I’ll send you a PM as I don’t want to get that far off topic

Top Bottom