Indianapolis
    Advanced Tactical Pistol Skills

Two Day Course

www.langdontactical.com
    Instructor: Ernest Langdon

Cost:$450
    October3-4, 2015
    12 Students Maximum

This is a high intensity, fast paced, challenging program. The class is designed to handle a wide range of skill levels, but this is not a beginner course. Expect to shoot 800 to 1000 rounds in two days.

Topics that will be covered;
    Combat Mindset
    Training for performance under stress
    Grip& Stance
    Draw Stroke
    Reloads
    Multiple Target Engagement
    Full spectrum trigger control & manipulation
    One handed shooting
    Close proximity shooting
    Alternate aiming techniques
    Shooting while moving
    Shooting Moving Targets
    Shooting Moving Targets while on the move

Ernest is shipping in his mover and we will have steel for this class.

For sign up or get more details about the class contact John Nelson at photoman202-pistoltraining@yahoo.com.

Link to a short article on Modern Service Weapons: Langdon Tactical Technologies: Advanced Pistol Skils | Modern Service Weapons

Langdon4.jpg

Last edited:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I may end up trying a G19/RMR combo this time. Depends on my progress in the next few months. Still seems fitting to use my Beretta again, wanna stand next to me this year Mike:)?

If I can make it, that is what I will be shooting. My experiment with the CZ went ok, but in an advanced class I am going to use what I am most comfortable with. You just want me standing next to you so you look good in comparison.:D

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I live really close to Danville, IN. I haven't taken his beginner level class though, and my skills have dropped off considerably in the last couple years for lask of consistent practice. What kind of performance measures should we be able to achieve before thinking about this class?

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I live really close to Danville, IN. I haven't taken his beginner level class though, and my skills have dropped off considerably in the last couple years for lask of consistent practice. What kind of performance measures should we be able to achieve before thinking about this class?

A sub 5 second FAST would be a good place to start. :)

Clearly I can't speak for Mr. Langdon, but I was at the non advanced class last year and I have seen you shoot. It would have to be cleared with him I assume, but you would be fine. His tactical pistol skills class is a solid 2 day class. I would not call it beginner level, but there was nothing unusual about it. One thing I have seen with you is a high level of safety and gun handling skills. This makes any instructor happy and makes everything else easier. There is one drill from last years class that I have been using almost every time I go to the range lately. 7 yards support hand only, 15 yards strong hand only, 25 yards freestyle. 5 rounds from each position. I don't remember what target we were using but IMHO a good place to start would be everything in the A zone of an IPSC and shrink it from there.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0P3L7g-tg6C3o8i9h_TdtQ Check out his you tube page for a lot of what we did in the class. Watch the 3.5 second standards, x drill, and close speed drill in particular.

JohnN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If I can make it, that is what I will be shooting. My experiment with the CZ went ok, but in an advanced class I am going to use what I am most comfortable with. You just want me standing next to you so you look good in comparison.:D

No, I just got a kick out of you dodging brass. If I can do nothing else I am good at making brass.

JohnN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    Indianapolis

Mike's been in couple of classes with me, if he says you would be okay, no problem. I talked to Ernest about this and everything in this class will be ramped up, if you feel comfortable you are free to enroll. Our biggest concern is someone being in way over there head, not a good experience for the student or his classmates.

Besides you have five months to practice before the class.

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    Last year's class was great!

Range was good, but lacking in steel. Pretty sure with that foreknowledge, Ernest will find a solution for this one.

Ernest is also a great dude to hang out with for lunch and/or dinner. You know, on top of being a world class coach and instructor. I'm going to try and make it happen again this year, but I decided to prioritize getting myself and the lovely lady into the Rangemaster course. I don't have high hopes for work letting me since it would be back to back weekends.... :(

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Last year's class was great!

Range was good, but lacking in steel. Pretty sure with that foreknowledge, Ernest will find a solution for this one.

Normally such a thing wouldn't even register with me as the vast majority of classes I have taken don't use steel or use it in a very limited capacity. (As I do in our classes.) Since you bring it up though, it does seem to me something was said about this at the last class.

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    Yeah. From talking to EL, I got the impression he likes to use steel for a lot of the stuff that is more movement/decision oriented.

I know in the last year, I have grown to like steel for anything when I'm working on movement particularly. There is something about the feedback that just works for me. Maybe it is just the elimination of that natural distraction of wanting to look. If you hear the ping, you made a hit keep moving. Look later.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah. From talking to EL, I got the impression he likes to use steel for a lot of the stuff that is more movement/decision oriented.

I know in the last year, I have grown to like steel for anything when I'm working on movement particularly. There is something about the feedback that just works for me. Maybe it is just the elimination of that natural distraction of wanting to look. If you hear the ping, you made a hit keep moving. Look later.

Does Ernest teach you to wait to hear the sound, or does he teach you to call the shot with your sights and use the sound for confirmation after you're already confident of the hit (or miss) and have moved to the next action?

Top Bottom