Jmac x37 360 HUB muzzle device / suppressor mount? Anyone have one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    The product in question;

Anyone have one of these or any other jmac muzzle device with hub threads on it for 'direct mount' on it?

If not, anyone see any issues with using these over the dead air keymo I am using now?

Would it be more likely to work itself off the mount without some kind of locking mechanism or am I overthinking it considering I can take my can off the keymo adapter as is sometimes now should I lock the adapter too tight sometimes?

I.e - is it just as likely to work itself off on the jmac as it is on the keymo adapter?

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I'd suggest this.
    https://www.griffinarmament.com/taper-mount-ez-brake/
    With the taper mount, there's no fancy crap to mess up. Simply tighten and forget about it.

Depending on your suppressor, you might need this. https://www.griffinarmament.com/pla...ga-nomad-other-1-375x24-threaded-suppressors/
    Yeah I've seen those and I'm sure they work great but I'm not interested in them right now.

Should I be shooting without a can on the 10.5 sbr this is for I would not want to be near it with that brake.

The jmac is similar but they have a blast shield that diverts most of everything forward.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Like this?

Yeah. Exactly like that.

The thing is, that setup still has the same issue I made this thread about - just with one extra part

It's still going to be sitting on a 1.375 HUB thread like a direct mount adapter would.

The thing I was asking is if the keymo or a taper lock system like what you posted provides any extra layer of security from the can wriggling itself off of the hub threads.

I don't think they do, so if I'm wrong I'd like to know as the jmac brake is the lightest mounting solution I can find as a mount and brake that I can shoot unsuppressed still as well.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've never had a can loosen from my taper mounts. I put them on, tighten with one hand, and shoot. Typically, I'll have to put the gun between my legs, use both hands, and give a good amount of effort to break them loose. One suppressor has been sitting on my coyote rifle for a few years. It's just as tight, if not tighter, than the day I installed it.

If you're wanting a light as possible, griffin offers this https://www.griffinarmament.com/taper-mount-minimalist-brake-titanium/ but you will probably need shims. Most of my brakes are shimmed, so it's not a huge deal, but I like the idea of the first brake that doesn't require shims due to ease of installation.

Hopefully, someone else can chime in. @NyleRN Where are you?

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Any suppressor attachment that uses threads without a taper will need to be installed with a wrench to get sufficient retention torque. The Jmac will work fine if you use a wrench and a Vox block to get high torque on the mount to the can, and the mount to the barrel. If you dont mind using a wrench to get your silencer on and off, then the Jmac is for you. If you want to be able to install and remove your silencer without tools, then you want a taper mount like the Griffin plan A. With tapers, the removal torque is a multiplier of installation torque, so hand tight is sufficient. You will still want to use a wrench to install the adapter in the can, and the muzzle device, but that will only be done once. The taper interface between the muzzle device and can will allow for hand tightening and hand loosening.

You see the same thing on pistol cans. Every right hand thread pistol silencer will unthread itself while shooting unless you tighten it to the barrel with a wrench. Griffin has a solution to this with their EZ lok system. It uses a taper on the hand tighten interface just like the plan A mounts and keeps the silencer on tight.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I'm a big fan or taper mounts when possible. Removal can be difficult sometimes, but it's better than the alternative. They're designed to NOT unthread, which is a win for me.

A ratcheting T system is my second choice (apply the break with blue Lock Tite) but these systems are going by the wayside in favor of the new taper designs available. I've personally never used a JMac.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Just food for thought here, they also make incredibly solid keymo breaks. Running a rrd-2c on my ak right now.

I really really like keymo but I'm trying to save weight with the new cans I bought.

I'm probably going to give the rearden atlas a try.

I want to go with the jmac but don't like that I'd be stuck with a massive brake if I don't bring a can with me and the atlas will let me have a flash hider.

If dead air wasn't self imploding I'd probably have bought a Xeno mount and muzzle device instead but DA seems like they're trying to kill their brand at the moment and the internet is acting like they want them gone rather than to fix their stuff instead.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I really really like keymo but I'm trying to save weight with the new cans I bought.

I want to go with the jmac but don't like that I'd be stuck with a massive brake if I don't bring a can with me and the atlas will let me have a flash hider.

If dead air wasn't self imploding I'd probably have bought a Xeno mount and muzzle device instead but DA seems like they're trying to kill their brand at the moment and the internet is acting like they want them gone rather than to fix their stuff instead.

I'll admit I'm not keeping up with the drama of the class 3 world. What's going on with DA? I was about to pull the trigger on a wolverine suppressor for my AK. If there's some sort of shenanigans or buffoonery going on it's going to impact future support I don't want to buy one of those

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I'll admit I'm not keeping up with the drama of the class 3 world. What's going on with DA? I was about to pull the trigger on a wolverine suppressor for my AK. If there's some sort of shenanigans or buffoonery going on it's going to impact future support I don't want to buy one of those
    The Sierra 5 seems to be a complete failure and is blowing up at less than 100 rounds for what seems like a LOT of people judging by the amount of pics and videos.

DA either deletes their IG or was temporarily banned (as they say) after deleting people's posts.

Others complaining about them taking months and months to send things that were missing from orders, xeno adapters seem to not be being made anymore according to many.

I don't follow it but that's what all I gathered last night looking into it so take it with a small grain of sand BUT the Sierra 5 thing is very very real, there's way too many photos and videos from different users to that not be a real problem.

Some said there's rumors they're being bought out by someone else.

The internet is FULL of misinformation and BS. I'm NOT endorsing any of what I said above or calling it true *except* the Sierra 5 issue.

I still wish I could get a xeno flash hider and mount though.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Wow. Thanks for the info. I hadn't seen the stuff on the Sierra 5. That is not very confident inducing. It certainly sounds like the makings of a disaster after somebody bought them, if that's true, but it's disturbing nevertheless. I think I will probably put that suppressor purchase on hold for right now to see how that shakes out.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Wow. Thanks for the info. I hadn't seen the stuff on the Sierra 5. That is not very confident inducing. It certainly sounds like the makings of a disaster after somebody bought them, if that's true, but it's disturbing nevertheless. I think I will probably put that suppressor purchase on hold for right now to see how that shakes out.

I haven't seen any other cans of theirs being mentioned in the mess but the Sierra 5 would be a roulette gamble it seems.

Edit here's a good video and post on reddit. One of many. Baffles loose inside after 90 rounds

Last edited:

StumpGump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2022
    Avon
    Yep, makes me pretty hesitant to jump in with dead air. I've seen some super schetchy qc on their breaks too. Seems like they are having real trouble scaling to size and maintaining qc. But that keymo tho...

StumpGump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2022
    Avon

Thanks for the rabbit hole on Rearden. ‍

Last edited:

StumpGump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2022
    Avon
    I'll admit I'm not keeping up with the drama of the class 3 world. What's going on with DA? I was about to pull the trigger on a wolverine suppressor for my AK. If there's some sort of shenanigans or buffoonery going on it's going to impact future support I don't want to buy one of tho

The wolverine seems pretty solid. I'm window shopping for my ak right now too, what are you looking to suppress?

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Yep, makes me pretty hesitant to jump in with dead air. I've seen some super schetchy qc on their breaks too. Seems like they are having real trouble scaling to size and maintaining qc. But that keymo tho...
    I love keymo. I really really do.

I might just hit the gym and only use fluted barrels and keep the keymo.

StumpGump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2022
    Avon
    I love keymo. I really really do.

I might just hit the gym and only use fluted barrels and keep the keymo.
    Idk after watching some videos and researching I might go down the rearden route. What not to like about weight and length reduction? That being said.. if u r selling some keymo mounts....

Top Bottom