• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freeclimber57

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    I recently bought the kimber solo and just shot about 40 rounds through it today. loved the gun, trigger is great for a d.a.o. groups pretty well at 15 yrds with self protection loads and my hand loads. Only prob is they are all 10 to 15 inches low. As far as I can tell there are no windage adjustments. Anyone had this prob or experience with the solo? How did you fix it? Or am I going to havr to get used to using Kentucky windage with it?!:D

Thanks for input

Compuvette

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Just got rid of a Solo. Shot to point of aim, just not reliable. Im glad you got a good one. I think they are hit and miss.

ETA-I must eat my words on this one.

I picked it back up because I liked the size/power and design too much to give up on it. Well, after switching ammo it runs like a champ! I ran 150 rounds of DAG 124gr NATO FMJ and 50 rounds of Federal 124gr HST through it today without a hitch. Mine did not like Winchester FMJ. Don't know why. Runs just fine on NATO 9mm and HST.

Also, shot right where it should. No problems there.

Last edited:

Compuvette

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Ok, yeah I got a question about that and you already know what it is!! :):

Yea, I'm gonna give it another chance........

I'm thinking I'll send it back to Kimber and see if they can fix it. Just like the package too well.

I'm a fickle little B-itch and I know it (well, with some guns).

jotto

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    NW Indiana
    I own a Solo CDP and haven't had any issues with it. It's a little snappy in the hand but that's to be expected in such a small package. Other than that it's been flawless for me.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I have a Solo and I had problems with shooting on target for the first few mags, then after I got comfortable with the trigger pull and such, it shot to point of aim. Nice pistol and I plan to keep mine around.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I recently bought the kimber solo and just shot about 40 rounds through it today. loved the gun, trigger is great for a d.a.o. groups pretty well at 15 yrds with self protection loads and my hand loads. Only prob is they are all 10 to 15 inches low. As far as I can tell there are no windage adjustments. Anyone had this prob or experience with the solo? How did you fix it? Or am I going to havr to get used to using Kentucky windage with it?!:D

Thanks for input

First of all, if you are hitting 10 to 15 inches low at 15 yards you have an elevation issue, not a windage issue. Are the sights adjustable? I'm not familiar with the Solo, but most sub-compacts have fixed sights. Are they 3 dot, dot-the-i or some other type sights? A little more information about your sights would be helpful.

Top Bottom