• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Did you go to Europe or was it a pain reliever induced dream of yours (or mine)?

Are you back now, still there, or elsewhere?

Any big surprises?

How did the various nationalities respond to/view Americans?

Anything you would like to share with the rest of the class?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ah, you remembered. I give a report on it later today, but it was pretty awesome. Vienna, Budapest, Berlin, and Dublin.... all in two weeks.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    When I saw you got put in the corner for some time out, my first thought was that you must have gotten home and are now bored.

I am glad you got home safe and I look forward to your full report.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Ah, you remembered. I give a report on it later today, but it was pretty awesome. Vienna, Budapest, Berlin, and Dublin.... all in two weeks.

Post some pics Kut....Of the women and the architecture...But mostly the women....Ever since the Gabor sisters I have always thought Hungarians have a very high hot/to not ratio......

*edit And some Irish ginger lass pics as well...

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    image.jpg

Ok, so our first destination was Vienna, Austria. Had a great hotel. Only a few blocks from this building. It was beautiful, and huge. It looked familiar but I couldn't place it. I looked into it a little closer, and discovered this huge monstrosity was a library. So I guess I was wrong.

image.jpg

Don't fault me for sideways pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      118.9 KB · Views: 13

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So my beautiful second half does a little research (she learned that from me, lol). She discovers the place is called Heldenplatz, which in March of 1938 was the center of the German-speaking world.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Kinda gave me chills, as now in this area people were playing soccer, picnicking, and generally just lounging around.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Vienna was full of beautiful sights, and IMO, and having travel extensively throughout Europe, the most beautiful city in Europe.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      99.2 KB · Views: 8

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The Austrians were very welcoming, and are unlike the Germans and Hungarians (in a general sense) extroverted. Very eager to speak to Anericans, as I literally had people pull up chairs while having dinner wanting to talk.... And typically it's about politics, specifically Donald Trump (a constant theme while in Europe).

For Indiucky and his women question. Austrian women are quite attractive. They are really fit, as they walk or ride bikes EVERYWHERE. They seem intelligence, and appear to relish traditional looks and roles. Lots of dresses, lots of long hair. In speaking to some of them, they talked about how much they admired American men because we are "manly," and "buff." Yes, "buff" I broke out laughing when they said that.
    Apparently, the men's styles that's very common in the more cosmopolitan cities of Europe (Berlin, Vienna, Rome, Paris) is viewed as being effeminate to European women.
    As an American male (the traditional type), and if it's your first trip to Europe, you'll think Europeans are gay (incorrectly). You'll see, on men, plenty of capris, man purses, man buns, rolled up pants above the ankle. It's also not uncommon for men to have dinner together and then go to clubs and dance with each other, often ignoring women (as seen in Vienna and Berlin). Oh, and if you're a country boy, with a little draw, you will be beating the women off of you! Seriously.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    The Austrians were very welcoming, and are unlike the Germans and Hungarians (in a general sense) extroverted. Very eager to speak to Anericans, as I literally had people pull up chairs while having dinner wanting to talk.... And typically it's about politics, specifically Donald Trump (a constant theme while in Europe).

For Indiucky and his women question. Austrian women are quite attractive. They are really fit, as they walk or ride bikes EVERYWHERE. They seem intelligence, and appear to relish traditional looks and roles. Lots of dresses, lots of long hair. In speaking to some of them, they talked about how much they admired American men because we are "manly," and "buff." Yes, "buff" I broke out laughing when they said that.
    Apparently, the men's styles that's very common in the more cosmopolitan cities of Europe (Berlin, Vienna, Rome, Paris) is viewed as being effeminate to European women.
    As an American male (the traditional type), and if it's your first trip to Europe, you'll think Europeans are gay (incorrectly). You'll see, on men, plenty of capris, man purses, man buns, rolled up pants above the ankle. It's also not uncommon for men to have dinner together and then go to clubs and dance with each other, often ignoring women (as seen in Vienna and Berlin). Oh, and if you're a country boy, with a little draw, you will be beating the women off of you! Seriously.

Remind me to wear my spurs when I go, giggity!

Looks like a hell of a trip!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Did you go to Europe or was it a pain reliever induced dream of yours (or mine)?

Are you back now, still there, or elsewhere?

Any big surprises?

How did the various nationalities respond to/view Americans?

Anything you would like to share with the rest of the class?

I can answer that if you want. :):

I know a gay guy from the US who said his "gaydar" felt broken when he traveled to the UK. :):

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ......You'll see, on men, plenty of capris, man purses, man buns, rolled up pants above the ankle. It's also not uncommon for men to have dinner together and then go to clubs and dance with each other, often ignoring women (as seen in Vienna and Berlin). .......

43877121.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I can answer that if you want. :):

I know a gay guy from the US who said his "gaydar" felt broken when he traveled to the UK. :):

Lol, true....but I'm complete confident that his opinion is solely confined to England, and not Wales, Scotland, or N. Ireland. And in London, the east end, they're a pretty stout people as well. Knightsbridge and Chelsea on the other hand, very "forward" thinking. Surely, Sylvain, you've been to your neighbor and longest foe's homeland?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yippee Kye Ya!!!!!!!

Indiucky thinks Kut's Alabama drawl may have been used when ordering meals....:)

Those pics are beautiful Kut.....thanks for posting this....

oh there's more. I have Budapest, Berlin, and Dublin, and ain't even finished with Austria.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    A high school chum of mine retired to Budapest. Had I known you were going, I'd have put you in touch. He and his spouse have been there long enough to be a great local resource if they're not busy conducting tours for expats of the local castles and such.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Very jealous! When I lived in Spain my Budapest/Vienna trip got canceled last minute... I'm in for some more pictures!

I'm planning on going back over as soon as I can get the right amount of time off. Right now I'm going to go next July if everything falls into place correctly. 2 weeks there sounds like a great trip!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Lol, true....but I'm complete confident that his opinion is solely confined to England, and not Wales, Scotland, or N. Ireland. And in London, the east end, they're a pretty stout people as well. Knightsbridge and Chelsea on the other hand, very "forward" thinking. Surely, Sylvain, you've been to your neighbor and longest foe's homeland?

Yeah, it's easy for me to go to the UK.
    I went to Scotland and England (several times), not Ireland yet.
    I also visited all the countries around France at least once.

I'm on the north coast of France (Normandy) so it's just a short boat trip, pretty cheap too, I can go on foot with just a bag or take the car for several days.
    I don't need a passport either, well that was before Brexit.

England is like a second homeland as it used to be part of Normandy when the Duke of Normandy ruled over England.
    If you visit the Tower of London and tell the tour guide you're from Normandy you will get a "Welcome home Sir!". :):
    We built the place and gave the Brits almost half of their vocabulary coming from French and Normand language.

Top Bottom