• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Yeah, I don't think too many people will have heartburn not being able to use 375/408 CheyTac or 50BMG for their deer huntin'...have to settle for "only" 338 Lapua.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Listen, all you freedom haters. Some of us can't afford the expense of processing. By using a .50 BMG or .416 Barret, you can simply walk over to the crater and fill your grocery sack with hamburger.

cedarthicket

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Back to the House then?
    To a conference committee to reconcile differences between the version passed by the Senate and the version passed earlier by the House. INMHO the major difference is that the Senate version contains a maximum CASE length of 3 inches and the House version does not. I would predict the finally adopted bill will include the maximum case length of 3 inches.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    (b) Subject to section 10 of this chapter, the director may charge a fee for a license or permit issued under subsection (a).SECTION 6. IC 14-22-2-8, AS ADDED BY P.L.110-2016, SECTION 1, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2017]: Sec. 8.
    (a) This section applies to a hunting season beginning after June 30, 2016, and ending before January 1, 2020.
    (b) A hunter may use a rifle during the firearms season to hunt deer HB 1415—LS 7301/DI 77
    subject to the following:
    (1) The use of a rifle is permitted only on privately owned land.
    (2) The rifle must have a barrel length of at least sixteen (16) inches.
    (3) The rifle must be chambered for a cartridge that is two hundred forty-three thousandths (.243) of an inch in diameter or larger.one (1) of the following cartridges:

(A) .243.

(B) .30-30.

(C) .300.

(D) .30-06.

(E) .308.13

(4) The rifle must fire a cartridge that has a minimum case length of one and sixteen-hundredths (1.16) inches.
    (5) A hunter may not possess more than ten (10) cartridges for the rifle while hunting deer under this section.
    (6) The rifle must meet any other requirements established by the department.
    (c) The use of a full metal jacketed bullet to hunt deer is unlawful.
    (d) The department shall report on the impact of the use of rifles to hunt deer under this section to the governor and, in an electronic format under IC 5-14-6, the general assembly before February 15, 2020.23 (e) This section expires June 30, 2020

My only question is, if I have two rifles with me in the stand (shed) can I have ten rounds for each firearm? Am I only limited to ONE rifle?
    :dunno:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    (b) Subject to section 10 of this chapter, the director may charge a fee for a license or permit issued under subsection (a).SECTION 6. IC 14-22-2-8, AS ADDED BY P.L.110-2016, SECTION 1, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2017]: Sec. 8.
    (a) This section applies to a hunting season beginning after June 30, 2016, and ending before January 1, 2020.
    (b) A hunter may use a rifle during the firearms season to hunt deer HB 1415—LS 7301/DI 77
    subject to the following:
    (1) The use of a rifle is permitted only on privately owned land.
    (2) The rifle must have a barrel length of at least sixteen (16) inches.
    (3) The rifle must be chambered for a cartridge that is two hundred forty-three thousandths (.243) of an inch in diameter or larger.one (1) of the following cartridges:

(A) .243.

(B) .30-30.

(C) .300.

(D) .30-06.

(E) .308.13

(4) The rifle must fire a cartridge that has a minimum case length of one and sixteen-hundredths (1.16) inches.
    (5) A hunter may not possess more than ten (10) cartridges for the rifle while hunting deer under this section.
    (6) The rifle must meet any other requirements established by the department.
    (c) The use of a full metal jacketed bullet to hunt deer is unlawful.
    (d) The department shall report on the impact of the use of rifles to hunt deer under this section to the governor and, in an electronic format under IC 5-14-6, the general assembly before February 15, 2020.23 (e) This section expires June 30, 2020

My only question is, if I have two rifles with me in the stand (shed) can I have ten rounds for each firearm? Am I only limited to ONE rifle?
    :dunno:

Two guns in different calibers = 10 rounds each
    Two guns in same caliber = 10 rounds total between them.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    So, fewer approved rounds than last year? How is that an improvement?

No. It opens it up to anything .243 in diameter and larger with a case longer than 1.16 but no longer than 3". The copied section above does not show the changes. For some reason using the copy and paste function removes the strike outs and additions. Follow the link above and look at page four and five to read the bill as it currently stands.

DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    No. It opens it up to anything .243 in diameter and larger with a case longer than 1.16 but no longer than 3". The copied section above does not show the changes. For some reason using the copy and paste function removes the strike outs and additions. Follow the link above and look at page four and five to read the bill as it currently stands.

Brilliant! I stand corrected and pleased. Thank You!

Top Bottom