• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll just echo what everyone else said. For a 1911, you need to have that belt and a good holster hanging off of it. Without either, you'll come to hate carrying that gun and might lose interest in the platform. My favorite holsters are the Kramer Scabbard in horsehide. They are hard molded like Kydex, yet don't hurt the finish of the gun. They are hard on the wallet though.

Makes me wonder why nobody has ever come out with a gun carriers wallet. It would be like most other wallets, just with fast draw features so it can be emptied quickly when you see the next gun you just have to buy right now.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Raptor you will need a belt. Trust me buy a belt. Not a WalMart work belt but a gun belt. Galco, Belt Man, DalTach force Bull or bio belt.

holsters I like Comp-Tac, Milt Sparks or Mitch Rosen. Don Hume is functional budget leather. Galco should be OK.

Good advice :yesway:

Watch the classifieds for good deals also. About half the holsters I own have come from there. 5.11 makes a very nice gun dress belt if ever in need. You know. Weddings and funerals and such.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Yeah I was looking for something that would be easy on the finish.

I hate to be the one to say this BUT....That Kimber's finish will turn to doo-doo just sitting in the box.
    I have the same model and on the Slide Stop side it's got dimples in the finish and some even look like gravel chips on the hood of the truck.
    Great shooters, dependable with good ammo, and don't worry about it.
    IF you're picky about it just let Alan put some lipstick on it. Any color you want.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have to wear suspenders when I roll with a full size but I am an :fogey: fat gut.....:):
    Hang on now, I'm 50 which by my way of thinking is not old and I wear suspenders and a tie to work almost every day! This has been my look since about 2008. And I'm not fat! Well, not super fat. Average fat.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    SharkTac at the 1500 is hands down the best holster maker there. Brandon the guy who runs the operation is awesome he will take really good care of you. They have pre made kydex ready to go or if you want they can custom mold a holster to your Kimber while you walk around the show. There is a reason every single one of my holsters comes from these guys. And as everyone is saying get a really good gun belt the 1911's are a heavy platform and a good thick belt and quality holster make all the difference. Now SharkTac is a little more expensive than some of the other holster makers there, but the cheaper people use a lower quality thermo plastic instead of real Kydex (the lower quality stuff becomes brittle and will wear the finish on your Kimber faster than leather or Kydex will) The Truth About Kydex Holsters - The Truth About Guns
    WWbqJ6Th.jpg
    +1 on SharkTac. I've been using them for several years and have nothing but good things to say about them. Yes, they are more expensive than a lot of kydex holsters out there but you get what you pay for. How do you like their hybrid kydex and leather holster? I've been tempted to try one but I'm curious how well the leather will hold up to my sweat (and I sweat a lot especially in the summers which is why I used kydex).

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    +1 on SharkTac. I've been using them for several years and have nothing but good things to say about them. Yes, they are more expensive than a lot of kydex holsters out there but you get what you pay for. How do you like their hybrid kydex and leather holster? I've been tempted to try one but I'm curious how well the leather will hold up to my sweat (and I sweat a lot especially in the summers which is why I used kydex).

I really like it personally, it is pretty high quality and very soft against the skin. For a while the Hybrids were my first choice until I started using AIWB.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    I really like it personally, it is pretty high quality and very soft against the skin. For a while the Hybrids were my first choice until I started using AIWB.

I'll probably get one next time I go to the gun show. Saw them a couple of shows ago and didn't realize they made them and have been debating on getting one ever since. I haven't gotten into the AIWB craze (nor the 9mm craze) so it's probably worth giving a hybrid holster a try.

Top Bottom