Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The Riley Conservation Club, Wabash Valley Practical Pistol Shooters, and the National Wild Turkey Federation will be hosting a ladies day on the range October 13, 2013 at the Riley Conservation Club. This will be a free event, but it will be limited to the first 75 ladies to register. The link to the registration form will be available here very soon.

The Riley Conservation Club, inpartnership with the Wabash Valley Practical Pistol Shooters and the NationalWild Turkey Federation, is pleased to announce Ladies Day on the Range to be held Sunday October 13, 2013. Thisevent will be held at the Riley Conservation Club in Riley, IN. Registrationopens at 11:45 am, and the safety meeting will begin at noon in the clubhouse, activities will conclude at 4:30 pm. Ladiesdesiring quality range time with pistol and shotgun in a safe, structured, andfun environment should register and attend. There is no charge, but pre–registration is required. There will be instruction regarding safety, andshooting but this event is not designed to be formal training, and is not asubstitute for formal training. Shooting is strictly limited to ladies of allages, male friends and family may attend to load magazines and carry bags andoffer general support.

There will be several models of shotgunson hand for ladies to shoot, and the ammo for these guns will be provided. Ladieswith their shotguns, and desiring to shoot them should bring them to the rangeunloaded and in a case or with a chamber flag inserted.

This event will be run as a COLD RANGE.A cold range means that there will be no handling or shooting of guns except inbays while under the supervision of a Range Officer, or in the designated safeareas. Guns must be carried empty, and in a holster or a case between bays.Guns may be handled in the safe area without supervision. Ammunition is notallowed in the safe areas under any circumstances. Ammunition and magazines maybe handled anywhere on the range except the safe areas.

Schedule:
    · 10 am Staff willset up the range
    · 11 am staffmeeting to go over safety rules and procedures
    · 11:45 amregistration opens at the clubhouse.
    · 12:05 pm Safetymeeting for shooters.
    · 12:30 pm shootersrelease to begin shooting
    · 12:30 pm Clinicon gun handling, loading and shooting for novice shooters
    · 2:00 pm rangeclosed for a break and discussion in the clubhouse
    · 2:30 pm Shootingresumes
    · 4:15 pm finalmeeting to conclude the day

Ladies will need:
    · Eye protection(which must be worn at all times on the range)
    · Ear protection(that should be worn at all times on the range)
    · Handgun andammunition for that handgun
    · Handguns must bein a case, bag or box and should be unloaded.
    · Holster for thegun (optional)

The National Wild turkey Federation willhave snacks and concessions for sale throughout the event.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I believe I have email the registration form to everyone who attended last time. Hope to have it posted on a couple of website soon.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    You should throw some carbines in there. We can take a poll on which is easier to operate and which one they'd rather have in a defensive situation.

Not this time. We are trying to keep it manageable. Cannot do everything at once and do it well.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    My two sisters are believed to be registered for this great event. They will be in attendance.

The event went off. Would love to here some feedback here from ladies that were there.

Thanks to WVPPS, NWTF and RCC for the support. The RO crew was good once again. We could not do it without them.

rcs36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Ladies Day at the Range turned out to be a great day. I can not think of anything that could of been done any different. I Thank RCC, staff and sponsors of this event. The RO's did a excellent job. It was a lot of fun and a great confidence builder. The bays were set up with a lot of targets. A special Thanks to Coach for the great job of getting around to help all of the ladies present. I am looking forward to another event in the future. I just wanted to let you know your hard work was appreciated. Thanks again.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I had an enjoyable day.
    Everyone was safe and all the ladies seemed to be having a great time.
    Coach's midday instuction on the proper grip seemed to tighten up groups in the afternoon.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I had an enjoyable day.
    Everyone was safe and all the ladies seemed to be having a great time.
    Coach's midday instuction on the proper grip seemed to tighten up groups in the afternoon.

Ladies tend to listen, and in shooting like most things the fundamentals make a big difference.

Top Bottom