• ...and so much more!
  • rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    It's small, and limited capacity.

Personally, each one I've seen has been troublesome for its operator. But admittedly, that's a limited sample size (5-ish) so I'm not saying there aren't fine examples out there.

I would recommend thorough training against multiple targets with your carry ammo, should you decide to EDC.

*EDIT - Knew I'd seen some of this before

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Had a few but not one worth keeping.

Too **** tight to function well until you run the **** out of it.

JMO, YMMV

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My brother in law has one. Very nice looking gun, feels great in the hand, and is a nice shooter. He has had a couple hiccups so far, probably only 300 rounds at this point. Like BigRed stated, very tight tolerances.

I'm not saying don't get one, but if you do and plan to carry it, I suggest hit the range hard with it and really test it out / break it in.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I have one. It works fine for me. Dont think I've ever had a problem. Its a compromise gun. In that I mean you give up somethings to have somethings.
    Its small and hard to handle with defensive ammo. But it hides well. Its 8 rounds not 15 but it fits in the palm of your hand. I would say it has its place.
    It wouldn't be my only gun though. Its a good "other" gun for special circumstances.

kjdoski

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    I want to love the micro 9mm 1911s, because I love all things 1911. Unfortunately, even though SAO, they don't tend to have the 1911's superb trigger, and the difficulty of manipulating the shrunken controls doesn't fill me with confidence as a serious use pistol. I've heard fairly few reports of exceptional reliability in any of them for any kind of hard use.

A Shield Plus or P365 is similar in size and weight, holds more rounds, and is likely to be a lot more reliable. Yeah, they're soul-less plastic abominations, but, for a tiny defensive gun, sometimes compromises are required.

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    I'm a lefty and rented one several times. After about 20 rounds it would hurt my hand due to some sharp edges. I suggest you rent one several times before buying.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I got one, it’s a good shooter. I used to carry it all the time on my motorcycle but for some reason when i would get parked and check the gun the safety would be off 20% of the time. I stopped carrying it but still have it.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Compromise gun is a good way of putting it. It's plenty accurate if you take your time. It has a good but not great trigger (keep in mind it only superficially, cosmetically resembles a 1911. Nothing but the ammo is actually in common with one). Ergonomics are good for a tiny gun with hard, sharp edges.

I will agree with the sentiment about having to run 100-300 rounds through it to work it in. Also note that kimber suggests replacing the recoil spring at like 1000 or 2000 rounds triggering another break in period.

As with all tiny guns, very sensitive to grip and ammo. Big guns have larger margins for error, little guns have small margins for error. Similarly for any 9mm that small/light, it's snappy. No two ways around it.

If you have meaty hands and a high grip, the slide will probably bite.

Overall: I wouldn't be against having or shooting one again but wouldn't seek it out. Mags are available and not crazy priced. If you're looking for a compact 9mm and don't mind the up front cost and high-strung nature from being a kimber, go for it.

Rooster: That's as much a holster issue as a gun issue.

Top Bottom