• techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    From today's Herald Times (Bloomington Paper):

Local man accused of child molesting, intimidation (Requires Subscription so quoted in full) -

A Bloomington man was arrested on three charges Thursday after two females reported he acted inappropriately during a car ride.

Christopher Scites, 31, faces preliminary charges of child molestation, intimidation with a deadly weapon and sexual battery.

Bloomington Police Department officer Ben Burns responded to a call to the 2300 block of South Rogers Street. A woman reported that Scites had threatened her with a knife.

According to Burns’ report, the woman received a call from her 12-year-old daughter, who said she’d been touched by Scites. When the woman returned home, she saw Scites in the parking lot outside her residence. As she got out of her car, she said, Scites approached her, pulled out a knife and yelled “I’m going to get you,” according to the police report.

The woman said she ran into her home and called police.

Police interviewed the woman, who said Scites also assaulted a 22-year-old woman. Burns interviewed the 22-year-old, who said she needed a ride to the library and Scites offered the use of his car. The woman, a 12-year-old girl and Scites all got into the his van. Upon returning home from the library, the woman said, Scites began touching her and making sexual advances.

The woman told Scites to stop. The woman said Scites then climbed into the back of the van, where he began talking to the young girl.

The girl told police Scites began touching her inappropriately and making advances toward her. Eventually Scites returned to the front passenger seat and again began making advances toward the 22-year-old woman, the police report said. When they returned home, the two females ran inside their homes. The 12-year-old girl then called her mother to report what had happened.

Police found Scites at home, and he denied touching the woman and the girl although he did say he was in the van with them.

Scites was taken to the Monroe County Jail. Bond was set at $10,000 surety, $500 cash.

I.E. You get a call from your nanny/oldest daughter that a man had assaulted your 12 year old. You race home and find him in your front yard threatening you with a knife....

No better reason to have been carrying all along. So many ways that story could have ended.

Prayers for the family involved as well as for justice to be done.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I.E. You get a call from your nanny/oldest daughter that a man had assaulted your 12 year old. You race home and find him in your front yard threatening you with a knife....

No better reason to have been carrying all along. So many ways that story could have ended.

And that IS why I carry...:twocents:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    As for what would happen if I was not home. Well my wife is German and not real comfortable with firearms yet. However My Pit and her German Shepherd are both level 2 shutzhund dogs. A knife against two trained dogs. Hummmm... Sounds fair to me.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I hope there is more to this story than what we've read here because as is it doesn't add up. Had the kid or the 22 year old exited the van screaming and drawn attention at the time it becomes more believable. Seems to me this guy was arrested on nothing but the word of an individual. Don't get me wrong. If things actually happened as stated it would be time for ashes to ashes payback, but we don't know that from this story. I've seen too many cases of this type that turned out to be nothing more than made up vengance.

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    Lesson:

Men don't hang out with women not your Wife.

Don't have a wife ? GET ONE ! and don't try to get the milk first! And be nice! and yes I know too many exclamation points. !! -> !

Oh yeah and make sure your wife can protect herself

And your 12 yr old daughter can Protect herself.

And don't put / allow her into positions where you can not protect her and she has lessoned chances of protecting herself.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    IC 35-33-1-4
    Any person
    Sec. 4. (a) Any person may arrest any other person if:
    (1) the other person committed a felony in his presence;
    (2) a felony has been committed and he has probable cause to believe that the other person has committed that felony; or
    (3) a misdemeanor involving a breach of peace is being committed in his presence and the arrest is necessary to prevent the continuance of the breach of peace.
    (b) A person making an arrest under this section shall, as soon as practical, notify a law enforcement officer and deliver custody of the person arrested to a law enforcement officer.
    (c) The law enforcement officer may process the arrested person as if the officer had arrested him. The officer who receives or processes a person arrested by another under this section is not liable for false arrest or false imprisonment.
    As added by Acts 1981, P.L.298, SEC.2. Amended by Acts 1982, P.L.204, SEC.7.

Knife comes out, gun goes "bang." It's really just that simple.

Josh <><

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    All I know is I have 2 daughters and if anyone aduses them in any way I WILL KILL THEM end of story ! Even if I have to hunt them down . Im not afraid of prision time when it comes to my family :patriot:

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    yes, somethings missing in this story...its not clear if they were random aqauintances or neighbors, friends, etc. Sounds like the mom sat there while this guy was hopping all around the van. now, if this is a true child molester, then death to him. Its amazing how much rights are afforded to child molesters. my former dentist's son was one, convited many times, and continualy put back on the street. Now hes a big 6' 2"+ bearded freak thats living back in bloomington. amazing

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    All I know is I have 2 daughters and if anyone aduses them in any way I WILL KILL THEM end of story ! Even if I have to hunt them down . Im not afraid of prision time when it comes to my family :patriot:

I can't fault your intention, however I would suggest you consider: Who's going to protect them when you're getting buggered by Bubba? It's not your fear or lack thereof of prison time, but your responsibility to them that you'd then be unable to fulfill.

I am also a father. I know the emotions that go into a post like yours. Leaving my family defenseless is not on my agenda, so while if the threat is immediate and unavoidable, I will defend them to the best of my ability, I will not "hunt them down"-God forbid I missed and the perp then came back while I was behind bars... Not something I'm willing to chance.

:twocents: YMMV.

Blessings,
    B

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Bill is right!

Hopefully, none of us will ever wind up in court defending our actions. If that does ever happen though, the last thing you'll want is the prosecutor reading the threatening posts you made on this public forum.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I can't fault your intention, however I would suggest you consider: Who's going to protect them when you're getting buggered by Bubba? It's not your fear or lack thereof of prison time, but your responsibility to them that you'd then be unable to fulfill.

I am also a father. I know the emotions that go into a post like yours. Leaving my family defenseless is not on my agenda, so while if the threat is immediate and unavoidable, I will defend them to the best of my ability, I will not "hunt them down"-God forbid I missed and the perp then came back while I was behind bars... Not something I'm willing to chance.

:twocents: YMMV.

Blessings,
    B

:+1:

Been entirely too close to being there/doing that.

And it seems I've got to "share the love" before I can rep you again.

Top Bottom