• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Too bad that idiot prosecutor in Marion County cannot understand these basic tenets of a prosecutor’s job! Just imagine the lives that could be saved or injuries averted just in Marion County. :nono:
    "idiot prosecutor in Marion County"
    I swear I read somewhere that this was a physical constant. Like the speed of light in a vacuum.
    Eh...I'm old and maybe my little dog brain simply imagined that?

MH

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    So can I assume a simple no or nunya would allow you to continue traveling or would they press the issue.. Wondering if they have the right to search and if they don't what possible use is the whole exercise?
    For a "NOYB", they'd trespass you. They'd ask you to leave, and ignoring such request would be a criminal act.

For a "No", it depends if they believe you or not. If they do, you're good to go. If not, see above. If it's just mall security, lie away. :) If the police ask, it's a different story.

indydrummer

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 2, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Maybe they’re just emotional support animal’s and not really trained for firearm detection just to make the punks and rest of us think we’re the next Scooby snack?

Matt46628

Plinker
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2024
    South Bend
    Was at greenwood again today. Saw 2 pet-"service " dogs. Did not see the k9 team(s) out.
    I was approached by security at University Park Mall in Mishawaka, IN. I was there with my 7y/o daughter getting her ears pierced and had a firearm. The gentleman from security was walking with what appeared to be a K9 officer from Mishawka PD. They walked past me, the K9 got riled up about 20 or so feet from me and then they doubled back on the other side of me. I noticed the men, but didn't pay too much attention, as I was doing nothing wrong. I was then tapped on the shoulder by the security guard and asked if I was carrying. I told him that I was. To which he replied that I would have to place my firearm in my vehicle, or leave the mall. I told him that as soon as my daughter was done getting her ears pierced that my family would be leaving the mall. He then told me that since I was in the middle of this transaction with my daughter that as long as we were done right after she was finished there would be no issue. I thanked him and they left me and my family to finish what we were doing. Overall, this was a very positive experience with a guy just doing his job and he did not give me a hard time about carrying in a "gun free zone". From what I understand, it is not illegal to carry in a "gun free zone" like a mall. However, if you're asked to remove the firearm from the property and you don't, you can be charged with criminal trespass.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer or a police officer

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I was approached by security at University Park Mall in Mishawaka, IN. I was there with my 7y/o daughter getting her ears pierced and had a firearm. The gentleman from security was walking with what appeared to be a K9 officer from Mishawka PD. They walked past me, the K9 got riled up about 20 or so feet from me and then they doubled back on the other side of me. I noticed the men, but didn't pay too much attention, as I was doing nothing wrong. I was then tapped on the shoulder by the security guard and asked if I was carrying. I told him that I was. To which he replied that I would have to place my firearm in my vehicle, or leave the mall. I told him that as soon as my daughter was done getting her ears pierced that my family would be leaving the mall. He then told me that since I was in the middle of this transaction with my daughter that as long as we were done right after she was finished there would be no issue. I thanked him and they left me and my family to finish what we were doing. Overall, this was a very positive experience with a guy just doing his job and he did not give me a hard time about carrying in a "gun free zone". From what I understand, it is not illegal to carry in a "gun free zone" like a mall. However, if you're asked to remove the firearm from the property and you don't, you can be charged with criminal trespass.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer or a police officer

Don't we all feel safer that they stopped this obvious gang banger before he got out of hand?
    Kudos to the K9.
    Just imagine what would have happened if they had left him alone!

Top Bottom