• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Tough to say what all is going on, but it seems the fat*** was the aggressor once the swing at the throat was made.

NFG

Reminds me of an old Marty Robbins song though:

Around 1:18

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Bullying...intimidation...got into his personal space...punched him in the face...then tried to pin him inside with the car door.
    Big guy like that could really hurt someone physically, especially with the aggressive, angry, and 'bowed-up' attitude that he displayed!
    People don't understand the physical damage a fist can cause - broken bones, loss of an eye (or 2), permanent brain damage, etc.
    Best defense would have been to recognized the pending situation and, if at all possible, take steps to avoid or not allow it to escalate to that point, but keeping in mind that some people will push their agenda as far as possible, overstepping defensive barriers, and create a worse-case scenario, and in those situations one does have to defend oneself!

Last edited:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Outside looking in...Justified.....but, what were the circumstances? Little guy kill his dog? Did Little guy escalate the incident? Looked like he was in a place where he could not run, and get away......I'm not a lawyer.....

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Looks like self defense to me, guy didn't draw until he was struck and after that anything couldve happened to him with the other man's size *e.g strangulation* and the presence of an open car door.

Not to mention the assaulter couldve taken his pistol as the assault ensued. So yes justified to me.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Outside looking in...Justified.....but, what were the circumstances? Little guy kill his dog? Did Little guy escalate the incident?
    Looked like he was in a place where he could not run, and get away......I'm not a lawyer.....
    A few of the many 'unknowns' in this situation...and any prior events / interactions or 'escalation' the little guy contributed to the final event, will be sorted out by prosecutors and the courts! If the little guy provoked the situation, or contributed to the escalation of the final event, even though he had the right to protect himself while under attack, it doesn't make him immune from responsibility or prosecution.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    A few of the many 'unknowns' in this situation...and any prior events / interactions or 'escalation' the little guy contributed to the final event, will be sorted out by prosecutors and the courts! If the little guy provoked the situation, or contributed to the escalation of the final event, even though he had the right to protect himself while under attack, it doesn't make him immune from responsibility or prosecution.
    I kinda disagree. Once big guy lays hands on small guy it becomes self defense. I see no reason for anything else to be brought into it. Unless they are in a "must make effort to retreat" state then all bets are off.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I kinda disagree. Once big guy lays hands on small guy it becomes self defense. I see no reason for anything else to be brought into it. Unless they are in a "must make effort to retreat" state then all bets are off.
    Yep.
    It is almost impossible to retreat, however, when fat man has him cornered and is beating him into the car.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    A little hard to say. The first swing is total aggression, not provoked by any reasonable interpretation of the word. I think he only lunges for the short guy and tries to pin him after he sees the draw, though, which is understandable but also turns it immediately into a deadly force fight over a gun. At that point, you pretty much have to shoot just to keep possession of the gun and not get it taken away and killed with it.

Big guy is literally twice his size and that first swing could have put his lights out by itself. Assuming there's no other facts floating around, big guy is the aggressor and everything stemmed from his actions. Maybe one hit isn't quite deadly force, maybe drawing the gun turned it into a deadly force situation when it otherwise wouldn't have been, but I would not vote to convict the little guy here unless there was factual evidence that he went out of his way to start it. Disparity of size and ability is a real factor, and you shouldn't go around hitting other people.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    in the 'moment' of the big guy laying hands on the little guy...yes, he absolutely had the right to defend him! No question...
    But the courts will have to sort out any and all prior interaction(s) between the two individuals and determine provocation, etc.
    Everything will have to be weighed against the Five Elements of Self-Defense...and he'll have to pass muster, or be cleared of all five elements, in order to have his actions 'justified' as self-defense by the legal system.
    1) Innocence
    2) Imminence
    3) Proportionality
    4) Avoidance
    5) Reasonableness
    In the video, his actions definitely have the appearance of 'self-defense' for an imminent and aggressive action against him.
    Hopefully, he has an objective-minded, and not agenda-driven, DA assessing his situation.

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    in the 'moment' of the big guy laying hands on the little guy...yes, he absolutely had the right to defend him! No question...
    But the courts will have to sort out any and all interaction(s) between the two individuals and determine provocation, etc.
    Everything will have to be weighed against the Five Elements of Self-Defense...and he'll have to pass muster, or be cleared of all five elements, to have his actions 'justified' as self-defense by the legal system.
    1) Innocence
    2) Imminence
    3) Proportionality
    4) Avoidance
    5) Reasonableness
    In the video, his actions definitely have the appearance of 'self-defense' for an imminent and aggressive action against him.
    Hopefully, he has an objective-minded, and not agenda-driven, DA assessing his situation.
    What could the small guy have done to justify a possible life ending beating? Nothing I can think of.

Top Bottom