• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Also, never sell a gun. Just get the M&P.
    Now here is the "winner-winner-chicken-dinner" post of this thread!

Would you sell one kid because s/he was not as good a piano player as the others? Or got lesser grades? Hell no! :D

Keep the Glock for a rainy day or as a way to have a way to get cash quickly.

kjdoski

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    There are only two reasons why I still own a G19:

1. It's the pistol I ALWAYS come back to after my latest love affair, due to simplicity of maintenance, cost of parts, magazines, and universally available accessories. I have, on more than one occasion during international official travel, needed to "armorer" repair Glocks and have done so with ball point pens, the bent tine of a metal fork, and some other "field expedient tools." I'm not an EOTWAWKI kind of guy, but it's nice to know you can do this kind of stuff on the fly in extremis.

2. I have an FM9 pistol that I dearly love - more than any other long gun I shoot regularly at this point, and it feeds Glock mags. Again, having pistol and long gun share magazines is VERY comforting in extremis.

Non-operational point 3 for keeping the G19 - it's the only "real" pistol my wife is interested in shooting. She doesn't shoot with me often, but if I sold off that last G19, she'd hurt me - badly...

Having said all that, I am ALWAYS in the market for something to replace my Glock. The P10C is hands down a better shooter, but it's kind of a "snowflake" (hard to find parts and accessories). The P320 is easier to shoot well for accuracy, but doesn't perform as well on timed shooting drills, and it's the most complicated pistol I've ever seen. The M&Ps don't "feel" good in my hand, but they shoot well - when the 2.0 Compact ORs are available with the new "Shield Plus" trigger, I will almost certainly buy one. The M&Ps are a whole lot more complex than the Glock, but I still don't like a fully cocked striker for carry use.

1911s, on the other hand, are mana from heaven. I'm sure I'll feel the same about my Shadow 2 OR when it appears...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    There are only two reasons why I still own a G19:

1. It's the pistol I ALWAYS come back to after my latest love affair, due to simplicity of maintenance, cost of parts, magazines, and universally available accessories. I have, on more than one occasion during international official travel, needed to "armorer" repair Glocks and have done so with ball point pens, the bent tine of a metal fork, and some other "field expedient tools." I'm not an EOTWAWKI kind of guy, but it's nice to know you can do this kind of stuff on the fly in extremis.

2. I have an FM9 pistol that I dearly love - more than any other long gun I shoot regularly at this point, and it feeds Glock mags. Again, having pistol and long gun share magazines is VERY comforting in extremis.

Non-operational point 3 for keeping the G19 - it's the only "real" pistol my wife is interested in shooting. She doesn't shoot with me often, but if I sold off that last G19, she'd hurt me - badly...

Having said all that, I am ALWAYS in the market for something to replace my Glock. The P10C is hands down a better shooter, but it's kind of a "snowflake" (hard to find parts and accessories). The P320 is easier to shoot well for accuracy, but doesn't perform as well on timed shooting drills, and it's the most complicated pistol I've ever seen. The M&Ps don't "feel" good in my hand, but they shoot well - when the 2.0 Compact ORs are available with the new "Shield Plus" trigger, I will almost certainly buy one. The M&Ps are a whole lot more complex than the Glock, but I still don't like a fully cocked striker for carry use.

1911s, on the other hand, are mana from heaven. I'm sure I'll feel the same about my Shadow 2 OR when it appears...
    I was right there with you... until that 1911 talk.

That said, yes there are definitely tradeoffs. The simplicity of the Glocks kept me on that train for a long time as well. There is an elegance in simple and extremely functional (yes, I used the word elegance in context to a Glock). I also have an FX-9 and as you say that was another reason I keep around a couple of 19's with their mags.

That said, there are benefits to the 320, the M&Ps and others as well.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I drove Glocks for years and a couple years ago decided to try the Canik; ended up buying the TP9SF Elite & then the TP9 SC. Bought an M&P 9 1.0 recently & although it's "okay" don't like the trigger as much I wish I did. About the only 9/40 Glock I hadn't owned was the G17 and I recently bought a well-used one of those. Some of my best Glock pistols have been the ones that have been well-broken-in by firing hundreds of rounds through them before they come to me.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville

Would you sell one kid because s/he was not as good a piano player as the others? Or got lesser grades? Hell no! :D

A very high end 1911 could persuade me! Just saying

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Had a 19...meh..... found an M&P 9c at a LGS, fit my hand like a glove......the grock is gone, the M&P will be buried with me....or left to me son, Just got a full size 9mm, an STK 100, by Rock Island, uses glock mags, but fits my hand better, plus an aluminum frame....again it'll go to my son...maybe....Welcome to the M&P club!!!!!

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    Had a 19...meh..... found an M&P 9c at a LGS, fit my hand like a glove......the grock is gone, the M&P will be buried with me....or left to me son, Just got a full size 9mm, an STK 100, by Rock Island, uses glock mags, but fits my hand better, plus an aluminum frame....again it'll go to my son...maybe....Welcome to the M&P club!!!!!
    How well does the STK shoot?
    Rumor has it there not real accurate!

rfyockey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2020
    Lucasville
    Understand. I got caught up in Glocks and they are 100% reliable - fantastic pistols; but over last couple of years been transitioning to Beretta hammer fired DA/SA. Probably my age (62) and growing up on DA/SA revolvers. Last Glock I let go was the Glock 45, and now kind of wishing I’d hung on to it and maybe the Glock 23 (first Glock). Fortunate today to have so many great options!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute

Ummm no, no I wouldn''t sell a kid because he uuuuu I mean he or she didn't make as good of grades as his sister oooooor I mean he or she as their siblings. PS. He sucks at the piano too!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I’m seriously considering selling/trading my last Glock (G45) and going all in on Smith&Wesson’s M&P line. I just shoot the M&P better. That being said, there’s something to be said for having at least one full sized Glock in the arsenal, so I’ve been hesitant about actually making the final decision.

Your thoughts?

I EDC a G45 and am happy with it.

That said, if you are looking for the utmost in versatility, I'd replace the G45 with a Gen5 G19 MOS as your arsenal Glock. The only downfall of the G45 is that it inherently is not capable of using G19 mags. The G19 is the opposite. :twocents:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    How well does the STK shoot?
    Rumor has it there not real accurate!
    I shot a few rounds through it, 10 yards. Seemed to like the 124 gr, I didn't have the ammo to shoot longer range for group....I shot from a rest for these groups....not great but shows me I have some work to do...the guns did it's job...

Attachments

• 4039D163-B5FF-4F04-B431-7FE0A4F5FC27.jpeg
      4039D163-B5FF-4F04-B431-7FE0A4F5FC27.jpeg
      1.8 MB · Views: 10
    • D7FD9565-2572-47E7-9808-3860F8741E26.jpeg
      D7FD9565-2572-47E7-9808-3860F8741E26.jpeg
      1.7 MB · Views: 10
    • 4C9A4FC1-399A-4A6B-938B-596CAE57F7A8.jpeg
      4C9A4FC1-399A-4A6B-938B-596CAE57F7A8.jpeg
      1.5 MB · Views: 10
    Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I’m seriously considering selling/trading my last Glock (G45) and going all in on Smith&Wesson’s M&P line. I just shoot the M&P better. That being said, there’s something to be said for having at least one full sized Glock in the arsenal, so I’ve been hesitant about actually making the final decision.

Your thoughts?

I have learned that leaving is easy....when I never went to begin with...LOL!!!

rfyockey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2020
    Lucasville
    I had most of my pistols and revolvers stolen back in 2007 - except for a S&W 19-4 kept by the bed they overlooked. Now in my early 60s and still working, have had time (and money)to seriously get back into shooting and rebuilding collection. Never had shot striker fired pistols only DA revolvers and 1911s. Upon recommendation of friends I plunged heavily into Glocks in 9mm, 40S&W, and 45ACP. Probably favorite 2 were the 43X and 45, but over past three years have discovered I shoot Beretta DA/SA much better - so sold off most of my Glocks and now pretty much own nothing but Beretta and a couple of 1911s. Even recently picked up an APX Centurion and find shoot much better than the Glocks. This has nothing to do with which is best, but all about which is best for you. My son-in-law is very avid toward S&W M&Ps and outshoots me, but for me I’ll stick with my 92s, 96s, and Px4s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22LRFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 9, 2022
    East Central Indiana
    I can relate to everything that has been said on this thread. For years, I have forced myself to like Glock. It's almost like I'm doing something wrong if I don't like Glock. I would always justify going back to Glock. Finally, when the M&P 2.0 came out, I was done. There was enough difference for me to fight the urge to give Glock just one more try. Hi, my name is 22LRFan and I'm a recovering Glockaholic. :wavey::wavey:

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    I have owned an carried just about all the Wunder Plastic guns... I pretty much disliked all of them except the M&P series. I always go back to 1911/2011. They are very familiar in hand feel and grip so I guess that is what keeps my interest. They are soft shooters and point naturally. Only thing about they that really sucks are their triggers... but an Apex ignition set solves that problem.

Carry what you shoot best and care less about conflicting opinions if you find what you like. I often express my opinion that I like the M&P line over other Plastic guns and people often seem surprised how well they shoot after they handle mine.

I would suggest shooting one. If you like shooting steel guns usually with SA trigger, I think you will love it. If not... tons of other options as we, as gun people in general, are spoiled with all the choices we have.

Current picture of my two with my C2.

Attachments

• 20220202_132017.jpg
      20220202_132017.jpg
      510.9 KB · Views: 8
    Top Bottom