• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Does anyone here use these? And more importantly, have you ever had a failure with any of them? Thinking of buying some for a G19, but won't waste my time if they are problem-ridden.

BTW, to anyone not in the know, KCI mags are made in Korea, to Glock specifications. They can be found for about half the price of Glock factory magazines.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I haven't shot with mine yet, but they all fit/hand cycle fine. For $10 + shipping a piece, you can't go wrong! :)

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I have severely beaten the crap out of mine and with no issues. IF you get a good one (some QC issues?), I personally dont see why you cant carry them. Some folks have had issues, but this is what I have seen with them:

1. Springs wear out quick on some, minor QC (just like a Kimber, you get a good one, its great, perfect. You get a bad one, smelt it for it's materials). Considering how they can use the factory Glock follower and spring, this shouldnt be an issue. 12 bucks for the mag plus 10 bucks (or less) for new follower and spring= still cheaper than many factory Glock mags available.
    2. Most of the issues with them seemed to be with folks with converted Glocks, specifically the 40-9 conversion barrels. Without an extractor change, this is bollixing up the results on these fine mags. It's like saying that damn injector cleaning stuff isnt helping my engine when I have a blown headgasket.

If it runs for you, dont be scared of em!

Supposedly the Glock speedloader doesnt work with them, but I am not arthritic nor a pantywaist, so that doesnt matter. I need to dig up one of my Glock +1 extensions and see if they fit! :D

34oSc

I'd buy the real Glock mags.
    Glock does alot to support shooting sports.
    I'd go to Bob Cheeks or Elmores or Bradis and pony up the cash for the real deal.
    If you need to buy online try Brownells, but I'd still get real Glock mags.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    Buying KCI mags for your Glock is no different than buying Magpul mags to use in your Bushmaster or C-products mags in your DPMS. Its just another choice.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Buying KCI mags for your Glock is no different than buying Magpul mags to use in your Bushmaster or C-products mags in your DPMS. Its just another choice.

Well that is a reasonable analogy, but honestly some magazines are better than others. National and Triple K magazines, based on my experience, are not even close to Mec-Gar, Magpul or C-Products. KCI is a new player, it is reasonable to ask about their quality. While magazines look like very simple things, they are the leading cause of failure for any semi-auto.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    That be true: Scherer and Promag made mags for the Glocks and they both Wang Chung. KCI however, was contracted to make G19 mags for the military and police issued G19s of the ROK forces. I would consider them like a Korean Mecgar or Checkmate.

As for "jut buy a glock mag" crowd, if you dont trust them for carry, they at least make a good practice mag, saving your Glock mag springs for more dangerous duty elsewhere. More reliable and better built than the other aftermarket mags before them, they are capable of soaking up some real damage. I would trust the KCI to carry, but I did have two that were not up to snuff, relegating them to practice duty, but that was out of an ammo can of these mags. Needless to say, they are a good mag. I didnt think Glocks were capable of the same snobbery as the 1911 crowd! :D:D (just kidding!)

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I've been trying to find out if KCI is making the magazines via a license from Glock. This wouldn't be the first time an international company ignored another's intellectual property rights regarding firearms and related accessories (SPS comes to mind immediately.) I'm NOT saying this is happening with KCI, I'm just wondering if they are playing by the rules?

BTW - if you need real Glock mags, I still have some for sale

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I have some of the G17 KCI mags (bought a case at $10 each). I've only had them a week and have used them twice - they worked fine. Fit and finish isn't quite as good as original Glock mags. I plan to use them for USPSA where mags get dropped in mud and rocks; I intend to keep using Glock mags for carry.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've been trying to find out if KCI is making the magazines via a license from Glock...
    Unknown to me if it is licensed or not. Do they need a license for a design as old as the Glock design? Do Triple K, National, Mec Gar etc have/need a license to make magazines for all the different brands they make magazines for? I don't know, I'm really asking.

In any case, I believe the KCI 'Glock' magazines that we can buy for $10 each are the same ones used by the Republic of Korea military. I've not had any trouble with mine.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I tried my KCI mags yesterday. So far, no trouble.

The finish on them isn't quite as nice as Glock factory mags, but they can be dressed up. Regardless, function seems to be ok. Longevity is the remaining question, and we shall see.

Perhaps Glock will feel some pressure with a new competitor in the market?

Top Bottom