• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Did I miss it in the article where it mentioned it was Oblamers neighborhood? Chicago is starting off on another record breaking year for murders. Why doesn't that get brought up in all the media hoopla over gun control? That is a rhetorical question btw.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Rahm is shedding crocodile tears, but I consider it a bet marginally safer than betting on the sun coming up in the morning that we are not going to hear him having a mea culpa about how gun control doesn't work and declare that we have to stop the death of innocents by actively protecting ourselves and our communities followed by a repeal of the de facto Chicago gun ban.

Kirk, thanks for the geography lesson. It hadn't registered on me, and probably wouldn't have, that this happened practically within earshot of Obama's home.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I thought owning a gun in Chicago was illegal?

Chicago's handgun freeze of 1983 was ruled illegal in the McDonald decision.

Owning a pistol is now subject to a maze of regulations in Chicago for the law-abiding.

Note that convicted felons do not have to comply with Chicago's license and registration requirements as it is a violation of their Fifth Amendment rights under Haynes.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Chicago's handgun freeze of 1983 was ruled illegal in the McDonald decision.

Owning a pistol is now subject to a maze of regulations in Chicago for the law-abiding.

Note that convicted felons do not have to comply with Chicago's license and registration requirements as it is a violation of their Fifth Amendment rights under Haynes.

Well it's not illegal to own a pistol all you have to do is this, this, that, this and....you get the point. But as long as you meet all the requirements then you may proceed. :rolleyes:

Chicago law does not work.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Already hit 41 people murdered by a gun, Chicago is looking to rack up a high score. Most didn't perform at Obama's overpriced party so nobody cares.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well it's not illegal to own a pistol all you have to do is this, this, that, this and....you get the point. But as long as you meet all the requirements then you may proceed. :rolleyes:

Chicago law does not work.

Exactly. It merely converted a de jure ban into a de facto ban while nominally allowing ownership.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    While I agree that Chicago gun control does not work, how does that apply here? How is this an example of that failed policy? Teens gunned down by criminals believing them to be from a rival gang.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    While I agree that Chicago gun control does not work, how does that apply here? How is this an example of that failed policy? Teens gunned down by criminals believing them to be from a rival gang.

Because if the law actually worked, she would still be drawing breath today? And some punk would have had to throw rocks at his target? :dunno:

Has Rahm spoken out yet?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Without disarming the upstanding population, attrition would set in eventually as these little thugs get thinned out by their intended victims.

Top Bottom