• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I would not base anything off of that 'tards musings. His methods have been discredited on all of the credible knife sites. This is the reason he added his own forum to that mess. He is a drama queen of the first order. He seems to take great delight in breaking high end knives just to smear their makers.

His "tests" are definitely non-scientific and subject to MUCH interpretation.

BK6

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I would not base anything off of that 'tards musings. His methods have been discredited on all of the credible knife sites. This is the reason he added his own forum to that mess. He is a drama queen of the first order. He seems to take great delight in breaking high end knives just to smear their makers.

His "tests" are definitely non-scientific and subject to MUCH interpretation.

BK6

I found it funny that he seems to run out of gas before the knife does. He also seems to favor Cold Steel models rating them as high or higher than knives from more reputable makers...

bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Sorry Ty, I'm old and grouchy and hate idiots. Noss qualifies in the idiot category, I've had several
    "discussions" with him over on BF and he has yet to impress me- either with intellect or demeanor.

He thinks the sun rises out of Lynn Thompson's butt (Cold Steal CEO), between that and his so called "tests" I have no respect for him nor his opinions.

If I told how I really feel and why, I'd be getting an IP ban about now. (and I'm startin' to like it here.)

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    no complaints from me. I never said anything about him as a person as I could care less. as far as LT:rolleyes:(yes I'm familiar with him and have just as much contempt for him as most people passionate about knives) I can't say I've ever seen him go light on his knives in the test. the actual tests are pretty much uniform from knife to knife so I see that as fairly objective testing aside from the the knives he chooses to use. are his tests indicative of normal or even hard use? no, he abuses them to the point of breakage and in my feeble mind I relate that to some sort of reliability if they fair well.

Sorry Ty, I'm old and grouchy and hate idiots. Noss qualifies in the idiot category, I've had several
    "discussions" with him over on BF and he has yet to impress me- either with intellect or demeanor.

He thinks the sun rises out of Lynn Thompson's butt (Cold Steal CEO), between that and his so called "tests" I have no respect for him nor his opinions.

If I told how I really feel and why, I'd be getting an IP ban about now. (and I'm startin' to like it here.)

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    a few tests have merit... but not alot of them.... he does abuse knives fairly well..... but he also does different makers differently........

anyone can break a knife. i could break anything you put in front of me (hey! quit typing those nasty busse pm's guys! stop it!! hahaha).... nothing is really told by most of his tests... some, but not many........

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    ImportedPhotos00036.jpg

TADPOLE!

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I'm gonna send it to noss:laugh::laugh::laugh:

doh!

:shoot:

shes a necker, not a hacker!!! she can slice like a scalpel, and carries like a dream. fits the hand great! and the dip on the spine give you a index for your thumb on fine work... her original intent was a carry knife for chicago... and she did well... even unheat treated!! :laugh: the trip snuck up on me!!!! and then... i figured out, even fixed blades are banned there, even with a 2.5" blade!!! oooops!!!

as too torture... one is a carry knife for a PAL in CA... and she is bad to da bone (owner, not the knife!).. the first, the proto, resided in Elkhart, with another PAL.... number three is in Afghanistan... along with numbers 4-8 in that general, sandy area... :patriot:

Top Bottom