• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I moved to Southern Indiana (it was moved back for my parents) in 1972. Coach Knight at IU is what I knew from a very young age. Went in the USAF in 86. Very few ever heard of Salem, Indiana... but everyone knew Bobby Knight.

I remember coming home on leave at Christmas, early 2000's. Came off the Salem Square going north on Main Street, local clothing/sporting goods store on the west side of the street (has all the bling for the three high schools in the county.) Looked at the window as I made the turn, almost all the merch I saw was Texas Tech. To say Bobby Knight made a major impact on the 812 is a bit of an understatement.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I know y'all are gonna try to revoke my Hoosier card. But I dont care. Not a big fan of sportsball, especially not basketball.

Can we please get the General in the ground already so everybody will shut up? The amount of press is getting obnoxious. Top of the news every 30 minutes, Some shows on WIBC either running ads in memoriam, or some of his speeches as bumper "music".

/rant
    Why would we stop at just your Hoosier card? It seems your man card and non-commie card should also be forfeit.

Besides, speaking of WIBC, in his passing Coach Knight pulled off a miracle, he made Rob Kendall almost tolerable to listen to today.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    There will never be another Bobby Knight. RIP Coach.

My favorite basketball coach.
    He always had a good team that gave everyone a challenge including Kentucky with all their blue-chip players.

Top Bottom