• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The sheriff statement last year, evidence suggests she was a willing participant shooting at officers.
    The media got the video released under the freedom of information act.

That significant mistakes were made, at least from a safety stand point if not other issues, seem clear, but this is a weird one. The whole "kidnapped" thing may not be accurate. I think that came from the amber alert, but that doesn't mean she was kidnapped. Weird.

"A helicopter crew following the chase reported shots fired from the driver’s side. Other shots were fired from the passenger’s side, according to a deputy and a passing motorist. It is unclear who was shooting from the pickup truck."

"Wearing tactical gear and a helmet, the teenager gets out of the pickup truck from the passenger side and runs toward the deputy, briefly crouching to the ground as he continues to give her commands."

"Savannah Graziano was not armed when she was shot."

"Savannah Graziano witnessed her mother’s slaying from the backseat of her father’s pickup truck but did not move to help her, authorities said. Her father jumped out with a handgun and fired several times at Martinez [mother] near an elementary school during morning drop-off, forcing students and parents to dive for cover. Anthony Graziano also shot at a father and child near the school.

Anthony Graziano had moved out of the family’s home a month or two before the killing, as the couple went through a divorce, Fontana police have said. Savannah Graziano left with her father, while her younger brother stayed with their mother.

Anthony Graziano and his daughter had been living out of his pickup truck and hotels for weeks before the violence, police said at the time. There were no reports of domestic violence or child abuse."

"Officials issued an Amber Alert for Savannah Graziano following the shooting in Fontana, though authorities later questioned whether she went with her father willingly."

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    First off, that was a terrible thing that happened. I cannot imagine the emotional weight of blowing a call that results in innocent death.

The whole adversarial relationship between Peace officers in every level and John Q Public really took off under Barak Obummer. Every time an officer got out of the car, it became sport to harass and hinder his performance of legal duty. Idiots that have never done a single productive thing in their lives are now going out of their way to harass officers who are trying to perform their sworn duties. The pathetic losers fancy themselves as a high authority to keep cops in line.

It is a wonder that every call does not result in a shooting.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    That significant mistakes were made, at least from a safety stand point if not other issues, seem clear, but this is a weird one. The whole "kidnapped" thing may not be accurate. I think that came from the amber alert, but that doesn't mean she was kidnapped. Weird.

"A helicopter crew following the chase reported shots fired from the driver’s side. Other shots were fired from the passenger’s side, according to a deputy and a passing motorist. It is unclear who was shooting from the pickup truck."

"Wearing tactical gear and a helmet, the teenager gets out of the pickup truck from the passenger side and runs toward the deputy, briefly crouching to the ground as he continues to give her commands."

"Savannah Graziano was not armed when she was shot."

"Savannah Graziano witnessed her mother’s slaying from the backseat of her father’s pickup truck but did not move to help her, authorities said. Her father jumped out with a handgun and fired several times at Martinez [mother] near an elementary school during morning drop-off, forcing students and parents to dive for cover. Anthony Graziano also shot at a father and child near the school.

Anthony Graziano had moved out of the family’s home a month or two before the killing, as the couple went through a divorce, Fontana police have said. Savannah Graziano left with her father, while her younger brother stayed with their mother.

Anthony Graziano and his daughter had been living out of his pickup truck and hotels for weeks before the violence, police said at the time. There were no reports of domestic violence or child abuse."

"Officials issued an Amber Alert for Savannah Graziano following the shooting in Fontana, though authorities later questioned whether she went with her father willingly."
    Is that even a thing? Questioning a minor child of why did you go willingly with your father? Well she went willingly with her criminal father she definitely deserves to die in a hail of gunfire. WTF over.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Is that even a thing? Questioning a minor child of why did you go willingly with your father? Well she went willingly with her criminal father she definitely deserves to die in a hail of gunfire. WTF over.
    If the headline is "abducted teen" or "kidnap victim". Whether she was abducted seems to be an issue of some sort. It doesn't determine whether she "should be" shot, but there seem to be some questions at this point about her involvement. Maybe it's all a smoke screen. I don't know.

Last edited:

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    I saw this earlier and couldn't believe what I saw. Disgusting.
    I hope everyone responsible is relegated to door dash for a living.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    It seems pretty apparent one officer knew they were dealing with a noncombatant passenger, the others did not. It is a communication snafu and a shame. The cop who ordered her "come to me" was trying to get her out of the fire zone, but will now have to live with the idea he actually drew her towards her death, because his fellow officers are nincompoops who can't identify a threat. Don't know how he's going to be okay after this.

When I was a kid, a local school bus driver signaled a child to cross the street to the bus...right before a driver went full retard and plowed over them. I always wondered how long the bus driver replayed that in their mind.

Hopefully the competent cop doesn't have to continue working with his f*cktard coworkers. Those officers need a "Private Pyle Blanket Party" administered to them by their teammates. If they still have a job, it should be writing accident reports.

It really makes you wonder about ever following a LE order to advance toward officers, when it's stressful and other officers are involved.

...in before "multiple agencies / deconfliction," etc.

Last edited:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Where’s the outrage from those in blue that know better And do better?
    Probably have lousy excuses like "Don't have all the access to all the facts available to make an informed conclusion" or "Don't want to pass judgement based on sensationalist headlines and conflicting media reports" or the laziest one of all "Frequently officers are judged negatively based on one side of a story and, as I wouldn't want others to judge my actions based on limited information, I shouldn't judge others"

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

On YouTube now.

The father killed the mother then took his daughter?
    The police catch him kill him and the daughter?
    Whole family wiped out in one day?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Probably have lousy excuses like "Don't have all the access to all the facts available to make an informed conclusion" or "Don't want to pass judgement based on sensationalist headlines and conflicting media reports" or the laziest one of all "Frequently officers are judged negatively based on one side of a story and, as I wouldn't want others to judge my actions based on limited information, I shouldn't judge others"
    Don't forget "She could have been shot by her Dad, this was confusing and we don't know all the facts..."

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    To determine the SHOOTING officers' level of civil and criminal liability, we need to know what each officer knew/saw at the time they fired their weapons. Only then will you be able to try to make sense of this goat rope.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Let’s look and some of the available information.

1. She witnessed the murder of her mother apparently without emotion. This is according to eyewitnesses.

2. The father and daughter moved out about a month ago. She chose to leave with her father. They were living in hotels and in the truck.

3. Shots were fired from both sides of the vehicle.

4. Why was she kitted up?

I think that if you are in a helmet and kit have just raised the bar on threat level.

The other Officer may have not heard the command due to auditory exclusion.

IME fire fights are goat roping events the first side that screw’s up loses.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Let’s look and some of the available information.

1. She witnessed the murder of her mother apparently without emotion. This is according to eyewitnesses.

2. The father and daughter moved out about a month ago. She chose to leave with her father. They were living in hotels and in the truck.

3. Shots were fired from both sides of the vehicle.

4. Why was she kitted up?

I think that if you are in a helmet and kit have just raised the bar on threat level.

The other Officer may have not heard the command due to auditory exclusion.

IME fire fights are goat roping events the first side that screw’s up loses.
    Denny's "what did the shooting officer know" admonition cuts both ways. "One" through "Three" can be shown to be essentially irrelevant at the moment the decision to shoot was made, and "Four" (the content of which has been blocked from public view in the available FOIA video) sorta resembles how you're dressed in your own avatar pic, and is more or less equivalent to "baggy pants." Your "eyewitnesses" stuff may or may not have even been known to them, when they made the decision to shoot.

But anyway, that's the problem with the "what did they know" defense. The test for the victim happened on the day of the shooting. But the officers' test, if it happens at all, doesn't happen for months. And they get to study for it. It's open-book, and they can be "coached" and can "improve" the details of "what they knew" right up until that day, with the benefit of all sorts of added "eyewitness details" that were potentially not actually in evidence to them at the time of the shooting.

Last edited:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    more or less equivalent to "baggy pants."
    Context matters.

But the officers' test, if it happens at all, doesn't happen for months. And they get to study for it. It's open-book, and they can be "coached" and can "improve" the details of "what they knew" right up until that day, with the benefit of all sorts of added "eyewitness details" that were potentially not actually in evidence to them at the time of the shooting.
    Are there agencies with policies that allow "months" for officers to complete written reports on critical incidents? It is typically required as soon as reasonably possible. Cheating on that kind of "test" doesn't result in expulsion from school, it gets time in a cage. Every cop who signs the bottom line on a report knows that.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Context matters.

Are there agencies with policies that allow "months" for officers to complete written reports on critical incidents? It is typically required as soon as reasonably possible. Cheating on that kind of "test" doesn't result in expulsion from school, it gets time in a cage. Every cop who signs the bottom line on a report knows that.
    We're not talking about "altering" material details of a report. We're talking about officers having time to "remember additional details" potentially relevant to a legal defense.

It may not be credible. But it's not illegal.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Looking back at this thread why are we holding this teen to a different standard ?

If we have teens shooting up a mall the group wants to throw the key away.

In this situation someone was actually shooting out of the passenger side of the vehicle. Hitting civilians and Police vehicles numerous times.

Oh, The school has video of the mother/wife murder the girl was definitely not giving a ($/: that her mom was being gunned down.

Video shows someone shooting a gun from the passenger side while the truck is driving 100mph.

She was not kidnapped she was with her father she even went into a gas station on her own. That’s how the chase started.

I think this is a Bonnie and Clyde story the details will come out something just doesn’t fit.

Top Bottom