• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    A guy's gotta do something when the winter months are long and lonely and he can't get out to the range.

courtesy-hotelswelove.com_.jpeg

Last edited:

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I'll admit.. I've done my fair share of counted crossstitch in my time, but never tried knitting.

Heck, I'd probably still have a needle if I didnt pick up other hobbies that weren't so time consuming.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    actually, thats a good thing to know. Maybe not knitting, but Im glad that I learned how to sew. Saved me a lot of money on uniforms, and holsters as well.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    That's why my other hobbies include mountain biking and automobiles. Though I probably spend the most time researching guns by a wide margin.

trip007

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Good read on the accompanying article. As far as the knitting, to each his own I guess. I prefer to use the winter months to catch up on reloading.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I knew a little old church going lady who was gaining mental problem with her old age...she knits sleeves for homeless guys to keep thier penises warm. No joke!

thoughtful, yes...but seriously? What made it worse was that she would put little bells at the end of it so they would make noise as they walked down the street.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    A man needs to have at least some skills with a needle. How else will he put all those tactical-themed patches on his jacket?

savage308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    Question, why does it seem that no one shoots in the winter. For me that is when I get most of my shooting done. Crops are out, work slows down a bit, hunting season is over and fishing season has yet to start.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Question, why does it seem that no one shoots in the winter. For me that is when I get most of my shooting done. Crops are out, work slows down a bit, hunting season is over and fishing season has yet to start.

Because its cold and my family jewels shrivel up

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

I try to shoot in the winter, less people at the range, more time to try and break in new equipment and less people drooling over your gear. Not that I mind the drooling part, I dont even mind letting people shoot my fire arms, but sometimes you just want to sight something in, or get some training done, and everyone standing around makes it a little more difficult.

Top Bottom