• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I've been looking for an FDE front sight for my AR build. Everybody seems to be out of stock as far as I can tell.

I am seeing them on EBay for really cheap though - surely these are fakes, right? Is there a good way to tell?

I have an MBUS FDE rear sight and it came carded on plastic. Most of the EBay ones seem to come in brown boxes.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Guess I'm just kinda shocked someone would take the time to knock off a $40 sight, LOL.
    They are called the PTS version and they are made by a chinese company for training and simulation. They are licensed by Magpul to make them and put their name on it but they aren't the same as American Made Magpul. They are more for the airsoft/paintball community. I have seen one on an AR and it seemed to work, but I wouldn't trust my life to it. Plus it doesn't fit on the rails as well as the real ones.

gunner69

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Anderson
    If the sights are being sold as a pair in a box, they're knock-offs. Magpul only sells their sights individually, even the pts. Also the real licensed PTS will say pts on them by the hinge on the sight.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    The PTS Magpul MBUS rear sight worked pretty well on my AR but the front sight didn't adjust up or down correctly. I also bought a PTS MS2 sling, would not suggest it though, it is very cheaply made.

Top Bottom