• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    I have to send in my wife's Kahr K40, for some failure to feed issues. Had problems with it since new. Struggled to get through the 200 round break in.

How long should I expect them to have the gun before it gets sent back? Never shipped a firearm before. Somewhat nervous it will get lost, or stolen!

bigbang

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Check out the Kahr forum. They'll be able to tell you what to expect. Fortunately my 1st one was fine and gets carried. Haven't had a chance to shoot the second one yet. Fingers crossed!

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I have a CW45 that I traded an Ingo member here for and had to send it in for two problems. I got it back within a month and after a proving process it is my EDC.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    FYI, OP:

If you are not the first owner of this gun do NOT volunteer that information to them.

I don't advocate that you lie to them if asked, but their warranty hasn't been "lifetime" for a handful of years now.

-J-

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    FYI, OP:

If you are not the first owner of this gun do NOT volunteer that information to them.

I don't advocate that you lie to them if asked, but their warranty hasn't been "lifetime" for a handful of years now.

-J-

Original owner. Bought it mostly because my wife wanted one. I really like it, but have no faith in it now.

When I get it back, if I decide to keep it, i will have to put SEVERAL hundred rounds through it to even consider carrying it. I just expect a failure to feed every time I pull the trigger!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Original owner. Bought it mostly because my wife wanted one. I really like it, but have no faith in it now.

When I get it back, if I decide to keep it, i will have to put SEVERAL hundred rounds through it to even consider carrying it. I just expect a failure to feed every time I pull the trigger!

I hear ya.

Mine came back the first time - I worked on another 200rd break-in period. Then realized the mag catch was bad. It would drop the mag (somewhat forcefully) on the next-to-last round in every mag. Very strange malfunction.

Got it back...again...and then put another flawless 250 rounds through it.

I sold it at full disclosure because *I* could no longer trust THAT gun.

I still like Kahrs. I just don't like their polymer guns in .40S&W. :D (And my buddy's P45 was a turd, too)

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Did you check the followers? They have been known to break.

This problem was (supposedly) rectified several years ago.

Until I read this, I'd forgotten that 2/3 of my followers broke. They did send me free replacements. While on the phone with them - they told me that it was an issue with the polymer blend that their vendor was using and that it had been rectified by the time I'd called them.

That was the issue with widespread mag follower breakage anyhow.

Still - check your followers to be sure.

-J-

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Turn around time is totally dependent on their workload. I've only heard good things about their customer service and warranty repairs.

Top Bottom