0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Wow. Here's some news. Lawyers in South Africa have filed charges against Obama for war crimes and genocide and called on the South African Police to arrest him. Who knew that his drone war would come back to bite him in the ass? Doubt they'll get an arrest, but one can dream.

Lawyers seek Obama arrest during SA visit | Cii Broadcasting

Arrest Barack Obama, says Muslim Lawyers Association in South Africa - Economic Times

And according to American liberals, Bush did it. Unfortunately if a Republican is elected in 2016, the opposition and support of such policies will shift again back in the direction it was prior to 2008.

Palarran

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'd rather that they didn't. I don't want a war with South Africa.

If you don't think that that is what would go down if someone succeeded in arresting a sitting POTUS and refused to release him, you've got another thing coming.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yeah, arresting a retired POTUS or VPOTUS probably wouldn't start a war, but it would sure create a huge diplomatic stink.
    A sitting US president (or head of any state) should not be above the law and we should respect that. Obama has been a huge proponent of using the ICC against people accused of crimes against humanity, genocide and the like. It would be hypocritical of him to avoid his fate should the ICC choose to act on the indictment. And it would be a sign of the utmost lawlessness on our part if we acted to break him out of that justice system which he supports.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Whether or not you agree with the man or his policies he is still the POTUS and as such a symbol of this nation and its power. I disagree with most of his policies and politics and will continue to do so but that does not change the fact that he it still the POTUS and arresting him would be a MAJOR stab at the sovereignty of the U.S. and its standing in the world. If he has committed war crimes, that is for US to deal with at home, not SA.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Both pre and post Apartheid era South Africa should take a look in the mirror before they go after anyone about "War Crimes"...

Yes, this is entirely true. Sorry, I'm not an Obamatard but I also think these charges are ludicrous given their history.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    There is no way the secret service or the u.s. military would let them get close to the president with those intentions and they know it. That's why the title has "lawyers" in it. Lawyers never get their own hands dirty. They get suckers to do it for them.

I'd love to see him kicked out of office and especially put in jail afterwards, but no foreign country should be able to even get close to the u.s. president.

Top Bottom