Joe Rogan: ‘If Michelle Obama runs [against Trump], she wins’ Obama best president in our lifetime

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    He might as well be saying that Obama is the best president. Kind of a snobbish swipe when he says, "Obama as president was the best president in our lifetime in terms of like a representative of intelligent, articulate people" Key phrase being "representative of intelligent, articulate people"

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe he could have stated it better, but that comment suggests to me that all other presidents in our lifetime by virtue of their inarticulate, ignorant mannerisms represented ignorant people who aren't well spoken.
    That's a fair take on it IMO. Either could be correct.

Reactions: KG1

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I find it interesting that so much is being made of Rogan's personal opinion when in reality, his shows don't involve much of that. He interviews fascinating guests and lets them talk. His opinions don't come into those much. Then again, those who listen to him know this already, he's not a political commentator.

Merle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2021
    Monroe County Indiana
    Makes me wonder if Rogan's data gathering showed him hemorrhaging listeners enough due to presenting inconvenient truth that he felt the need to re-establish his bona fides as a true believer

Anyone who believe Obama was a great president, and that Michael could be too, needs to put down the pipe now and then
    I think the heavy metals in his tattoos have damaged his brain

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Not that anyone is interested, but ranking of "best President" in my lifetime (starting with Nixon) would raise some eyebrows. If I rated based upon presidential-ness aside from policy, the rankings would be different, but policy matters, so that is included.

Heck, why not? I'll put my flame suit on and:

1. Reagan
    2. George W. Bush
    3. Nixon
    4. Trump
    5. George H.W. Bush
    6. Clinton
    7. Obama
    8. Ford (not bad...but not anything; pretty much a cipher)
    9. Carter (I at least respect him)
    10. Biden (heck, he could turn it all around in the next couple of years and move up the list....but let's be realistic)

3 and 4 could swap, but I made a judgment call.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Rogan is going by "presidentialness" and not particular policy. According to him these are the qualifications that makes Michelle Obama/Kamala Harris a winning ticket. Forget policy. Whereas policy takes top billing for me.

“She’s (M.O.) great, she’s intelligent, she’s articulate, she’s the wife of the best president that we have had in our lifetime in terms of, like, a representative of intelligent, articulate people.”

He also said that a ticket with Obama and Kamala Harris as vice president would provide “a double dose of diversity.”

All that Kamala Harris brought to the table when Biden purposely picked her for a running mate was her was diversity. Sure, as hell wasn't her likability.

Last edited:

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Rogan is going by "presidentialness" and not particular policy. According to him these are the qualifications that makes Michelle Obama/Kamala Harris a winning ticket. Forget policy. Whereas policy takes top billing for me.

“She’s (M.O.) great, she’s intelligent, she’s articulate, she’s the wife of the best president that we have had in our lifetime in terms of, like, a representative of intelligent, articulate people.”

He also said that a ticket with Obama and Kamala Harris as vice president would provide “a double dose of diversity.”
    “Double dose of ‘diversity’”,
    with a zero dose of competence.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

All that Kamala Harris brought to the table when Biden purposely picked her for a running mate was her was diversity. Sure, as hell wasn't her likability.
    I can see that analysis...and agree that Obama was presented as intelligent and articulate. I believe he is. However, the analysis is skewed because even back to the time of Reagan (probably before), the media has gone out of its way to cover up the gaffs of liberals and amplify...and fabricate, the gaffs of the conservatives. I have a hard time determining who would "look" more presidential on an equal media playing field.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    “Double dose of ‘diversity’”, with a zero dose of competence.
    This is the stupidest reason that Rogan gave, among the other characteristics that he said, in favor of voting for a Mochelle/Harris ticket. The bad thing is that a lot of uninformed people vote based on those kinds of characteristics alone that Rogan described and the rest of us get screwed because of it.

That's what you get when you vote feelz over policy and how much confidence you have in their competency to carry out a policy agenda you have thoroughly studied and that you agree with.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I can see that analysis...and agree that Obama was presented as intelligent and articulate. I believe he is. However, the analysis is skewed because even back to the time of Reagan (probably before), the media has gone out of its way to cover up the gaffs of liberals and amplify...and fabricate, the gaffs of the conservatives. I have a hard time determining who would "look" more presidential on an equal media playing field. [or without a teleprompter and a cadre of talented speech-writers]

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    This is the stupidest reason that Rogan gave, among the other characteristics that he said, in favor of voting for a Mochelle/Harris ticket. The bad thing is that a lot of uninformed people vote based on those kinds of characteristics alone that Rogan described and the rest of us get screwed because of it.

That's what you get when you vote feelz over policy and the confidence you have in their competency to carry out a policy agenda.
    A lot of votes for both the BHOzo and the Hildebeest were cast for “feelz” only.

“He’s articulate, and bright, and clean . . .”
    “It’s her turn!”

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Joe rogan smokes a lot of weed... and it must be some really strong stuff if he thinks Obama was the best president of our lifetime. I’ve been alive for 6 presidents and he’s barely top 5... and that’s only because he could spell his name without a teleprompter, the 6th can’t even speak English.

marksman1023

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2019
    Columbus
    I don't tune into the JRE for Rogan's opinions, though he does have some interesting (and entertaining) comments during the course of a 3-hour podcast. I tune in because he'll have just about anybody (perhaps ESPECIALLY people who have been "deplatformed" for various reasons) on his podcast and will have a legitimate conversation with them about their views for two or three hours at a time.

Whatever his personal political views, I have a lot of respect for his particular brand of "come on and talk to me and the listeners about what you actually think, whether or not they'll have you on Good Morning America to say it," and I gladly support him with a Spotify subscription that I pretty much only use for the JRE podcast. We need a lot more of that format of communication available, not less. Especially considering he is VERY friendly to 2A and pro-2A people (he's a gun owner/hunter himself and has had Colion Noir on repeatedly...I believe a number of those episodes are available on YouTube), I'm willing to check my concern over his party affiliation at the door.

If anything I want him introducing MORE liberal/democrat listeners to the concept that the 2A isn't just for conservatives. It'd be nice to be less anxious about at least one policy point every 2-4 years.

Also: I'm pretty sure I listened to the entirety of this podcast in question, and I wouldn't consider his comments a thorough examination of policy and endorsement of that ticket. That's not really what he does. Rather, an opinion on what ticket would "sell" to the voting public, irrespective of the actual policy positions...and I'm not sure he's wrong on that score, regardless of the fact that I wouldn't vote that way myself.

Top Bottom