• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    I'm just glad you noticed the uniformed officer before bullets flew. +1 for pursuing this, and that's coming from a guy who supports officers 99% of the time. This time however, Douchebag comes before officer [constable].

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    hell i just found out this guy used to be the deputy chief at lpd. I don't think I want to :poop: in his backyard lol. I'm still gonna talk to them, but I know how politics and the good ole boy network goes from my time n the military so I may just play nice....

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    sounds like a much better plan. :)
    I was just going off of the "I stared to reach for my gun" sentance in the OP

it's a retention habit lol I am really really glad that the uni came into view when he did. I would soooo be up the creek, or buried in it

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    hell i just found out this guy used to be the deputy chief at lpd. I don't think I want to :poop: in his backyard lol. I'm still gonna talk to them, but I know how politics and the good ole boy network goes from my time n the military so I may just play nice....

At the end of the day, only you can make the call on how to play it. If you didn't think you would get anywhere with filing a formal complaint and/or meeting with the Chief, then I would think seriously about contacting one of the local news stations (if not all of them). There's something about being splattered all of the news doing wrong which inspires the wrongdoers to make it right.

Plus, the news play would educate the masses even further and on a broad scale, if the reporting is accurate.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm not sure of the constables name. He was a short white guy with like reddish skin and white hair.

@melensdad: I am totally supportive of police, I would probably be on with them if any pd was hiring when I get the urge to apply. But you are most assuredly correct that some officers need further training when it comes to legally armed members of society. These guys went full retard, and you never go full retard.

Doesn't matter if you know his name! They have a log of who made what calls and you can simply ask them who the officer in question was that responded. File the complaint against him.

Again, I would not file a complaint asking for any money, I would file a complaint asking for them to be trained in the laws of the state regarding open carry. They need to be edu-ma-kated simply BECAUSE they went "full retard" on you.

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I would file the complaint so that it's on record. If you don't the next sorry SOB is going to pay for you not doing so. As you said, that could have turned out to be deadly. I doubt you were the first to experience that, but you could save someone else's life if your complaint is filed and then justly acted upon. You might ask for a copy of the police report as well to see if it's accurate.

Frankly, I think the whole community should know about this before they vote in November, but that's your call.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    File your complaint. If the chief won't see you, make an appointment with the mayor. Or the city council. Or, failing that, schedule a press conference. Prior to any of the above, though, talk to a lawyer.

I think you have a good case, but I don't have J.D. after my name. You need someone who does, IMHO.

Good luck and keep us updated on what's happening, within the confines of your attorney's advice.

Blessings,
    Bill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Definitely need to file a complaint on these ho-ho's. Follow-up with a lawsuit and you should have a fairly sweet gig with what happened to you.

This is precisely what gives cops a bad name...and for the most part, cops are good people. But just as is the case, there is always a bad apple or two...and the same can be said for those who legally carry

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    .Okay, I live in the area and gas up at the BP near there. I will OC at this same location tomorrow. I hope my full size M&P 45 is adequate. Since I have a CT laser on it they must figure I'm an assasin.
    I knew I should have bought that Desert Eagle 50!

Last edited:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I suggest contacting Rev. Al Sharpton. Is this any different than any other civil rights infringement? At the risk of stirring the pot; What if you had been a person of color? Wouldn't this be all over the media? Really, is there any difference?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I think it may be time to think about a 2nd Amendment / OC event. A dozen guys carrying loaded ARs and AKs might get the point across. Maybe have it across the street from the police station.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I suggest contacting Rev. Al Sharpton. Is this any different than any other civil rights infringement? At the risk of stirring the pot; What if you had been a person of color? Wouldn't this be all over the media? Really, is there any difference?

I have to agree on this one. If we do not stand for our rights, they will not be ours any longer. Yes, it would have been a "bigger" issue had the OP been a man of color. (BTW, I hate that term. I'm an american, my neighbors are American, the skin color really needs to be dropped as an adjective. But, that is for another post.)

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    .Okay, I live in the area and gas up at the BP near there. I will OC at this same location tomorrow. I hope my full size M&P 45 is adequate. Since I have a CT laser on it they must figure I'm an assasin.
    I knew I should have bought that Desert Eagle 50!

This is what I was looking for. Instead of going to the police station I'd be headed straight for the place I thought called the cops and buying gum one pack at a time marching around with guns on each hip, in and out over and over.

The cops were jerks but consider if you were responding to the call, it depends a lot on how the people calling in put it as to what mood they were in when checking on it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Instead of going to the police station I'd be headed straight for the place I thought called the cops and buying gum one pack at a time marching around with guns on each hip, in and out over and over.

It doesn't appear that the gas station employees made the call.

P.S a week later I found out that some little short guy asked the guy at the gas station if I was a cop, and he told the little guy that I did security and all kinds of stuff and he was like "this is BS, he shouldnt be allowed to do that even if he has a badge" W T F

Find the little short guy and follow him around. :laugh:

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The LPD regularly has a car across the street from this location shooting radar in a high traffic area. I've seen it at least once a week for some time now. Usually a white Charger.

Perhaps the little man will be there some time while I'm fueling up. Might have to start paying inside.

Top Bottom