• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    I recently purchased one of these scopes and my initial impressions are good. Had what I hope were issues with crappy mounts. I have it mounted in a burris PEPR mount now so we'll see how it holds up.Anyone else here try one of these and if so what do you think?

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I had a P.E.P.R. before (on an old AR varmint rig, with a 30mm-tube scope). the mount was good. (scope was too heavy for that rig thought)

The mount might have been a bit heavy, but otherwise solid construction. Did you get the Q.D. version?

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    Just mounted a Vortex Viper PST 1-4 (from AA Optics) with an AD quick release mount. It's amazing what a good mount will do. Absolute return to zero. Fantastic.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I'm not a fan of the PEPR mount, 6 screws per ring is a PITA, plus they're bulky.

For a chinese made mount, I like the Vortex mounts, they use a metric Alan wrench but they're clean.

For a US mount the same price as a PEPR, I like Leupold (made by Warne) and the Dean Nutz forward mount. Much cleaner looking on both accounts.

I'm a fan of QD mounts though myself

Top Bottom