Lawsuit proceeding over deputy threatening to murder motorist and CWL holder.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, I wish them the greatest success in this endeavour. Even if the person who truly deserves the punishment will receive nothing for his transgressions. It will come out of the insurance policy or the tax coffers and officer Butt Head will not receive so much as a tap on the wrist.

Hei Atzfel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    It's things like this that give so many people such a heated (and sometimes deserved) negative outlook on law enforcement.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    It will come out of the insurance policy or the tax coffers and officer Butt Head will not receive so much as a tap on the wrist.
    You might be correct as to where the $$$ comes from but if "Officer Butthead" screws up enough and costs the state, county, city enough...he will eventually be dismissed. If suing is the only way to correct officer mistakes(read as illegal or unconstitutional behavior)...then so be it.

Hei Atzfel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Wow...they actually arrested him. And took 17 days before they decided to drop charges....I guess lawsuit, who wouldn't.

I wouldn't if it was the first time it had happened to me by the cities police department. But if it happened a second time then I most certainly would.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You might be correct as to where the $$$ comes from but if "Officer Butthead" screws up enough and costs the state, county, city enough...he will eventually be dismissed. If suing is the only way to correct officer mistakes(read as illegal or unconstitutional behavior)...then so be it.
    Actually, Florida is a bad state for gypsy cops. Bad ones travel from department to department after wearing out their welcome in one place or another. Cops in Florida usually get to resign, so they can go somewhere else and continue their bad behaviour. As for this being a "mistake"...that's hardly what it was. A "mistake" is when you misspell someones name on a ticket or tick the wrong offence. What this cop did doesn't qualify as a "mistake". It was an egregious violation of that persons Rights and quite probably false arrest. His behaviour wasn't in the "mistake" category, by a long shot.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Just sickening! This is the behavior that gives all LEO's a bad name. And to make it worse, the good Leo's hardly ever step up and say anything about said behavior. That 'thing blue line' drivel.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes, you have to tie the financial loss to the police retirement fund(s). When the individual officers realize that it will affect them personally (either the loss or the reinsurance payments) then they will have a personal incentive to weed out the bad actors creating a culture where this alleged behavior is not tolerated.

Top Bottom