• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Sometimes I wonder if gun rights are the only issues you guys are ever concerned about.

Gun rights and Cigarette Smoker's rights, apparently. There have been some heated conversations on that topic. :p

"It seems I should conceal and not show my firearm as much as possible. Guns do alarm others."

This is sound advice no matter where you are. There is no need for anyone to open carry at any time, anywhere.

When I first got my LTCH, I thought I would never open carry. Heck, I felt like people's eyes were burning through me carrying concealed at first. Nobody could tell, but it felt like everyone was looking.

Years later, CC or OC just depends on which holster I feel like strapping on that day, where I'm going, and which sidearm I'm carrying. Never had anyone give me any grief over either, no one's ever run screaming when I walked through the door, and I haven't noticed bad guys targeting me more often with OC... :dunno:

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I firmly believe that CARS are weapons. So if someone is driving a car there in an alarming way, doesn't that mean they can get kicked out then?

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    "It seems I should conceal and not show my firearm as much as possible. Guns do alarm others."

This is sound advice no matter where you are. There is no need for anyone to open carry at any time, anywhere.

I guess there is no need to for anyone to be aloud to type at anytime, anywhere either, after reading some of the posts in this thread.

And you really don't want top read this thread https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...elf_defense/34140-where_did_you_oc_today.html , I mean after all it has caused numerous heart attacks and deaths just from the site of people open carrying.

recon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Lafayette
    I found out from my roommates (gun friendly) that our lease has the same clause. Every time they show the apartment and every time I go to pay my rent, I open carry. No one has said a word.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    Look INGO. I didn't start this thread to have a discussion about open carry vs. concealed carry. How you exercise your 2ed Amendment right, is your choice as a Hoosier. Quit the arguing. I don't really care how you carry your firearm. Heck you could carry it where the sun don't shine! As long as it's with you, it makes no difference. Please stay on topic, or start your own OC vs. CC war. I started this thread to get INGO's opinion on how you interpret my apartment's lease agreement and how you might react.

Please and Thank-you kindly, Gulley

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    A lot of stuff alarms people. Does this mean we should ban everything that alarms someone? So dogs, cats, cars, birds, planes, knives, etc should be banned? Open carry doesn't bother people, guns do. Does this mean we should just ban guns? Apparently there's no place for them.
    CC your firearm, OC your halberd. No one will be alarmed.

Ammunition rights also concern me. ;)
    The 2d Amendment only mentions arms, not ammunition. This loophole the SCOTUS will close.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Look INGO. I didn't start this thread to have a discussion about open carry vs. concealed carry. How you exercise your 2ed Amendment right, is your choice as a Hoosier. Quit the arguing. I don't really care how you carry your firearm. Heck you could carry it where the sun don't shine! As long as it's with you, it makes no difference. Please stay on topic, or start your own OC vs. CC war. I started this thread to get INGO's opinion on how you interpret my apartment's lease agreement and how you might react.

Please and Thank-you kindly, Gulley

Boy do you have a lot to learn (about internet forums). :laugh:

Lighten up, Frances. It happens. This is tame and everyone is still behaving. Be thankful for that. ;)

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    Boy do you have a lot to learn (about internet forums). :laugh:

Lighten up, Frances. It happens. This is tame and everyone is still behaving. Be thankful for that. ;)

Huh... I've used internet forums since I was 13, I guess I've learned to stay on topic. Though I'm chill man, it's just it seems everyone always argues over OC vs. CC on many different threads. Not just this one. I guess it's just wishful thinking, hoping everyone sooner or later would agree to disagree.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Huh... I've used internet forums since I was 13, I guess I've learned to stay on topic. Though I'm chill man, it's just it seems everyone always argues over OC vs. CC on many different threads. Not just this one. I guess it's just wishful thinking, hoping everyone sooner or later would agree to disagree.

So you've learned to stay on topic. When you realize not every post is meant as gospel serious, let's talk. ;)

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Since becoming a new gun owner. I was curious about my apartment's rules on firearms. Outside of my apartment, to the mailbox or car I've been carrying concealed. Always making sure it's not exposed. Though sometimes outside of my home, my shirt rides up and shows my firearm and I don't worry about it too much. However I do worry about it here at my place of residence. Which got me wanting to look in the lease agreement. Here is the only thing I found about firearms...

20. PROHIBITED CONDUCT. "...possessing a weapon prohibited state law; discharging a firearm in the apartment community; displaying or possessing a gun, knife, or other weapon in the common area in a way that may alarm others;..."

It seems I should conceal and not show my firearm as much as possible. Guns do alarm others.
    So what would you do?

Thanks, Gulley
    It doesn't say firearms are prohibited. For your own good though, if your just roaming around the area (out for a walk, etc.) maybe consider buying something you can pocket carry for the area your in.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Some people look for those things in topics. Everyone does it. Sometimes it's hard to get a clear answer when the ammo is flying from all directions.;)

Top Bottom